Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, what's wrong with me???

I would ask for another fluo. I correspond with a 2 gals who went back numerous times to there doctor and had fluos and each time was told there was no problem. HOWEVER, THERE WAS. The doctors each time eventually found it. The only way they found it was to do a complete defill and find out how much Fluid the band had. Guess what! The bands were totally empty. So ask for a complete defill and ask the docs to measure the amount of Fluid that comes out. If they say you have 9ccs, you should have 9ccs come out. Doddie

Before my last fill I asked Nancy RN to defill me and then refill me with 8.25 cc and she said she wouldn't! "It is not recommended" she told me.

I feel like I am being ignored.

I phoned Jill yest. and she thought I needed a flouro too. Then I called the fill nurse and she says no, you probably just need another fill... Lots of people need more than 9 cc's...

Who should I call? I dont' want to use Dr. Yau's emergency number plus I hate geting someone in sh!te but, jeeez:mad:

Peaches. Bypass Nancy and call the head nurse and make an appointment to see Dr. Yau. The other two bypassed the fill nurse and asked for a check by withdrawing the fill as they insisted they would not be satisfied until it was proven there was fill in the band. After all, YOU are the patient that paid for the band and you have the right to know it is working properly. It took a lot of pressure by the other two individuals before they were taken seriously. Stand your ground, you have and are paying them. If it proves they are right then you will be content to have more fill, but if it proves they are wrong, then they have to fix it. Stand tall and demand you be looked after. Doddie

Before my last fill I asked Nancy RN to defill me and then refill me with 8.25 cc and she said she wouldn't! "It is not recommended" she told me.

I feel like I am being ignored.

I phoned Jill yest. and she thought I needed a flouro too. Then I called the fill nurse and she says no, you probably just need another fill... Lots of people need more than 9 cc's...

Who should I call? I dont' want to use Dr. Yau's emergency number plus I hate geting someone in sh!te but, jeeez:mad:

Peaches, I spoke to Dr. Yau at the TLBC function about my chronic acid reflux, and told him that I have been defilled since the summer and that I am still hoarse; he told me to get in touch with his staff in order to arrange an appt with him. He said that my band may have shifted or something. Up until the point when I spoke directly with him I was merely told that I needed a defill which I have had. I have been sounding like a) a mafioso hitman or :) Demi Moore for 5 months now. He mentioned that he wanted to institute his own set of tests, yadda, yadda in order to figure it all out. I plan to follow up on this within the next few days. You should also push about your concerns, grrl.

Thank you so much for your opinions... It really was helpful to me to get your words of encouragement.

I drove to T.O. this a.m. and got another fill ( now at 9.75cc) I am going to give this 'one' a chance for a few days then if no more restriction I am going to contact Dr. Yau.

I did feel a little gurgle of restrict. while drinking my compulsory 500ml of Water in the waitng room.... so for supper I had a Protien shake and we'll see what the morning brings.

Keep me posted GREEN on how your testing goes.

((((hugs))))

Peaches

Hi Peaches glad you wrote cuz I wanted to check to see how you were. Green had some good advice if you need to go that route. How are you feeling today?

This morning I ate my oatmeal, no problem and I seemed 'full' afterwards.

lunch, had 2 meatballs, veggies & fruit cup.. again "full" on about 3/4 cup food _+ the fruit cup.

So I 'think' I feel a little restriction... but not taking super tiny bites. Kinda eating normal mouthfull but chewing very well.

No P.B.'s so that's good too.

Tomorrow I'll try Rx pills and see how they go down.

night, night

Just Peachy