Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1.5 years out & still throwing up?

I’m just glad I finally got someone to listen to me.

And that is the key!!!! Finding the right doctor to truly listen to you is vital to our health. I had to change back doctors last year for the very reason. I'm so glad your surgery went well and you're home recovering. Continued success and blessings.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yay!! Praise God!!! Happy recovery and a new life!!!

So glad you finally made a doctor listen and hopefully now you can heal the right way and continue your journey... wishing you well!

On 12/16/2019 at 1:49 PM, froufrou said:

p.s. I know exactly what you mean about carbs being easier to get down - I've been telling my husband since my surgery. If I eat Protein it comes back up... after sitting like a brick in my chest. If I don't eat carbs I'll die from not eating at all! My surgeon wanted me to do a scope a while back but then it seemed to be ok... or maybe I just wasn't thinking about what I was eating. Anyway - I have the EXACT issues you have.

I am right there too! I'm 18 months post vsg and seriously any time I eat meat outside of rotisserie chicken, or really soft chicken like thighs, I seriously can't keep it down. I know I need to aim for liquids for just a few days to let it all settle. It's awful. It's usually not like regular throw up, but a gross slime that fills up my entire esophagus trying to move the food. Beef is the absolute worst and my absolute favorite. It's a struggle. I will have to go back to eating smaller bites, chewing more, and probably avoiding beef, pork, and dry chicken. I doubt I have a crazy kink or anything like that, but I'm struggling for sure. I regained 10 lbs since Christmas, but am working to get it back off. I lost 175 pounds since I started pre-op, but then gained that tad bit back. I'm also trying to not eat like a bariatric patient for the rest of my life. I don't want to gorge myself, but eating 1000 calories forever isn't realistic, especially for someone who is 248, 5'9" and does Crossfit 3-4 days a week. I've brought Protein Shakes back into my diet 2x a day to help get my Protein back in. But things like clam chowder, meatless chili, lentils with curry... those are the best things that I've found I can handle. Solids just suck.

Have you shredded your meat? I ordered children's stainless utensils from Amazon and I shred my meat eat it from a small bowl as it is so shredded. I then eat my meals by myself while doing something else so I eat very slowly taking 30 minutes to eat and very small bites with my very small fork. I also put some olive oil on it to keep my cholesterol down. If I don't follow this I have been known to feel awful. I only eat until I'm not hungry, not full. I'm still on about 3 - 4 oz. If you have seen your doctor and he doesn't find anything try shredding your meat. Small cuts don't seem to work and chew until it is a liquid.