Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Considering removal; have questions????

I am considering having my band removed. I was banded a year ago this past October. I lost weight in the very beginning which was totally because of the liquid diet. Its been so long since I lost, I cant even remember. Since September I have put on 10 lbs. I am roughly 15 lbs away from being the same weight I was the day of my surgery.

I cant eat in the mornings it makes me sick at my stomach. If I do get to eat something before 2:00pm it feels like I swallowed glass. Im tired of the pain, Im tired on the constant vomiting. My family is disgusted with me carrying around a cup to puke in. I just feel like I have made a hue mistake. I never delt with my overeating before having this surgery. Now, all I can eat is junk food. I am craving normal food so bad. I just want to be normal again. I feel like Im some kind of freak.

I thought this would make me feel better about myself but its the complete opposite, I feel worse.

I have to take several medications, which Im having to crush and mix with juice to get them down, I cant tell you how sickening that is. I am so ready to give up.

But on the other hand, I have no control over my overeating. If I do have the band removed, After not having solid foods for so long, I'll probably go crazy and eat everything in sight.

I dont know why I make myself feel like such a failure with this one issue. Its like theres a monster inside of me that no one can see but me. Is that weird or what.......LOL

Anyway.......To Band Or Not To Band..that is the question??????

Hi:

I don't know too much about these things, but it seems that you should discuss this with your surgeon, and a psychologist.

Give up the junk food and start having Soup instead - less calories and it has nutrition.

I hope things improve for you.

Sue

I agree with an unfill. Your band should just decrease your hunger by making you feel full longer, but it can't do that if you can't eat solids.

Before removing the band, I'd try the unfill and go on Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig. No liquid calories! Good luck.

I totally understand how you r feeling. I go out with my brother once a week for Breakfast and most times after a few bites I am running for the bathroom to choke it all up.. I also eat the junk food because it is easier to get down. It is very hard, but try to eat more Soups and softer foods, but I know how u feel.

I am considering having my band removed. I was banded a year ago this past October. I lost weight in the very beginning which was totally because of the liquid diet. Its been so long since I lost, I cant even remember. Since September I have put on 10 lbs. I am roughly 15 lbs away from being the same weight I was the day of my surgery.

I cant eat in the mornings it makes me sick at my stomach. If I do get to eat something before 2:00pm it feels like I swallowed glass. Im tired of the pain, Im tired on the constant vomiting. My family is disgusted with me carrying around a cup to puke in. I just feel like I have made a hue mistake. I never delt with my overeating before having this surgery. Now, all I can eat is junk food. I am craving normal food so bad. I just want to be normal again. I feel like Im some kind of freak.

I thought this would make me feel better about myself but its the complete opposite, I feel worse.

I have to take several medications, which Im having to crush and mix with juice to get them down, I cant tell you how sickening that is. I am so ready to give up.

But on the other hand, I have no control over my overeating. If I do have the band removed, After not having solid foods for so long, I'll probably go crazy and eat everything in sight.

I dont know why I make myself feel like such a failure with this one issue. Its like theres a monster inside of me that no one can see but me. Is that weird or what.......LOL

Anyway.......To Band Or Not To Band..that is the question??????

I am planning a removal in 10 days. Any thoughts?

I think that yall should get a relativly loose fill so you can eat normal foods, but less makes you full.... i would DEF try that before removal. you have nothing to stop you after removal!!!

White06,

I'm not a psychiatrist but maybey you should talk to one before you lose your band. It sounds like your dealing with an eating disorder or head hunger or maybe your band slipped? Did you do the proper liquid diet during the healing phase. If your band slipped then you won't even know it until about 12 months later which is about as long as you have had it. I wish the best for you. I was banded on Friday so I have a long way to go. Good Luck.

Hi White06...I most definately think either you have a problem with the band, or you are overfilled. A healthy, properly filled band is a tool that enables us to eat hard Protein, not liquid meals. Trust me, I've been there. Please get an unfill ASAP before you damage your esophagus or band, if it isn't already.

What does your doctor say about all this?

I'm not trying to be judgemental; I went through hell with my band before finally having it revised to RNY, and I hate to see you suffer like this.

Take care,

I think that yall should get a relativly loose fill so you can eat normal foods, but less makes you full.... i would DEF try that before removal. you have nothing to stop you after removal!!!

Since my last post I did have the band removed. I had no Fluid left at all for at least a year and was still getting stuck all the time. Since the removal I have been eating healthier foods and have lost several pounds. I am very happy with the removal although i realize I need to be careful

Did You Ins Pay For It ,i've Been Thinking Of Have My Removed. Guess I Was Not Think Clear When I Wanted It. How Did You Get Your Doc To Take It Out?

Band removal is just as big a decision as having it put in, and the same medical and insurance questions apply. Is removal medically necessary? If so, and if the risks of surgery are less than the benefits of having the procedure, it shouldn't be difficult to reach that decision. And your doctor will likely agree.