Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else striving to loss 100 lbs by your Bandiversary?

6 more pounds :eek:

OMG just look at that ticker. You are almost to onederland. CONGRATS!! You are doing fabulous!:cool2:

Hello All,

I've been out of the loop for what seems like a couple of weeks. I have been traveling for work and working on papers. Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary. Don't know what I weigh but I know I'm at least 54lbs down. Wish it were 60 for my original goal of 10 a month but I am happy. I don't think I'm going to make 100 by my anniversary but I am still striving for that. My weight loss has slowed tremendously as I have lost some momentum. I'm still working out regularly and I haven't stalled its just soooo slooow, but I'm not complaining. I'm still moving in the right direction. I have my 6 month follow-up tomorrow. I will change my ticker then for weight loss, exercise challenge and inches.

Glad to see all the progress that people have made! Congrats all!

Val

Becky, it sounds like you are reallyon the fast track. I will be looking forward to hearing about your consult.

Candle, all I can say is WOW! And congrats!!! You have an amazing metabolism, girlfriend!!! Can I borrow it for a few months :thumbup:?

Val, good to hear from you -- you're doing great! My weight loss has slowed considerably too, but no matter where we are, we are all headed in the right direction and we will reach the finish line sooner or later.

misc14.gif

Crazy Ates March Exercise Challenge

1/30 Exercise Sessions

(1 Cardio, 0 Core Strength & flexibility, 0 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Hi everyone, it has been a while since I have posted, so I need to get back in the loop. My weight loss has always been slow, but at least it is going down instead of up. I would love to hit 100 lbs. by my annieversary, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Everyone seems to be doing so well. I am so happy for all of you. Keep up the good work.

weight.png

I've been away a while, too. But still losing....way slower than you August Folks who've lost 90+.....WOW! I can't help but be jealous!

Anyhow, I'm gonna perservere....still too early to tell. But I am back at the gym and watching what I load on the fork every day!

Hey Nana and Fastpitch great to hear from you guys!

Hey Frangi and the the other crazy ates!,

My 6 month appointment is not until Monday. I weighed myself at the gym today, fully dressed and holding 2 towels and still was lighter than my last ticker update! :drool: I'm still not changing it until I se the Dr. but I may not be as far behind my 6 month mini goal as I thought. Keep up the good work all!

By the way, when I was feeling a little down recently, someone suggested I get a pet. Well with all the other living things in my house, I didn't think I needed one. Well, my husband just rescued a big puppy who I have been walking at least once a day as well as my regular workout! I must admit, the love and appreciation from that big puppy is amazing!

Val

Go candle! looks like you can nail 2 milestones in the very near future!! I'd better get moving so I can catch up!

Salsa, you hit the 80 lb mark - right on!

Val, let us know how your appointment goes - congrats on the new puppy! They can be incredibly healing, can't they?! Not only are they full of unconditional love, but all that cute cuddly neediness pulls you out of your head and back in with the living when you're down (at least it does for me). I'm already feeling pangs of guilt that I'll be leaving dearest Bungee-dog with my sister for 5 whole days (the longest we've ever been apart). He's in good hands, but he's a little lost soul when Mom's gone.

Fastpitch and Nana, your losses are FAR from small!! I'm at about the same spot as you (74 as of today), and you just need to check around a few other boards to see the people who are in that range after an entire year (or even less loss). You're doing great!

I'll be busy packing tonight, then work tomorrow before I catch the train to the airport - looking foward to a few days of sunny weather!

Ok, I'm a little slow on this forum. I just found this thread. As you can see by my ticker, I'm 1 lb away from the century mark. I hope to get there by this weekend.

I sometimes have trouble convincing myself I've lost this much in just 6 mos. I keep trying to mentally tell that I misread the scale. But, then I remember all the clothes I can no longer wear because they are too big.

Funny thing is though, I still have to wear 3X shirts for now because my shoulders and chest are still too big from lifting, but the torso area BELLOWS out. What a great feeling.

Hi everybody. I, too, just found this thread. I don't think it's fair for me to go by my bandiversary because I lost so much while I was on Kaiser's program/waiting list. Also, I wouldn't have 100 lbs to loose if I went by when I was banded and I totally plan on claiming the 100 when I loose it. So, I have the goal to reach 100 lbs by the anniversary date of when I started the process which was June 6th. With only 9 pounds to go I really hope I can make it. Will you guys let me go with that?

Absolutely! After all, the rules are really what YOU make for yourself - we're all just on the same path!

I got to thinking about it the other day - at this point, I'd need to lose 26 lbs in about 24 weeks. Dang it- I'd BETTER lose that much! :-)

Roughly 10 more pounds to go for a coooooool 100!!

Thats from Pre-op. I am actually down 110 from my heaviest......

Hit the century mark at 9:10 am this morning. My highest weight EVER was 379 last summer about 1 mo pre op. Stepped on the scale this morning and,

I was so happy. I originally set my goal to be somewhere btwn 250 and 270. Then, after about 2 mos post op, I switched to 240 flat. I may be able to hit that by my bandiversary. 6 mos, it should be doable even if I start to slow down on the weight loss. With softball season coming up, I may not feel the need to hit the gym for cardio every morning. We'll see.

Definitely achievable! I have not updated my ticker, but tomorrow (3/6/08) I will Celebrate 1 year since beginning Dr. Adams liquid diet. I have lost 120 pounds. I will celebrate 1 year bandiversary on 3/29/08. What a ride this has beeen! I am still seeing lots of progress. I just had my 4th fill in February and the weight has began to fall off again. This month I have lost another 10 pounds! Hang in there gang. It is definitely worth it!

Alaverde, Congratulations on losing 120 pounds, and Ceradad Congrats on hitting the 100 pound mark!

:thumbdown::party::rolleyes::party::bored::party::mad2:

Alaverde, thank you SO MUCH for your uplifting post. I am particularly encouraged because you and I started out at the very same BMI -- right down to the decimal point.

misc14.gif

Crazy Ates March Exercise Challenge

4/30 Exercise Sessions

(3 Cardio, 0 Core Strength & flexibility, 1 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico