Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When do you get hungry

I was banded on 11/1/07...and I wanted to know how the rest of you are doing regarding hunger and what time you actually want to eat.

For the most part, I don't feel thirsty or hungry until after 1.00pm...and I tend to feel hungrier between 4pm-6pm...has anyone else noticed a trend in their "hunger habits?"

I know I am doing way less than the recommeded calories per day because of my eating window...I also stay full longer...anyone else feel this way?

In the morning on my way home from work. I work at night 6p-6a, so my schedule is reverse from most. So I guess it would be that I get hungry at "night." LOL I drink my last Protein Shake about 2am and try not to drink anything else after 3am or I spend the time that I SHOULD be sleeping running to the bathroom. I start getting hunger twinges about 5am.

I'm not hungry for Breakfast and often miss it (busy) but I try to remember to eat becuase supposedly you should. Not sure that works for me, the less I eat, the less I want to eat and I find I get starving around 11 am whereas without Breakfast I can go through to lunch at about 1 or so without a problem. But breakfast speeds up your metabolism doesnt it?

Other than that I get hungry if I havent eaten in a while, normally around dinner time I start to feel hungry.

I don't usually eat anything until I get to the office, so bekkie for me is usually between 9.30 - 10am. I'm not particularly hungry but eat anyway. I usually feel hungry if I don't eat when I get the first twinge.

I have a Protein Shake in the morning before I leave for work. I'm not usually hungry then but it keeps me from being hungry until about 10am. I will usually have a peice of fat free string cheese, sf Jello or pudding at that time. When I get back to work from Curves I've been eating tuna with fat free mayo. That will usually keep me feeling full until I get home from dinner. I will have dinner around 5:30-6:00 but once my daughter is in bed at around 8:00 that is the time I have to controll myself. I want to just munch and munch. I find myself walking into the kitchen for no reason. I know before I would have grabed some Cookies or ice cream but not I just turn around and find something to keep my mind occupied!

I have a Protein shake in the morning before I leave for work. I'm not usually hungry then but it keeps me from being hungry until about 10am. I will usually have a peice of fat free string cheese, sf Jello or pudding at that time. When I get back to work from Curves I've been eating tuna with fat free mayo. That will usually keep me feeling full until I get home from dinner. I will have dinner around 5:30-6:00 but once my daughter is in bed at around 8:00 that is the time I have to controll myself. I want to just munch and munch. I find myself walking into the kitchen for no reason. I know before I would have grabed some Cookies or ice cream but not I just turn around and find something to keep my mind occupied!

I was feeling like that on Sunday, not hungry but bored so found myself going in and out of the kitchen all day. Didn't have anything to eat but reminded me why I was overweight in the first place.

Oh Gosh I know what you all are talking about. Even though I can't eat as much, my mouth certainly wants to.

I drink my Protein Shake for breakfast, I'm not usually too hungry at this point, but I know that I need to get in my Protein. Come 10:00 a.m my stomach starts growling like clock work. You can set your watch to it.

At noon I have my Soup and that holds me until I get home around 5. By that time, I'm really famished but thankfully I can't eat the way I used to. I have a few bites and I'm full!! Gotta love the Band :clap2:

I still haven't been hungry the way I used to be but there are times when my stomach sort of rumbles and growls and I feel a little weak and lightheaded, if I let it go too long. It also happens to me about mid-morning and again in the evening. The good thing is that, so far, whenever I've felt hungry, it really was time to eat again! :D

I have trouble trying to get all my Water in so i usually just have 2 glasses of water for breakfast (also, I'm never hungry then). My first meal is around noonish and I'm usually a little hungry by then. But come late at night I get quite hungry.

I will have dinner around 5:30-6:00 but once my daughter is in bed at around 8:00 that is the time I have to controll myself. I want to just munch and munch. I find myself walking into the kitchen for no reason. I know before I would have grabed some Cookies or ice cream but not I just turn around and find something to keep my mind occupied!

My main binge times were naptime and nighttime when my son is asleep. I hear you! That is definitely munchies time for me. I've figured out why I'm on this d#mn computer so much - it's a nervous habit because I can't do the munchies thing anymore. I can't even sit still to read a book anymore because I used to eat chips or whatever while I was reading. I'm having to learn to just sit, enjoy my book, and that's IT. It's nice to have at least figured out WHY I'm acting so jumpy though.

I get up at 4:45 am and I usually leave for work around 5:45 and once there I eat some yogurt mixed with cottage cheese and then 40 minutes later I begin drinking Water.

Around 9:30am I have a Protein shake and then again drink more Water or I may have some V-8 juice.

I have lunch at 11:30am and then around 2:30 or 3 I have my Protein Shake and then at 5 or 5:30 I eat supper.

I drink in between as much as I can.

I have had no hunger since my surgery. I have an occasional rumble of my stomach not my pouch. But it is normally time to eat when that happens.

It seems so easy now, compared to when I wanted to stuff myself with chips late at night while watching tv or something like that.

I am a General Manager at Wendy's, so temptation should be my middle name. Thank God for baked potato's and Chili! Mush it all together and you get tasty protien! It's very hard to work there after being banded. I just went back to work Monday, had 2.5 weeks off, I work REALLY hard on my feet all day, it was much easier to eat right at home. Not to mention the exercising I'm NOT doing at home. It's so hard to be on my feet all day, 9-10 hours, and then come home and work out. I really need to change this, but how? I suppose only I know the answer to this question....