Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

Today, Monday, Nov. 25
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.7 lbs
Yeah, I'm sick. Posting this now and I'm going to bed.
8:00am - earl grey tea w/ stevia
1:30pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + cucumber + 1/2 oz almonds + 1/2 oz cashews + 1 oz grilled pork + 2 oz grilled sirloin + chili oil + 1 oz goat cheese
3:30pm - 1/4 cup coffee ice cream + 8 dark chocolate covered coffee Beans
7:30 pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + carrots+ 3 chicken wings + Japanese Beef Udon sans Udon (1 cup dashi broth + 1/2 oz stir-fried sirloin w/ green onion + 1/8 cup mushrooms)
Totals: 987 cals - 63g Protein - 42g NET carbs - 59g fat

Feel better!![emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Yeah, I'm sick. Posting this now and I'm going to bed.

Awww! I'm so sorry to hear that and at Fatsgiving time too! Feel better soon. Bone Broth and Elderberry Extract. I keep it on hand for this. As soon as you feel like you might be, you start taking 4x per day. It kicks it's ath!!!!! ((hugs))

26 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Awww! I'm so sorry to hear that and at Fatsgiving time too! Feel better soon. Bone Broth and Elderberry Extract. I keep it on hand for this. As soon as you feel like you might be, you start taking 4x per day. It kicks it's ath!!!!! ((hugs))

Us werido Canadians had our Thanksgiving last month. This weekend just means cross-border-shopping to us, LOL.

Also, as the cook/recipe aficionado that you are, do you have a good bone both recipe up your sleeve? A google search results in so many to choose from, and I figure an endorsement from you would be my best bet. Please, pretty please?

24 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Us werido Canadians had our Thanksgiving last month. This weekend just means cross-border-shopping to us, LOL.

Also, as the cook/recipe aficionado that you are, do you have a good bone both recipe up your sleeve? A google search results in so many to choose from, and I figure an endorsement from you would be my best bet. Please, pretty please?

Ok, so this is the basis for a Bone Broth, only using turkey.

http://fluffychixcook.blogspot.com/2012/11/turkey-stock-with-taylor-dry-sauterne.html

image.thumb.png.5aaf1262180df8a04aeba26bd8f1d326.png

For chicken (don't laugh) remember I'm a mid-hedonist so I take every short cut known to man.

For chicken bone broth I use the same assembly of veggies as in this stock. I usually leave the wine out unless I'm using the broth to make a complex gravy or liquid for a recipe like a Soup or stew. I also don't brown the veg or carcass for chicken bone broth cuz I'm using already roasted carcasses. I only do that for turkey and beef bone broths. Browning the bones for those broths adds to depth of flavor.

I add this chicken stuff to the crock pot:

1-2 chicken carcasses from Original Recipe Rotisserie Chicken-use the skin but save and package the meat. costco and Sam's have cheap roti birds for this purpose.

1 pckg of raw chicken wings with tips!!

3-4 chicken feet (buy a package of em and freeze em so you can pull out 2-4 at a time.

8qt or bigger crock pot.

Tump all the things together. If you have kombu and unfiltered ACV, in my mind, these are key. I also prefer using fresh bay leaves rather than dried, but use what you have. I use about a 4inch piece of kombu and about 1/4-1/3 cup of ACV cuz it helps leach the minerals out of the bones. The Italian parsley in the recipe is fresh and not even chopped.

Then fill the crock to the tippy top with Water and turn it on high until it boils. Skim it if you wanna or not. Then reduce to low and simmer for eternity. The longer the better. I do at least 24 hours, but more often I do about 36 hours. Sometimes I add more water to it to keep it cooking. It's a slow boat to China for sure but delicious and we get about 6-7 quarts of broth. Worth it to me.

You can also do a smaller batch in the instant pot or on the stove in Le Crueset kinda Dutch Oven. I actually do it in the oven and cook it all day and overnight, checking on liquid status. You want it to just barely bubble every now and then. This is the best method cuz the crockpot still cooks it much faster and can sometimes give a weird flavor to it...the oven method never does but it uses more ingredients for the broth yield. Does that make sense?

Also I only do innard if doing turkey stock cuz I have them (never use liver in it tho).

Edited by FluffyChix

Sorry forgot to show a pic of my dashi. It adds "natural msg" and ups the flavor of the broth.

IMG_5164.thumb.JPG.2afb5ef08b21d0de3f5018132e3157b9.JPG

21 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Thanks! I love Dr. W! I hadn't seen this one so thanks for sharing! Running with knives now to go see what else he's done lately!

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

the oven method never does but it uses more ingredients for the broth yield. Does that make sense? 

um...no? LOL

I'm going to try this with beef bones both on the stove and in the instant pot to compare :).

Thanks!!!

