Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are my water guzzlers?

2 hours ago, Cuppa said:

I can only drink about four ounces at a time. Don't really want to push it into a situation where it's too much ^_^

Life goals! I can have 2-3 ounces quickly currently, which is nice. Getting better every day!

a week out and can drink normally

Yes. I played by the rules until my doc released me to drink at comfort/will. I can guzzle about 1 cup at a time. I can do cold Water now, but prefer it if it's a bit colder than room temp.
Play by the rules at first. Sip. Sip. Sip.
I'm so glad to know that I am not alone. 3 weeks out on Wednesday & I don't have issues swallowing. I got to wondering if my pouch is bigger than normal since I have no issues? Could this be why? or am I just paranoid?

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I remember drinking from the Garden Hose when I was a Wee Frustr8, now I have to drink so slow I would probably drown before I could get enough down. C'est La Vie, so I have declared a moratorium on whines and complaints, it's just the way It has got to Be!👈😯👉

Ohhh this is me! I was the one before bed thinking dang i should of drank more Water today and would chug a 16oz water bottle in a few seconds and have to get up and have to use the restroom in the middle of the night. Id have 1 or 2 glass cup fulls of water with dinner. After surgery this was something that really bothered me that i couldnt drink the same and had to sip and it needed to be room temperature i hated it. NOW im almost 3months out and chug a half of a 16oz cold water bottle before bed i dont know why its so heavenly to me but it is. I just never drink more than a few sips with my food.

Before surgery, I drank A LOT of Water. Like, an obnoxious amount. I drank it fast, cold, and rapidly. Obviously, with the new sleeve, I am down to sips. My question for folks here who have gone through surgery, and are happy with the results ----- can you chug without crumbling in pain?

Photo by Julia Zolotova on Unsplash
julia-zolotova-K2yKpyLMVOg-unsplash.thumb.jpg.40e3913631cc3fcc79080e82684ca751.jpg
Big, big chugger here. Like, a twenty-oz Coke zero in 5 seconds.

I'm doing regular drinking for now; the removal of all carbonation for the foreseeable future was one of my biggest concerns about this surgery.

For my first 4-5 days after, I did the sipping.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using BariatricPal mobile app

10 hours ago, demayome said:

I'm so glad to know that I am not alone. 3 weeks out on Wednesday & I don't have issues swallowing. I got to wondering if my pouch is bigger than normal since I have no issues? Could this be why? or am I just paranoid?

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

When I asked my Doctor why I could drink Water quickly he replied, “You’re one of the lucky ones”

55 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

When I asked my Doctor why I could drink Water quickly he replied, “You’re one of the lucky ones”

Maybe I am too! I am able to put away 6oz at a clip right now!

On 8/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, Cheeseburgh said:

Doctor why I could drink Water quickly he replied, “You’re one of the lucky ones

@Vance-666

Many OP post on here that they have soooo much trouble drinking PO for awhile - are unsuccessful, - they also can't stand the taste.

Taste buds, frequently change with many items/besides drinking

slllllowly OP can drink easier - then hopefully to normal - eventually gulping -

@Cheeseburgh - your doc was correct when he gave his comment. i, also have

always been a successful Water drinking. (and eventually gulper)

holding up a glass of water to you and all BP members😊

kathy

Funny you posted this. Yesterday my trainer was like hey you are chugging again ! I hadn’t realized I was doing it because there wasn’t pain. But omg in the beginning I could swallow only like a couple I’ve chips worth lol. I’m 7 weeks out.

50 minutes ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

Funny you posted this. Yesterday my trainer was like hey you are chugging again ! I hadn’t realized I was doing it because there wasn’t pain. But omg in the beginning I could swallow only like a couple I’ve chips worth lol. I’m 7 weeks out.

Awesome! am I reading you right?! you lost 71 pounds over 7 weeks?!?!?!?!?? mom_of_AMAZING!!!!!

On 8/19/2019 at 10:42 AM, ms.sss said:

I know some my disapprove, but my Water of choice is of the sparkling kind.

No disapproval here! Just curiosity, and I feel kinda dumb for this lol - but sparkling water is not considered carbonated right? Or is it?

I'm a regular room-temp sipper over here. I used to LOVE chugging cold water but gosh darn it I have sensitive teeth now. 😢

I was a Water guzzler and I just had the sleeve done on Monday. Yesterday I was sitting on the couch and took a shot of Water without thinking. It wasn’t a pain I felt but nauseous.

ITS HARD all i want to do is chug ice cold Water already 

1 hour ago, CrowLuv said:

No disapproval here! Just curiosity, and I feel kinda dumb for this lol - but sparkling Water is not considered carbonated right? Or is it?

I'm a regular room-temp sipper over here. I used to LOVE chugging cold water but gosh darn it I have sensitive teeth now. 😢

lol, yeah its carbonated :)

immediately after surgery I could only stand very warm to hot water. this lasted about 3-4 months. then my preference switched to ice cold still water for another couple months. nowadays I like ice cold sparkling/carbonated water....and sometimes I'll put a couple drops of Stevia-sweetened "water enhancer" for flavour...which I'll chug, of course. But oh, the burping afterwards!

29 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

lol, yeah its carbonated :)

immediately after surgery I could only stand very warm to hot Water. this lasted about 3-4 months. then my preference switched to ice cold still water for another couple months. nowadays I like ice cold sparkling/carbonated water....and sometimes I'll put a couple drops of Stevia-sweetened "water enhancer" for flavour...which I'll chug, of course. But oh, the burping afterwards!

OK I feel kinda dumb, LOL, but hey, I learn something new every day!

Sounds like you found a perfect comfortable "water fit" for yourself, that's awesome!