Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Hey, playin around with my new toy (portion mate rings from BP store) = seriously heart these things. :)

image.png.23baf2cca432ac78dff851cb23dc2195.png

Well these are pretty cool concept. Better than actual measuring cups/bowls cuz they would be easier to wash/clean!

Just now, ms.sss said:

Well these are pretty cool concept. Better than actual measuring cups/bowls cuz they would be easier to wash/clean!

Exactly!!! I got tired of my measuring cups being in the dishwasher when I really needed em, and was sick of hand washing. So these are quick to rinse and wipe down with a soapy rag and done baby!! :) Plus, once I save a meal with it, I don't have to use em again, cuz I know what weight of each thing fit. So no more measuring by volume for a basic chopped salad with those ingredients. Just plop a plate or bowl on the scale and weigh it and tare like a mofo.

Had a good day yesterday. I ended up eating at my "normal" day level for M-Thursday. LOL. I do this cuz it's my way of doing maintenance. I know each weekend I will likely put on 1-3lbs. Not that I eat poorly, but I eat more high calorie food and probably have more carbs. So then I do the Dr. Fung shuffle at the top of the week to get it back off. It works so far and when it stops working, then it's time to shift to a new plan.

Today with be an ADF DD for me.

Tuesday November 20, 57 F 20mo PO RNY, Maintenance 131.8lbs

B-Protein Lattes (4oz PP)

L-1 1/2cups chopped salad + 1/2c tuna salad + 1c bouillon

AS-1 cup bouillon + cucumber and baby carrots

D-grilled shrimp + chickie boob + steamed broccoli + 1/2 caesar no croutons + 1 caprese stack + pelligrino

BS-almonds + 1 square Lindt 90% chocolate

Daily Totals: 789 cals; 63g protein; 41g fat; 37g carbs; 9g fiber; 28g net carbs

image.thumb.png.585066c172442789f5fcb6b43790f78c.png

Yesterday, Tues, Nov. 19
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 115.9 lbs

...ok, so I haven't slept yet. Minor crisis last night and the girlfriends rallied to support one of our own at my place. We stayed up all night with her and of course I had a food spread laid out (because it is ingrained in me to provide endless food and drink to everyone who walks through my door...why is that?!?). And I picked at said food all night. And I feel so unbelievably icky right now, like I need a cleanse or something. Or maybe I just need to sleep. Warning: yesterday's food log is not for faint of heart. I was considering not posting it out of concern of setting a bad example, but I decided I'm going to stick to full transparency. Look away if you have a tendency to judge or are prone to suggestive snacking...

8:00am - earl grey tea w/ stevia + coffee w/ stevia

11:30am - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 2.5 oz apple + 1/4 jalapeño pepper + 1 tbsp fried onion topping + 4 oz grilled chicken

4:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 2 oz apple + 1 oz almonds + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds

7:30 pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 1.5 oz apple + 1/4 jalapeño pepper + 1 oz almonds + 2 oz ginger beef + 2 oz green Beans w/ butter

11:00pm to 7am this morning -

• 2 chocolate Coconut Keto Fat Bombs
  • 1 Love Good Fats Keto Chocolately Almond Bar
  • 1 Love Good Fats Keto Coconut Macadamia Bar
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  • 1 oz almonds
  • 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds
  • 4 oz candied ginger
  • 6 Toffifee candies
  • 2 x 1/4 cup Haagen-Dazs coffee Ice Cream
  • 4 oz Brie cheese
  • 1 oz Parmesan cheese
  • 3.5 oz smoked turkey breast

Totals: 2880 cals - 143g Protein - 179g NET carbs - 165g fat

Edited by ms.sss

Awwwww I'm so sorry you had a sucky no sleep night, but so glad you have your group of friends and that you are all there for each other! LOL on being the hostess with the mostest!

I think you should post your 11-7 shenanigans and say to hell with it. This is your thread hon! Do what you feel comfortable with. No judgements here!

13 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Awwwww I'm so sorry you had a sucky no sleep night, but so glad you have your group of friends and that you are all there for each other! LOL on being the hostess with the mostest!

I think you should post your 11-7 shenanigans and say to hell with it. This is your thread hon! Do what you feel comfortable with. No judgements here!

I was in the middle of posting it when I clicked away by accident and lost it all, LOL. I just updated my post with the 11-7 food-a-palooza...yikes.

On 11/19/2019 at 7:47 AM, ms.sss said:

It was takeout...I've tried making jerk pork before (both the charred kind and the saucy kind) and just haven't had much success with it...nowhere close to the authentic stuff.

