Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE❤

• DAY 5: Work was stressful today. Had to take a million deep breaths!
  • Did some stretches today, legs feel a little sore. Did a 2 mile slow jog yesterday. Feeling it today!
  • So what, if this young thing ran around me 3 times, I still made it!:1516_runner_tone2:

39 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side question:

Do you feel compelled to participate in something if more people are doing it?

Yes.

42 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side question:

Si.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side question:

Nope. Or did I feel compelled to answer because other people were already answering?

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

On 04/05/2019 at 15:52, GreenTealael said:

B-Side question:

No

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side question:

Sometimes. If it’s something I kind of want to donabs more people are then I probably will but if it’s somethjng I really do not want to do then NOPE

Day 5: Deep Breaths

I've needed a lot of deep breaths to get through today. An astronomical bill from the plumber, the 8yo informed me this morning that her glasses are broken, and I woke up this morning with a UTI. Fun times.

B-side:

I'm a follower for sure, but I'm usually very late to the party.

1 hour ago, MrsGamgee said:

'm a follower for sure, but I'm usually very late to the party.

I don’t think of it as being a follower, I like the camaraderie and the motivation that comes with a group activity.

5. Busy day at work. I did a two-minute breathing break meditation on the Insight Timer app this evening to get re-centered. 🧘

On 04/05/2019 at 20:17, Cheeseburgh said:

I don’t think of it as being a follower, I like the camaraderie and the motivation that comes with a group activity.

This is how I look at it.
This is this thing that all of us are doing that the vast majority of our family and friends can’t go through no matter how supportive they are. However here, we are a group bonded by mutual experience and support and it does make the activities easier and more fun.

Whew! Finally finished work shift #4 of the week from hell and it took many deep breaths to get through it.
lol, I’m gonna be the first to admit today that I’m going to give baking Cookies a hard pass.

Nope nope nope nope nope......
🤣🤣🤣

On 4/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, FluffyChix said:

Hi, I'm in!

Goal for this challenge : Reach Goal #3 in my signature (130lbs)

Starting weight: 139.4, post surgery RNY on 2/20/18 /Weight Loss Mode & I'm excited for spring. Need to work on my butt and tummy for sure. Need to build strength!

I'm proud that I continue to build a new future with food and continue on the journey toward a healthy, fit and strong body, mind, and spirit. :) #narcissistmuch ? :( Yeah, still focusing on me. me. me. Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Updated pics from this weekend at 137.4lbs.

2017-2018WLS_MONTHLYCOMP-month13-web.thumb.jpg.750751946df8d1b23f25a60284231808.jpg

WOW!! Fluffy, the difference between month 12 and 13 is spectacular... your strategies are really paying off big time!! it looks significantly more than a change of 5lbs!!

I am trying to follow in your footsteps. I feel like I'm really strict in what I'm eating but last weekend I thought I would try and introduce a little more veg into my lunch - so I cooked turkey mince with spinach, celery, mushrooms, wild garlic leaves and an onion. I ate one portion which amounted to 200 cals (my totals for the day are under 700 cals, and under 20g of carbs (10% of total, under 40% of fat and 70g of protein) and I gained 1.5lbs which has taken me since Sunday to lose what I had gained from that one meal... sheesh!

Maybe because I have the prolapsed disc to deal with at the moment I'm not moving enough... so hopefully things will get back once it gives me less pain... at least it's keeping the arrthymias in better check while I'm resting up...

My head witch is concerned that I might not be able to sustain this uber strict regime... I know what she means because when my head tries to go into melt down, all I want to reach for is anything on the forbidden list... at the moment, I can just about manage that intense urge by having a 38cal hot chocolate (we have Highlights in the UK) and that can satisfy my craziness ... or I have a Protein Bar which is my second option... but mostly I manage without... :)

MFP - alpaca55

Starting late into this month's challenge:

Surgery date: 10/31/18

Starting weight: 302lbs

current weight: 239.6lbs

goal for this challenge: 230lbs - so a loss of 9.6lbs

exercise: to return to walking 30 mins each day