Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Support group at Lahey Clinic

Hi, I am going through Lahey Clinic in Burlington as well, Dr. Bram. I have been through the all day affair with NP, dietician and psycholgist so far. Do you feel that the Lap Band was the right choice?

Thanks,

Sandra

Hi, I am going through Lahey Clinic in Burlington as well, Dr. Bram. I have been through the all day affair with NP, dietician and psycholgist so far. Do you feel that the Lap Band was the right choice?

Thanks,

Sandra

Hi just found this group. I am being banded at Lahey Clinic tomorrow and am very excited and happy to do so.

I can't wait they are wonderful there, I have Dr. Brahm and he's so very nice and careing.

Good luck on your surgery! I had mine done at Lahey as well. I can't say enough good things about the program they have there. Corrine and Pam are wonderfully supporting people.

Looking forward to hearing more about you! Maybe I'll see you at a meeting!

Hi, I wasn't feeling to well on Tues. So I will make the September meeting for the Lap Banders. When is the next meeitng It's the second Tues. of every month right? On the 6th floor at 6:30 or 7"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Shamrockgirl87/AVITARS/BABYCHRISTINA.jpg

Hi, is the meeting at Lahey every month on the second Tues? On the 6th floor at what time? Let me know so I can write it down. I'll make the September one for sure.

Pati

Just wondering if there are any Lahey Bandster Alums out there. I'm into my 4th month of banding. I have not been to a support group at Lahey since the surgery as it is a drive. I do enjoy browsing on this website as it has been really helpful. I'm surprised there aren't more Lahey contributors.

Just wondering if there are any Lahey Bandster Alums out there. I'm into my 4th month of banding. I have not been to a support group at Lahey since the surgery as it is a drive. I do enjoy browsing on this website as it has been really helpful. I'm surprised there aren't more Lahey contributors.

Hi, glad to see someone else from Lahey here, I went to my first meeting the end of August. It was very helpful. I will try to make them all if I can and weather permitting.

I go for my first fill this afternoon, not looking forward to the needle. I have been told they don't numb you...ugggggg

Stocked up on some liquids for a few more days. LOL

Take care

Pati

shamrockgirl60-Hope your fill went well. I have had 2 so far and they have been easy. The procedure is so quick it would seem silly to be numbed (who needs another needle). Pam has done both my fills. She is great!

This past week I got my self a good case of food Poisoning while on vacation. Which brings up the question. How does your body handle food poisoning after the surgery? I know before the surgery when your body's defenses see the bacteria in the stomach & intestine you body tries to expel the bad food with vomiting and diarrhea. But with the band around your esophagus how does one vomit? Kinda gross but it makes you think.

This past week I got my self a good case of food Poisoning while on vacation. Which brings up the question. How does your body handle food poisoning after the surgery? I know before the surgery when your body's defenses see the bacteria in the stomach & intestine you body tries to expel the bad food with vomiting and diarrhea. But with the band around your esophagus how does one vomit? Kinda gross but it makes you think.

Hi there,

I have not had food poisoning but i HAVE had the stomach virus. My doc gave be nausia (SP?) meds. I just dry heaved & nothing came out. :)

this thread has been inactive for awhile...i hope I can bring it back to life lol

I am being banded @ lahey too. (they did life changing brain surgery on me, that had never been done before and they did an awesome job, all my care is now @ lahey)

I have that all day bit with the NP, the dietician, and the pshycologist. can anyone answer a few questions for me?

1)is this the day you actually begin the preop diet, or is it more just telling you what it is going to entail?

2)do they run any actual tests on this day (blood, ekg etc.) or is that after you see the surgeon? aka, should I fast just in case they do a glucose or anything? (I am not diabetic I just dont want ppl to think I am, so I usually fast whenever they do a BG)

3)How long after this day do you get a date with the surgeon?

4)do they tell you how long till surgery day or at least give you an idea? or again, is this something the surgeon will tell you?

5)and basically what does the day entail? I mean u r there for almost 4 hrs, so they have to do something lol...I would just like to know what the day is going to be like.....I have always been like that...can't go see a movie without reading the plot summary first type of person lol

anyone who has been banded at lahey, if you could share your experiences, I would really appreciate it!

thanks!

Edited by cduval04

I am in the program at Lahey.

Looks like a summer 2013 band for me.