Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2019 people out there?

On 01/04/2020 at 19:10, mr.sean said:

Checking in, about 20 weeks post-op!

Weight loss has slowed to about 0.5 - 1 lb per week, and some of my binge-eating habits have returned, but in smaller quantities. So I don't think it's technically binge-eating. I'm talking eating shredded cheese out of the bad, eating Peanut Butter out of the jar, eating like 4 string cheese instead of 1. I'm sure that's making the calories add up and contributing to the slowing weight loss. It's not hard to overeat soft, high-fat foods like that. I still can't binge-eat anything high in carbs, thankfully.

This happening because I'm feeling very hungry again, especially at night. It's very discouraging because I was told the surgery would dramatically reduce the ghrelin hormone production in my stomach. It seems to have come back with a vengeance. I eat when I'm hungry, and then I fill up quickly, but then I start feeling hungry again when my stomach empties. This is not what I thought was supposed to happen.

I'm feeling very jealous of all the people who lost 75%+ of their excess weight in the first 6 months, because I'll be lucky to hit 50%.

ME TOO! I’ve only lost a lb due to not eating that healthy since my birthday but I’m starting back to tracking and watching what I eat again on Monday

Weight loss has slowed to about 0.5 - 1 lb per week, and some of my binge-eating habits have returned, but in smaller quantities. So I don't think it's technically binge-eating. I'm talking eating shredded cheese out of the bad, eating Peanut Butter out of the jar, eating like 4 string cheese instead of 1. I'm sure that's making the calories add up and contributing to the slowing weight loss. It's not hard to overeat soft, high-fat foods like that. I still can't binge-eat anything high in carbs, thankfully.
This happening because I'm feeling very hungry again, especially at night. It's very discouraging because I was told the surgery would dramatically reduce the ghrelin hormone production in my stomach. It seems to have come back with a vengeance. I eat when I'm hungry, and then I fill up quickly, but then I start feeling hungry again when my stomach empties. This is not what I thought was supposed to happen.
I'm feeling very jealous of all the people who lost 75%+ of their excess weight in the first 6 months, because I'll be lucky to hit 50%.
You are not alone mr.sean!!! I've had to make sure ALL nuts have been taken out of my pantry because though I'm snacking on "healthy foods", I'm snacking A LOT! So I've had to reset myself since the holidays are over.
The surgery is definitely not an easy way out as retraining the BRAIN is not for the fainthearted
Since getting back on track, I've dropped 2lbs in 2 days which didn't happen the entire last month though I've lost serious inches that when my sis who has not seen me in a while saw me, she begged me not to lose any longer!. I think it's the dramatic difference....we'll see how I feel as I continue to lose.

But keep your head and chin up as we plug along. Remember we are just 4 and half months post OP. We still have time to recalibrate.

Good luck my fellow Augustas

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

You are not alone mr.sean!!! I've had to make sure ALL nuts have been taken out of my pantry because though I'm snacking on "healthy foods", I'm snacking A LOT! So I've had to reset myself since the holidays are over.
The surgery is definitely not an easy way out as retraining the BRAIN is not for the fainthearted
Since getting back on track, I've dropped 2lbs in 2 days which didn't happen the entire last month though I've lost serious inches that when my sis who has not seen me in a while saw me, she begged me not to lose any longer!. I think it's the dramatic difference....we'll see how I feel as I continue to lose.

But keep your head and chin up as we plug along. Remember we are just 4 and half months post OP. We still have time to recalibrate.

You’re not the first person to have done this Mr. Sean , and doesn’t the weight loss start slowing down at about 6months anyway? You’ve done so well , and as Deedee said, it’s not too late to get back on track . btw, well done Deedee for getting back on track. I wish I was hungry . I’m 20 weeks out, and got ill before Christmas , still not great and can’t eat . Im living on chicken Soup . My surgeon told me I should be be having 4 or 5 Protein Shakes a day, but can’t get anywhere near it . I’m lucky if I can get through 1.which nuts are we allowed ?

I hear ya Big Sean...My appetite has come back full force. I ate a 10 piece Buffalo wild wing platter in like 20 mins and didn't even bat an eye. It is scary because I only felt bad for about 10 mins. I am working on it though.

I hear ya Dee Dee on the nuts. I eat several handfuls of almonds a day with no problems.

On 01/04/2020 at 21:56, Deedee12 said:

How did you reset?

On 1/4/2020 at 10:10 PM, mr.sean said:

I'm with you, I feel hungrier every day, I also know what you mean about the ghrelin, I told my surgeon back in August that I think he missed the part that suppresses the ghrelin because I am still feeling hungry, I have been eating not only more in quantity of each meal but eating more often throughout the day and I'm afraid of having a major slowdown. I'm hoping it's just our bodies transitioning into winter mode and we all pick up where we left off before the holidays

Hi all! Just checking in. I’ve had a slow and steady loss that has included a lot of multi-week stalls. I’ll be 5 months out on Dec 14. I just had a 3 week stall and when I got on the scale today I was down 4 lbs, for a total of 64 lbs! I’m excited but I do wish it had happened more rapidly for me. I’d like to lose at least another 40 lbs. I don’t know why people think surgery is the easy way out, I have had to work for every pound. If I’m not eating enough, drinking enough, getting all my Protein and logging my food I’m not losing. And even then there are stalls. I just started doing Orange Theory fitness, it is REALLY intense but also a great workout. It’s an hour long HIIT class. My goal is to go 3 times a week. I went before work this morning and I’m feeling pretty darn good! Hope everyone is feeling great!!

On 1/4/2020 at 10:06 PM, mr.sean said:

I definitely could be more positive about it, like you are. I'm still getting used to how much I can eat, but I've finally started cooking in smaller quantities so I'm not throwing away a lot of leftovers.

My issue is more: Why spend a lot of time and effort on making this meal when I'll probably be full after 6 bites?

Its funny because I think the exact same when it comes to eating out. Why spend money to go out to eat when Im just going to take a few bites and then just sit there?

I think its important to spend time and effort on meals we can control, like ones we make from home. Eventually we're going to be able to eat way more than what we are eating now (from what I read) and when we get to that point all that time and effort on cooking the best and healthiest meals possible will pay off. Ultimately long term success is the goal. These beginning stages matter to build a foundation.

Easier said than done though. I'm no expert and trust me I struggle too lol

On 1/4/2020 at 10:26 PM, Bianca S. said:

ME TOO! I’ve only lost a lb due to not eating that healthy since my birthday but I’m starting back to tracking and watching what I eat again on Monday

The holidays plus your birthday can definitely do that! During the holidays I ended up bringing my own side dishes to avoid the heavy stuff.

My bday is next week! I hope I stay on track 😕

On 1/5/2020 at 8:23 PM, Michael S said:

I hear ya Big Sean...My appetite has come back full force. I ate a 10 piece Buffalo wild wing platter in like 20 mins and didn't even bat an eye. It is scary because I only felt bad for about 10 mins. I am working on it though.

I hear ya Dee Dee on the nuts. I eat several handfuls of almonds a day with no problems.

Wow thats incredible! I can eat a good amount of almost anything except Protein. Once I eat a piece of chicken I need to tap out. But I will say my hunger has come back too...

Edited by MarvelGirl25

49 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

The holidays plus your birthday can definitely do that! During the holidays I ended up bringing my own side dishes to avoid the heavy stuff.

Wow thats incredible! I can eat a good amount of almost anything except Protein. Once I eat a piece of chicken I need to tap out. But I will say my hunger has come back too...

I was sleeved 8/27 and I am constantly hungry! I now have learned that losing weight is impossible without getting the Protein in. I had even started adding crackers and a bite of bread here and there. I am back on track now and I no longer want any carbs at all and I am trying to stay away from sugar. For a minute there I was even having a bite here and there of cake or anything sweet my husband or daughters were eating. I am FINALLY in ONDERLAND down to 198 ( 5'3" Hw 267 SW 247 GW 150 CW 198 ) I feel amazing and I know that I can't beat myself up over one little slip up BUT I do need to be held accountable and keep my eyes on the ultimate prize, which is being at my best! I love these posts and LOVE reading your trials and triumphs, grateful for all who post, thank you!!

22 minutes ago, Bueno702 said:

I was sleeved 8/27 and I am constantly hungry! I now have learned that losing weight is impossible without getting the Protein in. I had even started adding crackers and a bite of bread here and there. I am back on track now and I no longer want any carbs at all and I am trying to stay away from sugar. For a minute there I was even having a bite here and there of cake or anything sweet my husband or daughters were eating. I am FINALLY in ONDERLAND down to 198 ( 5'3" Hw 267 SW 247 GW 150 CW 198 ) I feel amazing and I know that I can't beat myself up over one little slip up BUT I do need to be held accountable and keep my eyes on the ultimate prize, which is being at my best! I love these posts and LOVE reading your trials and triumphs, grateful for all who post, thank you!!

Welcome! ❤️❤️❤️

Im with you! Protein is key, especially protein coming from meat. Im glad to hear you are back on track! I've been doing that too, taking a bite or two on things I shouldnt be eating but we are human and we need to move on and try again. End of the year is tough.

Congrats on your weight loss! We are cheering for you! You're sooo close to your gw

On 01/07/2020 at 06:53, MarvelGirl25 said:

01/05/2020 05:23 PM, Michael S said:

Yeah I didn’t do bad until Christmas when I traveled for the holiday

I could have sworn i checked into this thread... if i did I can't find it. So here i am... Checking in now... Late to the party.

I "originally" got to this site back in 2009 when it was called LapbandTalk.... I was banded back 11/10/2009. I am 5'2" and that SW was 232lbs. I was 42 years old and married. Lost and stayed at 143lbs for Yearsssss... well until my beloved Tina had to be removed. I got a bad case of the flu and threw up violently and slipped my band... it was a terrible day. So March 23, 2017 I became WLS...less... No more tool. Up till then i was a model bandmember.... Over the last few years, I regained 30lbs.... I had started looking for a dr. to do a revision, but kept being told i didn't "weigh enough"... I was fixing to head to Mex when i stumbled on the dr. i have now.... He said the fact that I was a previous WLS pt he could do a revision.... Yeahhhhh... So Aug 21, 2019 I started my liquid diet... at 173.5lbs. 31.7BMI. SX was August 28, 2019. SX weight 165. Today, almost 24 weeks PO I weighed in this am at 133.4..... down 40lbs.... Lost the 30 i had gained post band removal and another 10..... so happy.

After 26 years of marriage, it fell apart. A lot due to the WL and his NEVER supporting my SX. Then he got very jealous... He couldn't handle the men hitting on me.... and i couldn't handle it either.... the attention was intoxicating. I have since met and remarried the most amazing man.... Our last conversation... Me: i can cook a meal at home for Valentine's day. Him: no, i want you to get all dressed up so i can show you off...

Band sizes.... 20 pants, 2xl shirt, 7.5 shoe, 44H bra..... After, 6 pants, lg/xlg shirt, 7 shoe, 34H/G bra

Sleeve.... 10 pants, lxg shirt, 7 shoe, 36H/G bra..... Today... SIZE 4 PANTS, SMALL/MED SHIRT, 6.5 SHOE & 32G BRA.....

I'm having trouble eating the amount of cal/prot. i should be... i find i can eat about 4 bits and i'm done. My hair is falling a bit (thank god i have a lot). Please tell me how yall are doing... Today i go for a check-up and talk with the dr. on my progress. can't wait to see what he says.

On 2/10/2020 at 1:37 PM, BayougirlMrsS said:

I have since met and remarried the most amazing man.... Our last conversation... Me: i can cook a meal at home for Valentine's day. Him: no, i want you to get all dressed up so i can show you off...

Band sizes.... 20 pants, 2xl shirt, 7.5 shoe, 44H bra..... After, 6 pants, lg/xlg shirt, 7 shoe, 34H/G bra

Sleeve.... 10 pants, lxg shirt, 7 shoe, 36H/G bra..... Today... SIZE 4 PANTS, SMALL/MED SHIRT, 6.5 SHOE & 32G BRA.....

I'm having trouble eating the amount of cal/prot. i should be... i find i can eat about 4 bits and i'm done. My hair is falling a bit (thank god i have a lot). Please tell me how yall are doing... Today i go for a check-up and talk with the dr. on my progress. can't wait to see what he says.

What an amazing story! I haven't read too many success stories with the band. Im glad you were able to find a doc willing to do the surgery AND a man confident enough to be with you!

Let us know how your appointment went!

11 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

What an amazing story! I haven't read too many success stories with the band. Im glad you were able to find a doc willing to do the surgery AND a man confident enough to be with you!

Let us know how your appointment went!

@MarvelGirl25 It went great.... lost 10lbs since last visit. down a total of 40lbs. That an average of 1.6lbs per week. I'll take that. My band surgery was the same... lost about 2lbs per week for a while. Then i hit 143 and that where it stayed for yearsssss. At one point i had started putting on a few, but then my pants were too tight and i said.... no way chris... you didn't come this far to f it up now.

Yes Dr. Carroll has been wonderful

I think a huge part of success is a good support system. I didn't have that with the band. I was still successful, but i think it could have been more and for sure it could have been better.

My husband is the most amazing man.....my supporter. Pretty much anything i need or want.