Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

let's get to know each other

Hi Everyone!

I am a 35 years old. I've been married for 3 years and together with my DH for 12 years total. I was a marketing exec for a bunch of large Fortune 500 companies up until the end of October (60 hour work weeks, traveling, drinking too much, eating way too much, etc.). I am taking 6 months to take care of myself. The most important is my new band!

I have struggled with weight gain since about age 23. It just creeped up every year until I am where I am today - 98 lbs of fat, sleep apnea, difficulty breathing, cholesteral creeping up, blood pressure creeping up, etc., etc.

I finally gave in to my need for this change when I call home and my mom has had 2 mini strokes, a heart attack, diabetes all before the age of 60. I don't want to die young and/or be disabled by health problems before I can even collect my SS checks:-)

I stuggle because my DH is handicapped and this has really prevented me from being the active person I used to be. As part of my 6 months of time off, I need to get adjusted to eating healthy with the help of my band and finding a way to exercise properly.

The Merry Losers Rock!!!

Hello all,

I am 38 years old. I have been married for 15 years. I have a 14 year old daughter and a 12 year old son.My husband is wonderful and supportive no matter what I seem to do.

We have a small excavating company. It is just him, my kids and I that run it. I am also a school bus driver for 9 years.I love it.I love my life. I will love it even more when I lose the weight.

Get ready all. We are on our way.!!!:clap2::clap2::whoo:

Hi! Im a 30 year old, stay-at-home Mom with 3 kids. 7,2, and 3 months. My husband is very supportive. I havent always been so overweight, but since having kids, ive really packed on the lbs.

We're very anxious and excited to see what this new year will bring.

Have you been banded. my date is the 19th. I went in and paid today. Was weird, I started to sweat and my stomach got all nervous. I got very anxious.

Deb, I have my surgery on the 12th. 2 days away. Im pretty anxious, we, too, paid cash. maybe thats why you felt sick to your stomache. :(

Hi everyone, great thread! My name is Audra, I'm a 40 yr old stay-at-home mom with 3 kids, 2 boys ages 7 & 4, 1 girl age 3. I've been married for almost 11 years to a super guy. Almost widowed ;-)(kidding!)when I told him how much this was going to cost. (self pay) He is 75% supportive, 25% shaking his head but wants me to be happy. I've been fat, thin then fat again so its time to end the cycle. I am also a nursing student. Like so many of you my hips hurt and so do my feet. I've spent months with terrible low back/hip pain, especially this summer, all related to the big belly I'm carrying. Most of my weight is in my lower stomach and arms. My boys wanted to buy me a wheelchair. Thank God for a great chiropractor but I'm tired of paying for his new house.

I've had a bumpy journey to today. I've had pertussis(whooping cough) since November, had my surgery delayed, rescheduled etc. I went thru the emotional roller coaster of getting ready for surgery, thinking surgery was cancelled, then having it be a GO, so here I am 6 days pre-op and I am scared SH**LESS. I'm mourning giving up my best frenemy, food. At pre-op yesterday it all really hit home and I started to cry. I think it freaked the nurse out. Like how did this looney woman pass her psych eval??? Still weepy today, want to back out but know its nuts to do so.

Dear 100 . . . Don't give up . . . you are soooooooooooo close! you wouldn't believe how much better I feel just 8 days out . . . there is a new energy . . . and while I haven't dropped sizes (I think my clothes must have been really tight) . . . I've dropps LBS!!!! My knees don't hurt as much . . . my hip is better . . .most the time . . . and I'm going to Disneyland on Monday for the entire day . . . and don't think I'll have to sit down ever 10 minutes because I ache! YOU CAN DO THIS! We're all here for you!

Chris

Awww...100-I feel the exact same way YOU feel. Today, im super emotionaly, mourning the loss of something thats consumed me for years-Food.

I am like you, where most of my weight is in my belly. And my hips hurt, too.

Just think of all the time we'll have for other things, when we are healthier, thinner, and not consumed with food. Our lives are going to change so much for the better.

My surgery is tomorrow, and although im scared, Im so happy. You can do this!! Your kids will see a much happier momma. dont give up..you deserve this.

well i have good news and bad news my paper work went to the insurance co on friday and the surgeon called yesterday and i was approved. the bad news is surgery is not till january so i can't be a merry loser

Brez, Congratulations! You'll need the time to prepare.

Great in 2008!

Missy, be sure to let us know as soon as you can how it went.