Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2019 surgery peeps?

Hi all, Anyone have an October 2019 surgery date? Mine is 10/28/19 (my surgeon is away for 2 weeks, so I'm at the end of the month). Oh, the holidays are going to be so weird this year (my birthday too, which is 11/19).

Anyone out there in October? 🙌 I would really like some surgery buddies, though you don't have to be in October per say. Having someone to go through this with would be awesome. I can get in my own head easily, so I would love words of encouragement, advice, etc. ❤️

People may not have gotten their surgery dates for October yet... be patient, there will be a few getting scheduled over the next few weeks! I got around a 2 week notice. Add to that, it was scheduled before surgery was approved by insurance, so didn't know for sure until after it was scheduled.

19 hours ago, momof3_angels said:

People may not have gotten their surgery dates for October yet... be patient, there will be a few getting scheduled over the next few weeks! I got around a 2 week notice. Add to that, it was scheduled before surgery was approved by insurance, so didn't know for sure until after it was scheduled.

Thanks for the info :) I know my doc schedules pretty quick, although if I didn't call and ask for my date, I wonder if I would have had it. All of my appointments are set and I've gone through a fair number of them, but I'm still going through things (Endoscopy scheduled for end of September). Hoping to keep my date, that something isn't off and all goes well.

Since my last post, I noticed some October peeps have posted their dates in one of the Sept threads if you want to look for them.

I have a Oct 1st date! Just counting down the days😀. I have my pre-op appt on the 9/6 to start the pre-op diet. It will feel real then! Feel like I keep on trying to eat things I shouldn’t right now in a last meal mentality. Nervous my weight has not gone down since my consult months ago and don’t want to get denied after all these appts and steps completed. I look forward to continuing the countdown.

9 hours ago, lingre said:

I have a Oct 1st date! Just counting down the days😀. I have my pre-op appt on the 9/6 to start the pre-op diet. It will feel real then! Feel like I keep on trying to eat things I shouldn’t right now in a last meal mentality. Nervous my weight has not gone down since my consult months ago and don’t want to get denied after all these appts and steps completed. I look forward to continuing the countdown.

I look forward to continuing the countdown with you. I've lost 30 lbs as of today. I'm counting calories and watching sugar/carb intake on my own. I am eating slow and trying not to have liquids with my meals and having loads of Protein (no liquids with meals is HARD). I am ready for whatever the nutritionist will do to help (I have three of those appointments in total, and did the first...my next is 9/12).

Good luck to you and I hope to see you on here :)

Wow-30lbs lost already, that is awesome! I have my pre-op diet appt starting on Friday and am going to get myself prepped this week. I have cut out my Diet Coke addiction but still am struggling with drinking at meals too. Need to find a trick to get myself to stop it. I did not have to do a monitored diet of any sort for my insurance and I am thinking that was a mistake! We will see how much I can lose in the next 5 days.

I am anticipating a surgery date in mid to late October. Getting final insurance approval hopefully this week.

On 9/1/2019 at 4:12 PM, lingre said:

Wow-30lbs lost already, that is awesome! I have my pre-op diet appt starting on Friday and am going to get myself prepped this week. I have cut out my Diet Coke addiction but still am struggling with drinking at meals too. Need to find a trick to get myself to stop it. I did not have to do a monitored diet of any sort for my insurance and I am thinking that was a mistake! We will see how much I can lose in the next 5 days.

I cut the diet soda, and that wasn't too hard, but I know how hard it is for so many. I will miss the occasional indulge in it though. I have heard different things about carbonated beverages. Since I'm not crazy about them, I plan to stay away. I'm trying to stay as low in calories as I can, without going overboard, so that the pre-op diet won't be too hard. Some days are easy, others are a struggle and I want to eat everything. The days I'm home all day are the worst, so I try to keep busy as much as humanly possible (without neglecting my home, LOL). I find I don't get hungry cooking, so meal prep is a good at-home activity for me. TV, as with most people, is my worst time. I have cut down on my TV. I try and walk or whatever instead.

You will do amazing! We all will :)

Whoever says this is all easy.......they have no idea!

Edited by Cherylmilla

17 hours ago, Tiffgarcia22 said:

My surgery date is 10.30.

Awesome! :)

On 8/28/2019 at 2:43 PM, Cherylmilla said:

Anyone out there in October? 🙌 I would really like some surgery buddies, though you don't have to be in October per say. Having someone to go through this with would be awesome. I can get in my own head easily, so I would love words of encouragement, advice, etc. ❤️

I just got my date today 10/11/19!!! I agree the holidays will be weird, but in a good way. Its a time to make it more about family and less about food.

You got this!! Just stick to your nutrition plan and you already be on a great road for success!!