Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI All! I dont see many like me here! I had Lap Band in 2005, Sleeve in 2010 and now mini Bypass 30 days ago.

My lap band from the start hated me. Pain, vomiting and not really losing anything. So...back I went to have it removed. When they took out the band they had trouble giving me a good sleeve which resulted in limited weight loss. Now, I have the mini. Im confused on review of revision surgeries. I hear they dont work, you wont lose much, you will regret it. However, I am down 30 pounds! Seems like a good start!

Any one else been down this road? I would love someone to chat with about it!

That's great 30lbs in 30 days

Well, so far so good. When I had my last surgery the DR told me that she would make the decision at the time of the surgery once she was in. She chose the mini, and that was my preference. I have heard good things about the mini and so far I am pleased with the outcome.

I had the lap band in 2012 I did loose some weight but I think that’s because I was vomiting every day for over a year. So I had my gallbladder removed in 2015 and Monday I had my lap band removed and converted to a sleeve. Doctors aren’t even doing the lap band much anymore.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:57 PM, HollyHeight said:

HI All! I dont see many like me here! I had Lap Band in 2005, Sleeve in 2010 and now mini Bypass 30 days ago.

My lap band from the start hated me. Pain, vomiting and not really losing anything. So...back I went to have it removed. When they took out the band they had trouble giving me a good sleeve which resulted in limited weight loss. Now, I have the mini. Im confused on review of revision surgeries. I hear they dont work, you wont lose much, you will regret it. However, I am down 30 pounds! Seems like a good start!

Any one else been down this road? I would love someone to chat with about it!

No, to answer your question. I just wanted to say congratulations and continued success.

I’m looking Into the same thing now. Band in 2010, sleeve in 2014, and now another revision to ??? Due to acid reflux and weight gain post hysterectomy. Any recommendations regarding the next surgery choice and insurance approval based on your experience?

My surgery is Dec 6 and I still have not decided what I will be revising to, as soon as I make up my mind, I will find more information and change it again. Lol...I am so lost! I dont want this to be another failed surgery for me.

Not exactly the same, but I had the band 2009, had it removed....may it burn for all eternity....then got the sleeve 2017, lost 70lbs....not goal weight, but good....and now I am suffering from fiery dragon vomit 2 yrs out, for people who like medical terms, GERD. SOOOO painful and miserable. So now I am trying to get a sleeve revision. Too scary for me to get anything messing with my intestines. At a minimum, I need a hiatal hernia repair.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using BariatricPal mobile app

Well I personally chose the bypass because of the change of metabolism and absorption that comes with bypassing of the intestines; I've not had one single issue and feeling great lost 119lbs so far :D

On 11/3/2019 at 10:17 PM, mountaingirlCO said:

I’m looking Into the same thing now. Band in 2010, sleeve in 2014, and now another revision to ??? Due to acid reflux and weight gain post hysterectomy. Any recommendations regarding the next surgery choice and insurance approval based on your experience?

I had the sleeve and had a revision for acid reflux. I had to go to Mexico because insurance wouldn't pay and the Dr. recommended the mgb so I got that in 2016 and now I have reflux worse than ever. Guess what, insurance is refusing to pay for this one also so now I'm going back to Mexico for the rny. Had I known the mini wouldn't fix the reflux I never would have gotten it. Because here I am needing a 3rd surgery and having to pay cash, again. I know some people have the mini and it fixes the reflux but why risk it, I would go with the rny just to be safe.

I'm having revision to RNY as well (plus hiatoplastic and gastropexia). I'm going in on February 25th. I was satisfied with the MGB for over three years until my hernia came back.

I had the sleeve and had a revision for acid reflux. I had to go to Mexico because insurance wouldn't pay and the Dr. recommended the mgb so I got that in 2016 and now I have reflux worse than ever. Guess what, insurance is refusing to pay for this one also so now I'm going back to Mexico for the rny. Had I known the mini wouldn't fix the reflux I never would have gotten it. Because here I am needing a 3rd surgery and having to pay cash, again. I know some people have the mini and it fixes the reflux but why risk it, I would go with the rny just to be safe.
I had the sleeve a 1 1/2 ago only lost about 50 pounds looking into the rny insurance wont cover since I'm 190 and 5'6. how much did it cost in mexico?

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/19/2020 at 10:46 PM, kata0683 said:

I had the sleeve a 1 1/2 ago only lost about 50 pounds looking into the rny insurance wont cover since I'm 190 and 5'6. how much did it cost in mexico?

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was told $6900 for the revision but Dr. took $500 off since I was coming back to him. He was supposed to have Dr. Illan do my mgb but he had an emergency that day and another Dr. stepped in to do my surgery. But this time I'm going to Dr. Illan. His patients really seem to love him and his staff is amazing to work with.