Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

yesterday I went to my pcp for my fasting blood sugar testing (diagnosed pre-diabetic july 06) while talking to the doctor he suggested that I might be able to get off of metiformin (sp) if my a1c's were still looking good. I guess the last ones were good. I was excited and then the nurse called this morning and confirmed that I was to discontinue the meds. that my A1C's are doing much better. 5.4. this after 3 months following surgery I am happy. :bounce:

That is AWESOME!!! I'm looking forward to escaping that prison, too! Thanks for inspiring me!

I just posted this on a general thread, but I had a nice NSV today when hubby pointed out his arms go a lot farther around me now than they used to!! It was quite sweet.

Golly I love that man!!!

next nsv......I fit in a size 18. I am now able to buy clothes that are not plus sized. bought a skirt and shirt last night for church today and they fit the top is even loose. =) forgot to mention started in a size 6/28 bottom and 24/26 top

Wow! Gweniper -- that's a LOT of progress since August!

I've gone from 26s and a few 28s to 22s...and still a few 24s.

I'll probably faint dead away the day I put on something in the TEENS and wear it!

Yeah Gweniper! I went shopping this weekend as well and at one store was completely out of plus size clothing both in the bottoms and the tops. However at another store the plus sized shirts were too big and the regular sized shirts were too small.:( However, I am officially able to wear size 16 regular jeans so that is exciting!

Salsa that is exciting and thanks

Nana I just about did faint when I went to just try them to see how close I was to fitting in them and the fit great and now I can buy more (but just a couple as I don't want to spend money on lots of clothes that I will only wear a few months)

thanks for the support

and you are doing great too

I'm not sure what a NSV is but I assume its some good news! I have two:

1. My darling husband after hearing someone remark about my weight loss replied that he is happy for me because I am happy but that my weight had nothing to do with how much he loved me. :kiss2:

2. I have lost 22 inches! When the scale slows down, reach for the tape measure!:clap2:

weight.png

319H/314S/277C/200G

Crazy 8's December exercise challenge 1/16 down!

:car:On the road to health! Riders welcome

Well this morning I got a nice surprise.... I fit into a size 16. I knew the 18 were getting loose and had to keep pulling them up but was not sure if I could get into a 16. well a friend that has had the surgery a year ago passed me a bunch of clothes and in it were a couple of size 16 pants. So being curious I tries them on, little snug across apron area but not on my waist. I tried them on at about 2am, my hubby was so excoted he went and got one of my presents out. slacks and a skirt he thought both were 16 but only the skirt was but that is ok he has been watching and before I told him things were getting loose again he noticed. I love him..

now if things would start moving better for him too it would be great.(he was banded in Sept)

Well Merry Christmas and happy New Year everyone

awww - you're hubby sounds like a sweetie! Congratulations on having him and on your victory!

Happy St Patricks Day everyone!!

I finally had an NSV!! I wanted to wear something green today of course. I could only wear one blouse because they were all too big!!! My pants from Kohls I just bought are a 16w and the zip up perfectly!! Finally I am starting to see progress. Better late than never. I know returning to the Crazy Ates definitely gave me the motivation I needed. Thanks and enjoy your day!! I know I will!!!

Happy St Patricks Day everyone!!

I finally had an NSV!! I wanted to wear something green today of course. I could only wear one blouse because they were all too big!!! My pants from Kohls I just bought are a 16w and the zip up perfectly!! Finally I am starting to see progress. Better late than never. I know returning to the Crazy Ates definitely gave me the motivation I needed. Thanks and enjoy your day!! I know I will!!!

:mad2::thumbup: WAY TO GO! We all knew you had it in you...It was just a matter of time before YOU found out you had it in you. Congrats...Watch out now...those sizes are going to drop and so is your bank balance!!! I just gave away 4 moving boxes worth of clothes and what I have now is starting to get to big! Pretty soon you will put your clothes on and think WTH? When did this start looking like a garbage bag on me!

Good job! Those NSV's really feel great don't they?!

I can't claim any this week (I'm actually up a lb). I was a total slug on the couch all weekend, so it makes sense. I think it's all emotional right now because I'm getting impatient and a tad disappointed about not having a job offer yet. I did apply for some more openings, and the one in SD could still happen (they just want to interview some others first), but it kinda zapped me out this weekend.

I figured out that I need something besides the job hunt and upcoming move to keep me occupied and distracted from eating right now - that seems to be what helped me out on my trip (I was too busy to eat when I was in CA). I've packed or gotten rid of pretty much everything I can at this point without getting in the way of everyday life. No wonder I'm so dang antsy! Maybe a good long walk in the fresh SNOW (ugh) tonight at the dog park will help kick things back in gear (will definitely be fun watching poochie play in new snow).

Anyway, I digress- nice work, all of you!!