5 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

um...no? LOL

I'm going to try this with beef bones both on the stove and in the instant pot to compare :).

Thanks!!!

OH lemme know! You really need to brown them first! I tump all the veg and the bones in the oven and roast at 400-425* until browned. :) You can even add a spoon or two of Tomato paste. It's not traditional but it browns up and is so heavenly! Stir them and do it till you can't stand the smell. :) The object is to roast them/brown without burning/scorching. :)

@ms.sss Ahhh-mazing treats. Fun with Fluff is what I call these. ;) ha!

Ok, so I took the Protein fluff I made yesterday and put it in 10g "clouds" then froze them. Then topped each with 3g sf Hershey's chocolate Syrup and 1g of slivered almonds.

The texture is very similar to some weird frozen ice cream sandwich. They are very filling and here's the best news. For 2 of them--plenty for a snack...it's more calorie and protein magic!

Each mound is 10g of protein fluff + 3g SFHS + 1g almonds

Total for 2 Fluff Clouds: 34 calories; 3g of protein; 1g fat; 2g carbs; 1g fiber; 1g net carbs

image.png.0bde1430ec76bf502c333a8393d50ade.png

strawberry-protein-fluff_5161.thumb.JPG.cbb44045f2c4594f353698bfbfbea53b.JPG fluff-clouds_5162.thumb.JPG.410a8df9f8e9cfd1f66f54fbc6581d07.JPG fluff-clouds-sfher-syrup-almonds_5165.thumb.JPG.37b929cf323015b287f8223fd2efa7ac.JPG fluff-clouds-sfher-syrup-almonds_5163.thumb.JPG.aec929fcb117d19fdc55ab4c006f9931.JPG

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

@ms.sss Ahhh-mazing treats. Fun with Fluff is what I call these. ;) ha!

I have such a long list of Fluffy recipes to try out! I meant to do a version of this a couple days ago, but never got around to it. Not sure how i feel about the Jello powder (unsweetened or not) so am gonna someday soon do one with choco Protein Powder and PB2 (with the chocolate sauce and nuts too of course!).

So much food...so little time.

6 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Sorry forgot to show a pic of my dashi. It adds "natural msg" and ups the flavor of the broth.

I'm lazy. This is what I use, LOL. (Just add water)

IMG_5749.thumb.jpg.85bc38f3442cd759a63d7e823672cc2b.jpg

Today, Tuesday, Nov. 26
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.5 lbs

Sick, Tired, Going to Bed early. Rinse & Repeat.

9:15am - coffee w/ stevia

11:30am - coffee w/ stevia

3:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + carrots + 5 raspberries + 3 oz avocado + 5 oz grilled chicken + chili oil + 1/3 oz almonds

6:30 pm - 1 oz cashews + 1/2 oz almonds + 4.5 oz crispy skin roast pork + 1 tbsp Peri Peri sauce + chili oil

Totals: 1172 cals - 74g Protein - 26g NET carbs - 78g fat

Yesterday, Wed, Nov. 27
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 113.9 lbs

I haven't gone for a single run in 5 days now cuz of this stinkin' cold (as well as eating consistently less cals than normal). It may just be in my head, but I swear, I think I can actually feel my muscles disappearing...

9:30am - coffee w/ stevia + earl grey tea w/ stevia

12:30pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + enoki mushrooms + 3 oz grilled chicken + 3 oz roast pork + 1 Love Good Fats Keto Chocolatey Almond Bar.

3:00pm - 2oz almonds + 1 oz candied ginger

8:00pm - 10 mussels in white wine sauce + 2 tbsp seafood chowder + 4 buffalo chicken wings w/ 1 tbsp blue cheese sauce

Totals: 1438 cals - 89g Protein - 51g NET carbs - 84g fat

On 11/21/2019 at 4:28 AM, sillykitty said:

I’m actually going to sous vide two boneless turkey breasts for Thanksgiving this year vs roasting a whole bird due to hosting a much smaller group than normal. The plan is to sous vide with an herb butter then broil to get it golden brown. I’m excited about having a hopefully juicy breast vs one that’s overly dry

Reporting back ...

Sous vide turkey breast worked out fantastically. I sealed two boneless turkey breasts up with some homemade herb butter, and let that cook to 145, then broiled, then sliced. Was tender, juicy and easy to "carve". Would definitely repeat if we ever have a small Thanksgiving group again. The only negative it it does look very unappetizing when it comes out of the sous vide, very pale and jello-y looking. The broil step is a must. Bonus for this prep method, keeps the oven free all day, until they very end!

16 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

The only negative it it does look very unappetizing when it comes out of the sous vide, very pale and jello-y looking. The broil step is a must.

So you did broil then? For how long? (and did it dry out any afterwards?)