Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband removed now wanting a sleeve

I’ve had a lapband removed 3 years ago and now wanting a sleeve. I’ve researched surgeons and got myself confused. I want a state of the art type hospital, ideally English speaking and a 36-38F bougie. I’ve researched this and smaller bougie sizes can cause problems. Who are the top 5 best of the best surgeons who operate in 5* type facilities?

I like the look of these 4 so far:

Mexico - Dr Ilan - no negatives so far! Lots of positives

Obesity Control Center - Dr Ortiz - this was my favourite but major downside uses 32 bougie and cost is $7000.

LiMARP -Dr. Liza María Pompa González

Dr Altamirano - $4500 is it an outdated hospital? Procedures take place at night and seen a lot of people with bruising from the bloods. Best price I’ve seen including hiatus hernia repair if found and no extra as I’ve had my band removed plus his surgery is quick & no drain which I like. Discharge notes in Spainish and no dvd of surgery given.

Any advice would be helpful!

This covid virus means I can’t travel at the moment but I am wanting it soon!

Hi MeInLondon,

Dr. Illan uses a 34 bougie. He performs all surgeries at Hospital BC, a Center of Excellence for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeries.

Oh! By the way, Dr. Illan is a Surgeon of Excellence and a Master Surgeon in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeries.

Let me know if you need more info.