Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 2 weeks post op and I am having a lot of trouble getting my Protein in. I despise Protein Drinks and have to choke them down. I don’t eat cottage cheese or yogurt. I also have a weird texture pet peeve. I am very very picky. Just trying to see if anybody has any ideas for ways I can get it in. I really need some help. [emoji851][emoji52]
I like eggs and egg drop Soup.< br>
Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

There really is no easy solution, especially at the earlier post-op stages. Its hard to be a fan of Protein Drinks, yet for those 1st 4 weeks, they were salvation in terms of Protein intake for me. I agree, too, that eggs are a must, although again one does need to ingest more than is normal to get close to the daily protein targets. The only suggestion I would offer is not entirely great......we really do just have to bite the bullet, and find and eat what we vitally need, in order to preserve vital muscle mass and minimize any loss of same. Canned tuna, when it can be introduced, is not so awesome that I want to eat masses of it, just as with eggs - it is absolutely a case of needs, rather than wants. To be brutally honest....and there's little point in being any other way with this topic......we have to put our head down and just get on with it, or we will suffer the detriments in many ways. It isn't exactly like we have a choice, other than to remind ourselves of the many benefits of having already gone so far through our bariatric journey. Accept the challenging nature as being totally unavoidable, and move forward toward better and bigger goals......wishing us all the very best.

Edited by Lindsay B

Im really having trouble with all food. All drinks, Water. Everything gets stuck and i simple wait for the food to pass down while im so sick. Everything wants to come up
Ive been trying all the suggestions. Ive pureed many different varieties. I was drinking the shakes. But they hurt now. I know that it is all healing, but this is hard.
I have no desire for anything to pass my lips

I was like that @kathy0522, I didn't like for anything to pass my lips either. It is challenging but it does get better. I found things I liked that we're within the guidelines but it took a while to get there and u will too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app