Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 lbs

Guest peg leg

Hi Pat -- welcome to the Chicago bandster club! There are a lot of us around, but we're way outnumbered by Texans!

You are coming up on your two-year anniversary. . . any insights you'd care to share?

Peg Leg, are you a he or a she? Congratulations on the great loss!

Pat, great job! Guy or gal?

Zoe, Chicago's not in Texas?

PegLeg, sounds like you have done a great job. Is walking the only exercise you have been doing? How many calories did you restrict yourself to? Great job.

Guest fgb023c

WOW!!!

Way to go!! you are a great insperation to someone like me that has a long way to go.

Guest KarenD

Mary E,

Do you know how many cc's you have total now? I was banded 7-6-04, and I have only lost 44 pounds. I also only have 2 cc's of liquid in my band. Dr. Zeo Deol performed my surgery in Troy, Michigan. Anyway, the last time I had a fill, she said she was worried about me, because the liquid we have to drink really stayed on top for a while. I'm just wishing that the weight would come off a little faster. Do you have any encouraging words?

Thanks,

KarenD

Exercise will probably make a big difference. Not only will you burn more calories, your metabolism will speed up. When our bodies are radically deprived of calories and we don't move much, we go into survival mode -- our metabolic rate drops as a means of self-preservation.

You should probably check in with your doctor to make sure your fill is adequate for you. Please don't compare your stats (weight loss or fill) to anyone else's, tempting though it may be. For example, if I had 2ccs in my band, I wouldn't be able to swallow Water, but 2ccs may give almost no restriction for you. And, Karen, not to kick your ass or anything, but what's this about "only" 44 pounds? That's a great achievement, especially if you aren't exercising!