Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m on the Dartmouth diet to prep for surgery per order of my surgeon. The basic break down is cream of wheat, Soup, Protein Shakes and jello/pudding. I’m on day four now and I’m just getting progressively more sick. TMI- but nauseous, gagging when eating, diarrhea, exhausted and cloudy. I’m not sure what I should do? My surgery is Thursday 8/29/19 so I have 3 more full days of this left. I’m open to experiences and suggestions.

Maybe this is why Dartmouth has trouble in the Ivy League, I like all Those Things but not exclusively. Well, we all hate our Pre-Diets but do remember THIS TOO WILL PASS, only I was unlucky enough to Bog down in Puree-Land forever and ever but that is a Whole Another Tale, isn't it?

Be glad that you don't have 2 weeks of it like most of us did. I had all those symptoms as well. It's a terrible period but just something we have to do. For me the brain fog was the worst.

No worries, it gets better.

Part of it is your body detoxing itself from all the “wrong” foods and to give you the best prep for your journey. I felt awful too during that time. DO try to drink a lot of fluids to flush your system. I found that I was dehydrated and it added to my groggy state and brain fog.

Good Luck!

My Surgery Date is 08/29 as well. I have had a plethora of aches and pains through out this preop diet. I just attribute it to my body detoxing from 30 years of caffeine, carbonation and lots of sugar. :-o

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches