Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 9 of pre surgery liquid diet. But... I want pickles! Can I have them?!

Hey y’all! Surgery is on 5/16! I’m on day 9 of liquid diet but I’m dying! I’d love to enjoy a pickle or 2 tomorrow during our Saturday green market. Are we ok to eat pickles during this horrid liquid diet? I’m so tired of just shakes and broth and Water. Jesus help me! I’m also so anxious about next week. I’m here thinking about all of you in this journey and I’m sending all the good vibes and love your way!

Tiff

2 hours ago, Tiffany L. said:

Hey y’all! Surgery is on 5/16! I’m on day 9 of liquid diet but I’m dying! I’d love to enjoy a pickle or 2 tomorrow during our Saturday green market. Are we ok to eat pickles during this horrid liquid diet? I’m so tired of just shakes and broth and Water. Jesus help me! I’m also so anxious about next week. I’m here thinking about all of you in this journey and I’m sending all the good vibes and love your way!

Tiff

When is your surgery? I had a different diet. I was allowed one small meal and chose dinner to eat. I cheated a little and still lost 16 pounds in one week.

I dont get such a regimented diet. I don't personally think pickles could hurt. They're super low in calories.

Best on your upcoming surgery!

Edited by gabybab

There's no fat in pickles, so probably not a problem, but please try to stick to your liquid diet pre-op to best protect you for surgery.

I wasn't allowed pickles - or anything other than non-calorie or ultra-low calorie fluids. I stuck to my plan. I know it's hard, but it's so worth it in the end.

If you go through Ohio State University Hospital like me, you are never permitted them again
Big Red lettering in my Life After Surgery Booklet. And nobody seems willing to discuss it!

Hi everyone! Thank you for your feedback. I’ve chosen to stick to the liquid diet because I’m afraid of messing it up! Plus my surgery is on 5/16 so I’m almost there! And I know that the biggest struggles are ahead of me. This is the time to learn discipline and it’ll help post op. I know I’ll have half a pickle some time in the future so yay de that! Lol. Thanks again! Happy Saturday!

24 minutes ago, Tiffany L. said:

Hi everyone! Thank you for your feedback. I’ve chosen to stick to the liquid diet because I’m afraid of messing it up! Plus my surgery is on 5/16 so I’m almost there! And I know that the biggest struggles are ahead of me. This is the time to learn discipline and it’ll help post op. I know I’ll have half a pickle some time in the future so yay de that! Lol. Thanks again! Happy Saturday!

to be honest, I found the two-week liquid diet the most challenging part of it. After surgery most people lose their hunger and appetite for awhile, so these restrictive diets we're on the first few months don't seem that bad in comparison!!

57 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

If you go through Ohio State University Hospital like me, you are never permitted them again
Big Red lettering in my Life After Surgery Booklet. And nobody seems willing to discuss it!

Huh? Why? Anybody know why?

Edited by Krestel

On 05/11/2019 at 08:40, catwoman7 said:

to be honest, I found the two-week liquid diet the most challenging part of it. After surgery most people lose their hunger and appetite for awhile, so these restrictive diets we're on the first few months don't seem that bad in comparison!!

I hope this is the case for me. I kinda feel the same way because right now I’m always hungry so afterward it should be easier! Fingers crossed. All the prayers and good vibes are welcomed at this point lol.

I'm having surgery the same day as you, and I'm allowed up to 200 calories of veggies along with my Glucerna shakes. I've had a couple of baby dill pickles every couple of days (the sweet of the shakes is overwhelming).

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

On 05/11/2019 at 09:16, MrsGamgee said:

I'm having surgery the same day as you, and I'm allowed up to 200 calories of veggies along with my Glucerna shakes. I've had a couple of baby dill pickles every couple of days (the sweet of the shakes is overwhelming).

Omg it is overwhelming! I’m allowed the same but only raw veggies. I have that with some broth. I’m tired of the shakes, honestly. Going to try the powder. I love pickles I’m just wondering if it’s part of the veggies that I can have. I’m so excited for us, MrsGamgee!!! 🙏🏽

Omg it is overwhelming! I’m allowed the same but only raw veggies. I have that with some broth. I’m tired of the shakes, honestly. Going to try the powder. I love pickles I’m just wondering if it’s part of the veggies that I can have. I’m so excited for us, MrsGamgee!!! [emoji1431]
I was told I could cook my veggies or make them into a Soup, which is why I figured a couple of baby dills every now and then would be okay.

It's coming quick. Today I made a list for my hubs of people to co

Oops... what happened to the rest of my post?

The list is of people to contact when I'm in recovery. I'm also going over all my paperwork again, just to make sure I've got everything covered.

Super jealous of those that can have some solids. This all liquid diet is tough. I can see the prize but I want something solid... back to sipping my Gzero