Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

8 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

*I've always wanted to use this word!

It's a legit great word! Thanks for the support!! I know that meals and days like this are gonna happen for sure. It's part of why I don't plan for these days. I plan for 100% compliance. Cuz I figure the reality is if I can keep it to about a 90/10 ratio, then I have some chance of keeping the weight off. You know? Do you ever feel that way?

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

It's a legit great word! Thanks for the support!! I know that meals and days like this are gonna happen for sure. It's part of why I don't plan for these days. I plan for 100% compliance. Cuz I figure the reality is if I can keep it to about a 90/10 ratio, then I have some chance of keeping the weight off. You know? Do you ever feel that way?

I think my attitude about food has changed alot/evolved/developed over the past few months. I went from aiming for 100% compliance during weight loss phase (and feeling guilt and/or making up for "slips") to reluctant letting go (meaning I would loosen the reigns and raise the high Water line, but I made conscious efforts not to surpass that high water line by very much).

Now, I think I have got to the point that if I go over that high water line by ALOT, I'm ok. I am not scared of eating anything anymore, though I still eat low-ish carb by choice most of the time. I mean having a super high calorie day may shock me just because of the sheer numbers at the end of given day, but it wont put me in a tailspin, nor adjust my eating. I only adjust my eating when I feel like my weight is creeping up (like when I gain after vacay).

One of the reasons why I think I am alot more laissez faire about food intake these days is because I know that I have the ability to lose any gains - relatively easily - I don't want to keep. At least that is my experience right now (this may change in the future, and I'll have to re-evaluate when/if it does).

I know that there are some folks like me, and others who are not. So I get how those who are not have to approach food and food intakes differently than me.

We all just do what works for us individually, I guess.

Yesterday, Thu, Nov. 21
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.9 lbs

10:00am - earl grey tea w/ stevia + coffee w/ stevia

1:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 1.4 oz apple + 1/2 avocado + 1 oz Parmesan cheese + 6 oz grilled chicken + 1 tbsp basil pesto

3:00 pm - 1/2 of a chocolate Protein Microwave Mug Cake + 4 tbsp whipped cream

7:30pm - Lettuce Burger Wrap: (Lettuce + 4oz beef & pork hamburger patty + 3 tbsp chunky blue cheese sauce) + 1 oz almonds + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds

9:00pm - Avocado smoothie: (1/2 avocado + 1 cup almond milk + stevia)

Totals: 1872 cals - 110g Protein - 37g NET carbs - 132g fat

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

3:00 pm - 1/2 of a chocolate Protein Microwave Mug Cake + 4 tbsp whipped cream

Ha! These are good, yes?! :D Try the Protein fluff, too. :D They've been around the LC world from when I was even just starting in 2000, but they are just old tried and trues. You can make both of them so many ways. For me, they are good maintenance foods, but I never lost great with 'em. But boy they sure take care of any sweet cravings.

(double post)

Edited by ms.sss

26 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Ha! These are good, yes?!

Yes, they are...I made one based on your recommendation, lol. I posted a pic of it on the food Before and After thread :)

26 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Try the Protein fluff, too. :D

Yup, this one is on the agenda for today! Am also going to attempt some low-carb* ginger Cookies this afternoon *crosses fingers*

*although I plan on making a high-carb batch as well (with chopped up candied ginger in the mix). Mr. is against artificial sweeteners and the Kid is against NOT having candied ginger, LOL

Friday, Nov. 22
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.5 lbs

Definitely an INDULGE day yesterday. and subsequently a DUMP day.

My brother gave me a chocolate covered marzipan bar because he knows i lOVE them. we both figured I would make it last for several days, but nope, I ended up eating the entire thing throughout the day. YIKES.

Then we went to a friend's restaurant opening. I already had dinner, so I passed on the meal, but there were Snacks and Desserts laid out, so...yeah. For the first time ever, I had to RUN to a toilet in PUBLIC due to imminent diarrhea...and it didn't help that I was pretty drunk. Obviously it was all the sugar I was ingesting, but I'm pretty sure it was the chocolate martini that was the nail in the coffin. Once I got all that (literal) crap out of me, and drank like a litre of Water, I was all good again.

*as an aside, wanted to note that I rarely get hung over post-wls..so that's a win.

10:00am - earl grey tea w/ stevia + coffee w/ stevia

12:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + Egg "Taco" (Fried Egg w/ cheese stuffed with: 2 oz sirloin steak + 1oz shredded pork + fried onions + sour cream w/ green onion)

3:00 pm - 1.5 oz almonds + 1 oz pumpkin seeds + 1 oz cheddar + 1/4 chocolate covered marzipan bar

7:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 1.5 oz cucumber + 1 oz pumpkin seeds + 2.3 oz sirloin steak + 1 oz shredded pork + 1/4 chocolate covered marzipan bar

9:00pm to 2:00am - 3 oz mixed nuts + 1/2 cream puff + 3 chocolate covered strawberries + 1/2 chocolate covered marzipan bar (from my purse) + 2 glasses red wine + 3 shots tequila + 1 cup sake + 1 chocolate banana martini

Totals: 2306 cals - 91g Protein - 177g NET carbs - 132g fat

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

*as an aside, wanted to note that I rarely get hung over post-wls..so that's a win.