Sous vide has become my pork secret weapon. Keeps it soo moist and juicy! (Chicken secret weapon too)

This jerk marinade tastes pretty authentic to me. (If you can get it in Canada!)

https://smile.amazon.com/Busha-Browne-Jerk-Seasoning-Rub/dp/B0079FMZ48/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Busha+Browne+Jerk+Seasoning+Rub&qid=1574269059&s=grocery&sr=1-5

You can sous vide a tenderloin in the marinade to the rare side of med rare, then gill over high heat to get the char. Do Canadians grill in the winter??

14 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Sous vide has become my pork secret weapon. Keeps it soo moist and juicy! (Chicken secret weapon too)

This jerk marinade tastes pretty authentic to me. (If you can get it in Canada!)

https://smile.amazon.com/Busha-Browne-Jerk-Seasoning-Rub/dp/B0079FMZ48/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Busha+Browne+Jerk+Seasoning+Rub&qid=1574269059&s=grocery&sr=1-5

You can sous vide a tenderloin in the marinade to the rare side of med rare, then gill over high heat to get the char. Do Canadians grill in the winter??

Hmmm...I am still a sous vide-er in training...I've attempted reverse sear steaks (sous vide then grill) and I would either end up over cooking the inside, or end up with a soggy steak with a very sad crust. I've had more success with fish. I just need more practice with meats and then I can be a jerk pork master...

And yes, Canadians grill all year long, LOL. Mr. is grilling me a steak as we speak (though its sunny and 5 degrees outside so it's like spring or something out there). I'll post it on the food Before and After thread later...

*5 degrees CELSIUS, lol.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Hmmm...I am still a sous vide-er in training...I've attempted reverse sear steaks (sous vide then grill) and I would either end up over cooking the inside, or end up with a soggy steak with a very sad crust. I've had more success with fish. I just need more practice with meats and then I can be a jerk pork master...

Funny, a perfectly rare steak w a beautiful crust was a big reason I bought my sous vide .... but I have yet to attempt one :blush:

I have a chaffle iron...just sayin... ;) hehe

I'm sous vide-less but am sooooo tempted by them cuz of you girls! And have a certain degree of fomo about it too.

But I did just save 15% on car insurance at Geico. :D

See if you can find a good deal on one for Black Friday. 😃

I’m actually going to sous vide two boneless turkey breasts for Thanksgiving this year vs roasting a whole bird due to hosting a much smaller group than normal. The plan is to sous vide with an herb butter then broil to get it golden brown. I’m excited about having a hopefully juicy breast vs one that’s overly dry

2 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

See if you can find a good deal on one for Black Friday. 😃

I’m actually going to sous vide two boneless turkey breasts for Thanksgiving this year vs roasting a whole bird due to hosting a much smaller group than normal. The plan is to sous vide with an herb butter then broil to get it golden brown. I’m excited about having a hopefully juicy breast vs one that’s overly dry

Oh wow! I can't wait to see how that turns out!

It's just me and Mr. F. this year, so we're doing turkey tenderloin cutlets in garlic thyme and rosemary butter with roasted smashed cauli and roasted brussels sprouts and cranberry chutney. I'm not even trying to roast one this year.

Do you think a sous vide over an instant pot? :D

Yesterday, Wed, Nov. 20
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 115.6 lbs

... so I bought a bag of candied ginger a couple days ago because the Kid made a request for me to make a batch of ginger Cookies. Well, turns out me and Mr. love candied ginger and have been snaking out of this bag enough that now I have to go buy some more. I'm going to have to bake these cookies as soon as I replenish our stash because we can't stop eating them!!

...went to bed early last night which was a good thing as 1) I was super tired and 2) I avoided the late night snacking hour.

8:00am - earl grey tea w/ stevia + coffee w/ stevia

2:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 1 oz apple + 1/4 jalapeño pepper + 3 oz grilled steak

4:00 pm - 1 Love Good Keto Chocolatey Almond Bar + 1 oz candied ginger

7:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 1 oz almonds + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 5 oz grilled chicken

Totals: 981 cals - 85g Protein - 50g NET carbs - 42g fat

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Do you think a sous vide over an instant pot?

Both!

Though we use the Instant Pot more often than the sous vide....

My son loves using his sous vide, I love to cook but I’ve never had interest in getting one. I bought an instant pot last year and I forget to use it. I was considering an air fryer however I know I would forget to use that too.

We are hosting 16 for Thanksgiving this year! I should look up instant pot ideas for a group.