Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 7 weeks post op gastric sleeve I have only lost 20lbs I can eat about 3oz at a time also i can eat anything nothing bothers my new stomach is this normal to eat this much At a time I also feel like I should have lost more a this point

Sent from my SM-J260A using BariatricPal mobile app

Nope 7 pounds a week is great - Do the math 7 pounds x 52 weeks = You BE SKINNY!

This is a journey not a sprint- Keep up the good work and let time go by - STOP steeping on the scale

Congrats on your losses! Average loss is 2-4lbs/week. So you're doing great!

3 oz by volume or 3 oz by weight? 3oz of fluids? Or 3oz of dense solids?

I'm an outlier.

I was right around that area at 7weeks: 2oz meat by weight and 1oz of veggie by weight.

I also had no issues with food and felt like I had a big capacity. That equates to about 2/3-3/4c of food by volume. So I was a little ahead of the curve. My doc was not bothered by my meal size nor was my RD.

I started at 287lbs and was at 224 morning of surgery 2/20/18. This morning I'm 129.4lbs and at Goal #3.

Here's a couple of meals at 7weeks:

image.png.dd9e13c5dc57a2671aed9114a94abd7e.png

Congrats on your losses! Average loss is 2-4lbs/week. So you're doing great!
3 oz by volume or 3 oz by weight? 3oz of fluids? Or 3oz of dense solids?
I'm an outlier.
I was right around that area at 7weeks: 2oz meat by weight and 1oz of veggie by weight.
I also had no issues with food and felt like I had a big capacity. That equates to about 2/3-3/4c of food by volume. So I was a little ahead of the curve. My doc was not bothered by my meal size nor was my RD.
I started at 287lbs and was at 224 morning of surgery 2/20/18. This morning I'm 129.4lbs and at Goal #3.
Here's a couple of meals at 7weeks:
image.png.dd9e13c5dc57a2671aed9114a94abd7e.png

Like you mentioned it like 2oz meat by weight and 1oz veggies depending on the types of food it does take a lil less thanks for sharing yours I thought maybe there was something wrong with me now I don't feel so alone

I don't want to be a "downer" on this very positive and encouraging board, but something is quite possibly wrong with the OP's situation. I only say that after reading virtually everything on this board over the past several weeks, and my own progress.

isn't the average person losing about 1lb per day +/- in the beginning of their process (and I'm not talking about mini stalls)?

The OP is losing 1/4 of a lb per day, which seems way outside of the norm. I realize that this board is meant for encouragement, but we should perhaps also assist those who may be struggling with actual physical issues.

Even AJ calculation is based on 7 days not 7 weeks.

"food for thought"

I don't want to be a "downer" on this very positive and encouraging board, but something is quite possibly wrong with the OP's situation. I only say that after reading virtually everything on this board over the past several weeks, and my own progress.
isn't the average person losing about 1lb per day +/- in the beginning of their process (and I'm not talking about mini stalls)?
The OP is losing 1/4 of a lb per day, which seems way outside of the norm. I realize that this board is meant for encouragement, but we should perhaps also assist those who may be struggling with actual physical issues.
"food for thought"

I was at doctors last week I mentioned my weight he says that he don't worry about that this early on cause the body is going through so much in September I was 282 now im237 but only 20 was lost since surgery I will be 7 weeks post op Monday I do have trouble getting my Water in he told me focus on that

3 hours ago, Fatboyslim1 said:

"food for thought"

I was averaging about 1-3lbs per week depending on the week.

I am 7 weeks post op gastric sleeve I have only lost 20lbs I can eat about 3oz at a time also i can eat anything nothing bothers my new stomach is this normal to eat this much At a time I also feel like I should have lost more a this point

Every body is different. I'm almost 6 weeks out and I've lost over 40lbs. I had a duodenal switch though, not just a VSG.

My doc says every meal should be 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food, but after 6 weeks I should be able to eat 1 whole cup of food, but nothing more than that, and it needs to be balanced for high Protein, moderate healthy fats, and little to no sugar.

So for you at 7 weeks, eating 3oz of food sounds fine, I think it's more about portion size and proportions of macros.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app