Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm coming up on 5 years since my gastric bypass operation. I weighed 384 lbs the day of my procedure, as of today I have now broke 170 lbs range that's with the excess skin still hanging on there lol which I assume is probably around another 10 to 12 pounds. Its has been a struggle but worthwhile I look at myself in the mirror and feel like just got out of a concentration camp...Screenshot_20190629-125051.jpeg 20190629_125513.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on your success! You look, and must feel, wonderful! You're quite the inspiration!

Congrats on your success! You look, and must feel, wonderful! You're quite the inspiration!
Thank you I appreciate that it's been a struggle I kind of looked over some of your posts and I see that you're having some problems if you want to talk I'll answer whatever I can for you I went through this considerably well and I've lost well over 200 pounds and I'm also a psychologist it so that helps a little bit but if you have any specific questions or ideas you want to talk about feel free to talk to me. And yes you can. It's not to late. Your still alive so therefore it's not to late and to be honest. I'm surprised I lost as much as i did I wasnt/are the most compliant.

Thank you, hmwilcox578. Yes, I AM alive! And Id like to stay that way.

So, you think it's doable to lose 150#'s this late? I mean, any lose is very good and putting the right foods in my body will certainly be good for me regardless. I'm actually very excited (and pessimistic at the same time this late in the game) to start over. Having my wonderful husband, bestest friend support me in this (it doesn't hurt that he recently got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and HAS to eat right) is a massive weight off my shoulders. He was a cook all his life, now retired, and he does all the cooking, VERY imaginative, talented and now educated. We're starting our journey on July 3. Me, a little more strict, but he's now willing to break things down (measurements) for me, in the dinner area. I'm again trying MFP to track myself as well as a food journal. But finding the updated MFP to be hard to understand but I'll get it. If I can survive and flourish with my mental illnesses, I would certainly hope I can do this! I'll be doing EMDR with this issue. My therapist is Awesome, loyal, relentless, educated and we really have a great relationship of 10 years. Lots more work ahead of us.

I'm just trying to get peoples' input on using bariatric portions after 4 years of (other peoples') normal to large portions I've been eating. I mean, I don't eat much, but, the wrong things. I'm looking for answers? to whether bariatric portions is advisable so late in the game. If it will work, I'm ALL for doing it. Just don't know because I've never seen on here a situation exactly like mine. I should see my surgeon but I am deeply terrified. Trying to talk myself into it, but as you may well know, the Mind plays tricks. More work in therapy I guess.

I'm SO proud of your major accomplishment and continued success! YOU must be very, very proud. It must suck having overhang. That would get on my nerves, but the alternative is that it's full of fat, which it's not. Yay! Be proud and shine like you did here, you deserve the attention and praise. Plus, you give hope to people like me. Keep on with the great success!

1 hour ago, hmwilcox578 said:

So I'm coming up on 5 years since my gastric bypass operation. I weighed 384 lbs the day of my procedure, as of today I have now broke 170 lbs range that's with the excess skin still hanging on there lol which I assume is probably around another 10 to 12 pounds. Its has been a struggle but worthwhile I look at myself in the mirror and feel like just got out of a concentration camp...Screenshot_20190629-125051.jpeg 20190629_125513.jpeg

nu-uh. you look great!

Thank you, hmwilcox578. Yes, I AM alive! And Id like to stay that way.
So, you think it's doable to lose 150#'s this late? I mean, any lose is very good and putting the right foods in my body will certainly be good for me regardless. I'm actually very excited (and pessimistic at the same time this late in the game) to start over. Having my wonderful husband, bestest friend support me in this (it doesn't hurt that he recently got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and HAS to eat right) is a massive weight off my shoulders. He was a cook all his life, now retired, and he does all the cooking, VERY imaginative, talented and now educated. We're starting our journey on July 3. Me, a little more strict, but he's now willing to break things down (measurements) for me, in the dinner area. I'm again trying MFP to track myself as well as a food journal. But finding the updated MFP to be hard to understand but I'll get it. If I can survive and flourish with my mental illnesses, I would certainly hope I can do this! I'll be doing EMDR with this issue. My therapist is Awesome, loyal, relentless, educated and we really have a great relationship of 10 years. Lots more work ahead of us.
I'm just trying to get peoples' input on using bariatric portions after 4 years of (other peoples') normal to large portions I've been eating. I mean, I don't eat much, but, the wrong things. I'm looking for answers? to whether bariatric portions is advisable so late in the game. If it will work, I'm ALL for doing it. Just don't know because I've never seen on here a situation exactly like mine. I should see my surgeon but I am deeply terrified. Trying to talk myself into it, but as you may well know, the Mind plays tricks. More work in therapy I guess.
I'm SO proud of your major accomplishment and continued success! YOU must be very, very proud. It must suck having overhang. That would get on my nerves, but the alternative is that it's full of fat, which it's not. Yay! Be proud and shine like you did here, you deserve the attention and praise. Plus, you give hope to people like me. Keep on with the great success!
Well firstly the overhang does suck but I hope to get that removed at some point in the future I'm definitely at that point now I can feel my ribs through my lack of better term nipples so there's literally no muscle or fat underneath my chest whatsoever and just this kind of circle around my belly where I get ulcers and things underneath if I'm not sure to keep it extremely clean. But back to your concern about portions. How much can you eat now it'll you weren't portioning for diet purposes? I can at best eat what a 10 yr old eats still to this day. My wife still tries to serve be a huge bowl of spaghetti (happened yesterday lol) but I can only eat maybe 4 or 5 bites or go glacial slow. Spaghetti is the hardest thing for me to process still. However I did find whole wheat noodle are much easier. My portions were never a problem after the operation. If i went over it was right back up. Tbh I pushed my limits beyond what I would ever recommend I have spent 5 yrs throwing up. I do almost everyday still. But it's getting better as my body adapts to food again. Still can't do rice and chicken is a crap shoot at best. But yes you can do it. It's all in your head. You have seen just how little you HAVE to eat to survive. Make up your mind. And don't give up..... ever and you will succeed. It's not if you fail. It's if you continue on after a failure