Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Veronica Garza said:

This is me

I am sorry, just know you are not alone.

When did you have your revision ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

@beaker27 here it is.

thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2020 at 1:24 PM, Ashley.Sheridan said:

Ok, that makes more sense. My friend had a revision from lapband to sleeve and says she can eat way more than when she had her lapband. she was having issues with food getting stuck all the time. Definitely seeing how everyone is so so different.

opposite... i could eat more with the band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2020 at 9:47 AM, ge0rgette2 said:

Thanks - I don't want weight loss - well maybe another 40-50 lbs, but I want this GERD to be gone as well as the Hernia... it's horrendous today, I can't wait for this to maybe be over.

I know the bypass goes thru the intestines, I wanted to do the bypass at first, but decided on the sleeve.. if I knew that I might be acceptable to this horrendous heartburn I would have done it in the beginning.

I agree that’s why I had it done and hernia is gone this was the second one and the gerd is gone thank god is was soo bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MIKEYY84 I’ve read all you me comments. My question is have you had a revision? I understand you have the bypass but did you ever have the sleeve first then the bypass? If not trust me it’s much different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Old profile said:

@MIKEYY84 I’ve read all you me comments. My question is have you had a revision? I understand you have the bypass but did you ever have the sleeve first then the bypass? If not trust me it’s much different.

According to his profile he had the Bypass in Oct 2019 as his first surgery. No one can understand this revision stuff unless they have been through it. Wishing you all the best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Tracyringo said:

No one can understand this revision stuff unless they have been through it.

Yes, it's way different than the first surgery. Especially if you feel "forced" to do it because of e. g. reflux. The excitement of weight loss is completely missing when you're having surgery out of other reasons.

You just feel like like crap for a while and have to deal with the anxiety that the "new surgery" isn't as good as the one you had before. I'm still not convinced that the RNY is as good as the MGB when it comes to maintenance. So far I don't have any real reason to think so but there definitely is this nagging anxiety in some part of my brain I can't get rid of and that maybe will be present for some years. If it will ever go away, who knows.

Edited by summerset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, summerset said:

Yes, it's way different than the first surgery. Especially if you feel "forced" to do it because of e. g. reflux. The excitement of weight loss is completely missing when you're having surgery out of other reasons.

You just feel like like crap for a while and have to deal with the anxiety that the "new surgery" isn't as good as the one you had before. I'm still not convinced that the RNY is as good as the MGB when it comes to maintenance. So far I don't have any real reason to think so but there definitely is this nagging anxiety in some part of my brain I can't get rid of and that maybe will be present for some years. If it will ever go away, who knows.

I totally agree as I am having the same anxiety and I have stalled at the weight I was weighing in at last summer, which I am fine with but really ? I thought I would be able to get to 155-160 as an added buffer without starving myself ! I suppose we will see what happens over the next 6 weeks before I head back to the Dr. office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2020 at 9:14 PM, DesperateEC said:

EXACTLY! With the sleeve the weight literally falls off!! With the bypass it’s no physical stopping. I’m eating like I have the sleeve ( small bites) but the fact that I don’t get the full sensation temps me to snack😢😢 message you all the new sleeve patients : EMBRACE THE RESTRICTION!!!!

I had the sleeve 15 months ago and my weight never literally fell off. Is that a fact for most with sleeve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2020 at 7:31 PM, Honi said:

I had the sleeve 15 months ago and my weight never literally fell off. Is that a fact for most with sleeve?

I followed the plan and it came off but it was slow for me compared to others at that time. I lost 14 lbs the first month compared to other losing 20 in 2 weeks !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2020 at 4:53 AM, DesperateEC said:

So I had the gastric sleeve done in March 2015. I started at 309 and got to 154 but then had 2 pregnancies that brought me back to 300. Had the bypass March 2020 . Started from 300 and now I’m 271-270. I don’t like this surgery because I no longer get that full sensation and restrictions the sleeve provided. I’m doing as much exercise as quarantine can provide but it’s soooooo much harder this time around 😔😔😔. It’s like the restriction isn’t physical anymore so it has to be physiological which is 100000 times more difficult. I miss eating 2 bites and being full all day to be honest. Now the food literally feels like it goes straight through me 😔😒

Hi! What do you mean you no longer get the full sensation like with the sleeve? I’m currently sleeved but might possibly need revision to bypass due to gerd... what do you feel now with the bypass when you eat, apart from what you mentioned, does it feel a lot different? Do you get dumping syndrome?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kikikiki said:

Hi! What do you mean you no longer get the full sensation like with the sleeve? I’m currently sleeved but might possibly need revision to bypass due to gerd... what do you feel now with the bypass when you eat, apart from what you mentioned, does it feel a lot different? Do you get dumping syndrome?

Hi, with the sleeve before my 3 pregnancies I could only take 3-4 bites of food before feeling incredibly full even leading to vomiting. Within a year I had lost 150 pounds with the bypass it’s no longer a pouch fullness but an uncomfortable nausea feeling. I have an Iron stomach so I’ve only had dumping once but I stick to what I know to be safe. Everyone is different. To me the sleeve was much bettter because I’m a good addict

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×