Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got the sleeve 7 days ago

Down 12lbs. Feeling good

Can't do more than 1 shake a day. Getting closer to 64 oz of Fluid a day on the Water side. Can usually sit down once a day and do 20z in an hour

Protein has been between 40-60g. Broke the 500cal mark yesterday.

Feeling pretty good- got 6-7000 steps each of the last two days. Less and less pain everyday.

I have moderate concerns that i am doing too much too fast. I'm also bored out of my skull, so there's that.

Follow up appointment Wednesday

Congratulations! I am 8 weeks post surgery, but just like you I was doing the same step amount per day and it didn’t do me any harm at all.

I was more worried about potential blood clots from sitting around too much, so I kept moving and walking around a lot.

I also found it very hard to keep hydrated, done days I only managed a tiny bit of Sustagen and apple juice.< br />
Keep us updated 😊

I just don’t understand at all! I’m 6 data out and can chug Water and Protein Shakes. It’s pretty worrisome since this doesn’t seem to be the norm.

I’m glad you two are doing well and getting so many steps in!

^^ days not data.

2 hours ago, cris20495 said:

It’s pretty worrisome since this doesn’t seem to be the norm. 

I could chug Water from day 2, I never tried to chug a Protein Shake but I’m pretty sure I could have. I don’t know how common or uncommon it is, when I told my Dr. he replied, “Your one of the lucky ones “

11 months later and I can still chug water.

29 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I could chug Water from day 2, I never tried to chug a Protein Shake but I’m pretty sure I could have. I don’t know how common or uncommon it is, when I told my Dr. he replied, “Your one of the lucky ones “

11 months later and I can still chug Water.

Hi, Cheeseburgh. You've been so successful, which puts me a bit at ease. I already feel like I'm one of the "lucky ones." But, I'll take this bit of luck, too! Thanks.

I can’t leave my grammar mistake hanging; (too late to edit) He said, “You’re one of the lucky ones.” (Not “your”. )

It was making me twitchy.

^^^ I completely understand this—more than I should!

i really want to be able to chug Water

I can do 20oz if i sit and concentrate on it but it takes an hour

Only an hour? Gosh I am lucky to get 15-22 ml in every 15 minutes, if I do nothing else while doing it. House doesn't get vacumned, dishes get washed, laundry done and folded. I am not out paying bills, visiting various doctors unless I carry a water bottle everywhere. And that looks worse than a 3 1/2 year old with a baby bottle! No my own kiddos didn't have THAT PROBLEM, they were breast-fed into training and other cups but in my large group of First and Second cousins there are many examples. My cousin Amy Dues grandson, I was starting to believe Logan would start kindergarten with an elongated tea cosy over Mr Bottle, his best friend! And there was Miranda Kane , his older sister that we would have to pop the Binkie out of her mouth before she got ready for Brownies. Really don't want to runnother people's lives, but Jeese-Wowee , that is a prolonged period of time! You think I am a comic? Meet some of the fruits,nuts and apples on My Family Tree, Jeff Foxworthy would say they are worse than REDNECKS, known most of them all my life and they still amaze ME!

58 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Only an hour? Gosh I am lucky to get 15-22 ml in every 15 minutes, if I do nothing else while doing it. House doesn't get vacumned, dishes get washed, laundry done and folded. I am not out paying bills, visiting various doctors unless I carry a water bottle everywhere. And that looks worse than a 3 1/2 year old with a baby bottle! No my own kiddos didn't have THAT PROBLEM, they were breast-fed into training and other cups but in my large group of First and Second cousins there are many examples. My cousin Amy Dues grandson, I was starting to believe Logan would start kindergarten with an elongated tea cosy over Mr Bottle, his best friend! And there was Miranda Kane , his older sister that we would have to pop the Binkie out of her mouth before she got ready for Brownies. Really don't want to runnother people's lives, but Jeese-Wowee , that is a prolonged period of time! You think I am a comic? Meet some of the fruits,nuts and apples on My Family Tree, Jeff Foxworthy would say they are worse than REDNECKS, known most of them all my life and they still amaze ME!

this was super helpful, thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches