Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your NO-NO list

Jack that was so funny about spreading your DNA through the towns! LOL

Well, it really sounds like the most common factor people have is doughy breaded items and dry chicken. I always dip my chicken in some type of sauce or ketchup though.

But the rest certainly seems to vary from person to person. I hope I won't have the tuna issue... I love tuna and I figured tuna would be a great source of Protein.

chicken Mcnuggets and Pork Sausage, they don't get stuck but I get nauseaus like you wouldn't believe. Also no matter how hard I try, it won't come up; so I have to just deal with the nausea.

French fries are painful and no longer hold any appeal for me. I see them as fat sticks now.

Cold Water (from the fridge) first thing in the morning, can be painful if I drink too fast.

tuna salad goes down fine for me.

ok..please dont take offense at this. Think of it as a theory. I hear a lot of foods that are really good for you in here that people say they just CANT eat and will avoid at all cost.

What if.....(this came from my Doc)..The food that make you full really quick are not the food not avoid.

Lets say you had ..half a cup of scrabbled eggs and had a REALLY bad pb eposode. (oh ive had em too). So you neve eat them again.

Maybe you eat just a little too much of them or eat them just a hint to fast.

Try them again, eat slower and they make you full REALLY quick and for a really long time...Wouldnt this be a GOOD thing?

Now forget the junk food. Look to eat food with low calorie concertation. What i mean by that is 1000 calrories in candy you could probably hold in your hand. 1000 Calrories in Brocholi or scrabbled eggs would be huge volume.

Now its just a thought. There is nothing i can NOT eat as long as i go sloooowwww and small bites and stop as soon as im full.

Even if that means my whole meal is 3 tiny tiny little bites of say ..eggs or something.

For the pre banders...dont think there will be a certain food you can never eat again. And watch out for the dietians your insurance makes you go to...they really dont understand the whole band thoery.

Please,...im not trying to make anyone mad...just a theory.

Thanks,

I can't get down ANY form of chicken or tuna salad! Cottage cheese, or any type of cheese is okay....was at a seminar and one of the lunch items was a steak filet and was able to eat 3 bites, but no problem going down. I've had scrambled eggs at home with no problem, but had scrambled eggs at work and had a major problem....found out from the cook in the cafeteria that the eggs are reconsitituted with some citrus...anything thats too dry.....

my doctors told me that i can eat anything, but not a lot and not often. I am at a clinic of all bandsters under 18, so they figure the second they say "YOU CANNOT HAVE THIS", what ever it is you crave like mad.

but personally, my no no is fast food, i will NOT eat it

Wow, I remember posting that thread several months before my surgery. LOL. It's funny to look back on all the stuff I worried about before.

Just a mini-update - the only thing I have problems with are scrambled eggs and omelets. No matter how slow I eat them, I always get stuck and according to my doctor about 50% of patients have this same food problem. I also can't eat breaded fried stuff like chicken fingers or fries. Not that I care about that. LOL. I did have my weak moment of trying to eat it.. no, not good. Thankfully my band was there for me and said "NO, this isn't what you need". And believe me, I don't miss any of that stuff.

I can eat salads, grilled chicken, veggies, tuna, fish, etc... and though I don't eat bread bread, I can eat very flat pita bread still! YAY. It's my bi-monthly treat for myself. So, I live a pretty regular life and eat lots of yummy, but healthy food.

I do allow myself an occassional naughty treat like nacho's or a shake.. and my doctor says doing that is perfectly fine. I've never felt like I'm missing out on anything. I thought I would miss eating two huge bowls of Pasta with texas toast getting so stuffed that I was belching up chunks of pasta and sauce..and having a belly ake for 2 hours... Nope.. I don't miss those moments at all..

So, if anybody reading this is wondering if they are doing the right thing.. you are. I was worried too.. worried about what I could eat.. worried about if I could lose weight at all.... I was always one who would lose 20 or 30 and then gain 50. It does work and I still go out to eat with my friends and enjoy life.. I just live a normal everyday life.

The only advice I will give you is: never let yourself get too tight with your adjustments. If you can't eat a small healthy meal you are doing it wrong and you will be miserable. My doc told me this, and he was so very right.

Good luck! :thumbup:

oh I love this thread, even though it's an oldie. we should resurrect it!

i've had 2 pb episodes since being banded back in May. they were both on fast-food french fries (McDonald's, Arby's curly fries).

do ya think someone's trying to tell me something? step.. away.. from.. the fast food!!!!

I'm done with fries, thankyouverymuch! that slime, that pain, no thank ya!:)

Very interesting to see how different everyone is.

For me it's scrambled eggs, got stuck big time. And I can eat egg salad, bread, grilled chicken, tuna, tacos, lettuce, cabbage, asparagus, broccoli, steak, triscuits, lunch meat, meatballs, sausage, etc.

I don't eat all these things very often but I'm still pretty new to the band so I've been experimenting a lot.

I would have never guessed scrambled eggs.

My no-no's so far (3 fills to date)

Doughnuts

bread

Biscuits

Rice

Pasta

Anything that 'swells' after it's swollowed...yuk.

I'm on my 5th day after my 3rd fill and I enjoyed a juicy rib-eye with a small salad. I remembered to cut it in small pieces and chew until my jaw hurt, but it was worth every extra minute I put into that meal. One thing that helped was putting my fork down between bites. I'm so happy that I can handle meat SO FAR.

Sometimes vegetables are hard to eat if I can't chew them enough. :)

This is a great thread! I'm not looking forward to the sliming/pbing, but if it's part of what gets me healthy and off of bloodpressure/diabetes meds, it's worth it!!!