Literally green with envy over here .... as I try to figure out how many ounces are in a pitcher of margaritas to log into MFP 🤢🤮

Saturday, Nov. 23

K, logging in another semi-indulge "meal" for yesterday. Went to go see Frozen 2 with BFF and our Kids, so naturally we stopped by Bulk Barn to put together some custom snack packs to munch on in the theatre. No diarrhea this time, but I did get really tired and weak...but that may also be because the movie was BORING AS eFF.

10:00am - earl grey tea w/ stevia + coffee w/ stevia + chicken broth

12:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + cucumber + carrots + crispy onions + 4.5 oz grilled chicken

3:00 pm - 3oz brie + 1 oz white cheddar + 1 oz almonds + 2 oz turkey breast deli meat slices + 1 Love Good Fats Keto Coconut Macadamia Nut bar

7:00pm - 3 peices Takoyai w/ sweet sauce & bonito shavings (aka Japanese Octopus balls) + some parts of the Kid's ramen (1 tbsp corn + 1 slice pork belly + 1/2 an egg + 1 tbsp black fungus + 1/2 cup pork bone broth)

9:30pm to 11:30am - Movie Snacks: 2 oz candied ginger + 7 dark chocolate covered almonds + 4 dark chocolate covered coffee Beans + 3 oz cashew nuts + 3 fl oz pumpkin seeds

Totals: 2270 cals - 101g Protein - 123g NET carbs - 144g fat

Edited by ms.sss

On 11/21/2019 at 3:19 PM, FluffyChix said:

OK, this was super duper hard to write this out and it's even more difficult to post it. Yesterday was supposed to be an IF DD for both Mr. F. and me. And at least he fasted until our "Linner" at 4pm yesterday. (Late Lunch/Early Dinner). There is absolutely NO reason for this day to have happened. I wasn't sad, lonely, etc...I have been draggin trail lately, getting up super early to work and working late and working hard. But that's not really a viable excuse.

I dodged (maybe) a bullet with this one. But I'm probably just dehydrated and the pounds will show up tomorrow. I literally ate all day yesterday. Maybe in 2-3hour intervals! I was having a starvin' marvin' day and my will power was AWOL>clearly. LOL. I'm not beating myself up. Just tellin' it like it is. And trying to have a good plan for moving through today. So far today I'm doing good with the usual Protein latte brekky, + 1/4c of the tuna salad mid morning and then the low carb fried rice and Soup for lunch.

When I have days like this, there is no doubt in my mind how I contributed to my part in making the Obesity Ball.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Maintenance/F/57/5'4"/20mo PO RNY/131.4lbs

B1- Protein lattes (4oz PP)

B2-chaffle with romaine and tuna salad

L-tuna salad lettuce cups

AS1-tuna salad lettuce cups + 2oz leftover grilled shrimp + 1oz leftover grilled salmon + 1hb egg (this is where I sensed it all falling apart) STARVING

AS2-4 deep fried breaded mushrooms + 1 deep fried breaded onion ring + ranch sauce + 1 glass cab

D-1/3 caesar no croutons + steamed broccoli + about 2oz grilled shrimp + about 1.5oz grilled ribeye + horseradish sauce + 1 glass cab

BS1-1oz almonds + 1 square Lindt 90 + 1 glass whiskey

BS2-AN ENTIRE low carb pizza (carb sense tortilla, 1/8c lc marinara, 1 1/2oz part skim mozz, 16g jd turkey crumbles, 1 slice bacon, 6 bh pepperoni, 6 bh uncured salami, 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese)+ 2 glasses cab

*From AS1 to BS2 it was 3-midnight (9 hours). Oh the humanity.

Daily Totals: 2305calories; 95g protein; 66g fat; 126g carbs; 19g fiber; 107g net carbs (what a **** show!)

112019FluffyFoodLog.thumb.JPG.e977791d146ae2c2f18232f55ffb6b39.JPG 112019FluffyFoodLogPG2.thumb.JPG.242a85e9ee32df0a2ae5f01745f4a1ee.JPG

Were you hungry or just eatsy?

6 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Were you hungry or just eatsy?

Straight up legit hungry. Like starving for Protein.

Today Sunday, Nov. 24

I think I'm coming down with something again. I was feeling run down all morning and after eating I went to go lie down on the couch and close my eyes for a bit. Woke up 6 hours later. Still feel pretty tired, and am likely going to bed really soon.

8:00am - earl grey tea w/ stevia

11:30am - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + cucumber + Parmesan + 3 oz grilled chicken

7:30 pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + cucumber + goat cheese + 3 oz grilled chicken + 2 oz turkey breast + 1 buffalo chicken wing + 1/3 cup raspberry-lime sorbet

Totals: 791 cals - 75g Protein - 43g NET carbs - 32g fat

Today, Monday, Nov. 25
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.7 lbs

Yeah, I'm sick. Posting this now and I'm going to bed.

8:00am - earl grey tea w/ stevia

1:30pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + cucumber + 1/2 oz almonds + 1/2 oz cashews + 1 oz grilled pork + 2 oz grilled sirloin + chili oil + 1 oz goat cheese

3:30pm - 1/4 cup coffee ice cream + 8 dark chocolate covered coffee Beans

7:30 pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + carrots+ 3 chicken wings + Japanese Beef Udon sans Udon (1 cup dashi broth + 1/2 oz stir-fried sirloin w/ green onion + 1/8 cup mushrooms)

Totals: 987 cals - 63g Protein - 42g NET carbs - 59g fat