Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2020 surgeries

My surgery time is finally here!!! I have so many mixed emotions but joy is at the top of my list. This journey has been a long time coming but it's just the beginning!! I will be getting the VSG today and I'll keep you all posted. TTYL[emoji177]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Omw to the hospital too, dont know how I feel. I wish you the best of luck. Today is the big day. Let's stay strong

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am finally having my surgery on 6/29/2020. It was originally scheduled for April 9, 2020. However, due to covid 19 it was cancelled. I am super excited. Now I am praying that my surgery is approved. They did not submit my paperwork before.

Hey all! Pre-op appt and diet starts today for surgery on the 30th. Nervous and excited. I know I can do it, just going to be tough and I have to prepare for that.

On 06/15/2020 at 09:24, Joshagotchi said:

Hey all! Pre-op appt and diet starts today for surgery on the 30th. Nervous and excited. I know I can do it, just going to be tough and I have to prepare for that.

Good luck Josh. You got this!!!

Hi everyone! I had VSG on 6/10/20. My procedure started at about 11:15am. It took a little longer because of scar tissue I had awhile back from lap band removal.

I was extremely tired afterwards. No complications, just super tired. Literally, I fell asleep on the toilet. 😩 Anyways, I stayed until about 5:30pm and was discharged. As the IV meds wore off, the pain at the incision sites increased.

Today is 5 days post-op and it’s better. There’s some pain but not nearly as bad. I’m struggling with liquids. I have so much restriction that it’s difficult to get it all down. Yesterday, I got about 30g of Protein in and about 24oz of Water. I had super thin cream of wheat and 1/2 apple juice with 1/2 Water to help move my bowels. I’m also tired and a bit winded. Each day, I’m challenging myself to increase fluids as I can tolerate them. I just have to pace myself. I’m able to get in my Vitamins but the Protein Shakes are DISGUSTING. I have another one that tastes better but it’s harder for me to get down. So I’ve decided to continue with the gross one until my belly heals more. Decisions lol 😆  Oh, I pooped on day 4. I can’t wait until it starts to firm back up because loose stools are gross. My stomach is growling but it’s not hunger pains. Also, has anyone experienced sharp back pains. I need to let out a big burp or poot but the gas is trapped. It’s very uncomfortable. 

I did a 10 day liquid diet for pre-op, and lost 13lbs. Since surgery, I’ve lost additional 6lbs. I’m excited!

Good Afternoon Guys I’m 4 days postoperative and I feel completely normal. Things seems to be going well. I am doing my walking a couple of times daily. My family has been very supportive just one thing I feel Hungary all the time. I am unsure why but the Protein Shakes are not getting it I need a different taste. I am still doing all liquids so can anyone give me some liquids suggestions? I have 10 more days of all liquids

7 minutes ago, Focusonme said:

Good Afternoon Guys I’m 4 days postoperative and I feel completely normal. Things seems to be going well. I am doing my walking a couple of times daily. My family has been very supportive just one thing I feel Hungary all the time. I am unsure why but the Protein Shakes are not getting it I need a different taste. I am still doing all liquids so can anyone give me some liquids suggestions? I have 10 more days of all liquids

I've been doing some Isopure tropical fruit - it kinds tastes like Koolaid? I've also done a bunch of chicken Bone Broth from costco (it's 12g of Protein per cup, and 50 cals). The fairlife shakes have been the easiest for me to get down - but even those take a little while. I've also tried a few of the Syntrax Nectar flavors - green apple was pretty good. I'm also adding 1 packet of liquid IV to 64 ozs of Water - and I'm able to get that in now - but plain water is hard still (I'm 12 days post op). Herbal Mint tea has been awesome too.

2 hours ago, Focusonme said:

Propel Lemon Water (or other flavors) is really good. I found that suggestion from a guy on youtube. It isn't as strong as Gatorade Zero/G2 but not as watered down as regular water with lemons in it. I like the Premier Protein shakes -- have you tried to thin them out a bit to make them easier to drink? You can use a nutribullet/magic bullet and blend them with ice cubes too.

I just wanted to share an update. I am officially one week post-op (surgery on 6/8) and in the first phase of my post-op diet. I was a little disheartened to see that I've only lost about 3.5lb since my surgery date, but I know I have to trust the process. I have always been pretty muscular and fit, so I expect my weight loss may be a bit slower. My post-op diet is a bit difficult. I'm on straight low- cal, sugar-free, Clear Liquids for 21 day except for the 2/day Protein Shakes. After this first phase, I do soft foods for 3 more weeks, than I can move on to solid foods. So far I'm not hungry, but wish I could have some creamy Soups to break up the monotony of Protein shakes and broth.

10 hours ago, Joshagotchi said:

You got this!!!

6 minutes ago, shanlo23 said:

June 24th is my date 😁

Congrats! Mine is the 23rd.