Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else striving to loss 100 lbs by your Bandiversary?

I oscillate between thinking it's possible and thinking it's IMPOSSIBLE. I really, REALLY want to do it. Day to day it feels like my progress is too slow -- but when I stand back and look at the big picture -- about 25 lbs lost in three months -- that seems like 100 lbs in 12 months is within my reach.

What do you think?

I mean if it takes two years to take that last 50-60 off -- fine. But I want that big chunk gone NOW! Its been almost 18 years since I was exiled from ONEDERLAND -- I want back in BAD!!

:bounce:

Okay -- obviously I meant to say LOSE in the thread title!

Color me embarrassed!

Nana, my plan is to have lost my 100 pounds that I needed to by my bandiversary. Actually if my weightloss progress stays the same according to my graphs and charts that I create and analyze with my weight data (Remember I am a chemist and NERDY!) it says I will be there by March. I am not sure if I believe that though. I am waiting for the day when the weight stops coming off. Hopefully it won't but I am at least preparing for it. But yes, my ultimate goal is to be at my target weight (which is 100 pounds down) by my bandiversary.

Hi Nana,

I think 100 Lbs in the first year is a bit of a push, but totally doable. In fact, I fully expect to lose that much by next August, if not even (hopefully) more.

Look at WasaBubbleButt (Hi Wasa wink.gif!). She worked hard and lost 103 pounds in 10 months. We can do the same -- absolutely!

Banane43.gifCrazy Ates November Exercise Challengeboxing.gif

14/16 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

9.75 cm/4cc Inamed Band

2 fills (both under fluoro): 9/07 & 11/07

I would be at my first goal of 158 if I lost 100 lbs in the next 8 months. I actually kind of think I can do it even if my weight loss slows down considerably - that would mean 56 more lbs in a little over 8 months and that means I only need to lose 7lbs a month and I have been averaging around 10 so even if have a big slow down I am hoping to be close to my first goal by then. As I am writing this I see myself next August sadly reviewing the post!

186 is 100 lbs for me and I've got 50 lbs gone since 8/22/07, so it would be 50 lbs in 9 months. Unless I hit some wicked stalls along the way, I can't see why I can't be there or farther along!

I set my initial goal for 180, but I'm hoping to be closer to 160 when I'm done. We'll see!

I am aiming to lose 150 pounds by the time my band celebrates its first birthday,so far i am 8 weeks post op and down 56 pounds so i think it is doable

It's doable! I plan on making that. If I lose an average of 6 -7 lbs a month from December through August, I will be there. It seems like a stretch because it hasn't happened before but we haven't had the band before and we didn't go to the gym before and we didn't make the choices we are making now- before! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! we can all do it together!

Val

11 of 12 workouts for November

weight.png

H319/S314/C277/G200

1st mini goal 289 lbs by 9/30/07 (made it 9/25:clap2:)

2nd mini goal 275 lbs by 11/22/07 (didn’t make it :faint:but soon:rolleyes:!)

3rd mini goal 270 lbs my 47th b-day present

4th mini goal 250 lbs by 3/1/08

5th goal 219 lbs by 8/30/08

Peek-A-Boo..

Sorry to butt into you guys' monthly thread, but I wanted to say, I think it is very possible, for as much weight as you have to lose.

I find myself to be a slow loser. I have had a month of 0lb loss, a month of +1lb. But, in 7 months my 'average' is 8lbs despite everything. 8x12=96lb.

So for a slow loser, 96lbs is a reasonable goal for me in 1 year with 150lbs total to lose. You're about where I started, so that's my 2 cents on the issue.

Now if you needed to lose 60lbs, and 100lbs would just be a 'stretch' goal, I think you'd have to be a diligent worker to get the 100lbs off.

That being said, anyone who works hard enough can get it off.

I don't work as hard as I can, hence the slow losing.

Good luck :)

Hi Lauraj23,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback and the encouragement -- and please feel free to join us anytime! :D

Banane43.gifCrazy Ates November Exercise Challengeboxing.gif

17/16 Days of Exercise

weight.png

9.75 cm/4cc Inamed Band

2 fills (both under fluoro): 9/07 & 11/07

Candle, at the rate you're going, I am sure that you will easily make your goal by April.

A few months ago, I thought 100 pounds by "Bandiversary" was a stretch, but things are going much better than I expected. Therefore, I am shooting for goal by my Bandiversary.

This will definitely be a stretch, there is no doubt about it, but I am going to try my best to do it.

My goal weight is really about 10 pounds higher than my true ideal (and 25 pounds heavier than my college days when my BMI was 19), but I want to keep my goal realistic.

And trust me, if I manage to get down into the 23 BMI range, I will be absolutely thrilled!!!

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

6/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Thanks! You should be able to make it with no problem. I have faith in you!

Once I hit the -100lb mark (which will put me within 20lbs of my GOAL) I am going to have to re-evaluate my goal. My body is NOT shaped like it was in my early 20's, when I was last in this weight range. I know I'm going to need some PS so that will help a lot but I look at myself naked and think "there's no way another 40lbs is going to do it."

I was busting out of a 26/28 in pants and now I comfortably fit into an 18 but it doesn't feel like my stomach and mid-section have gotten any smaller. I could probably wear a 16 if it wasn't for my gut! The legs and ass of my jeans are baggy.

Anyone else obsessing about PS already? Now I understand what people mean when they say they don't feel complete in their weight loss journey until they get PS. At the start of this, I said I'd just be happy to get under 200 and now I want thin thighs and perky boobs and a flat stomach.

Never happy - lol