Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, my doctor's office sent the information to my insurance 02/15, I called my insurance on 02/25 and they told me that my surgery had been approved. But once I called and talk to the insurance coordinator at my doctor's office she said that that is only the first part of the approval and that we cannot look at scheduling yet. I haven't heard anything back since and its now been almost 3 weeks since submitting. Has anyone else gone through this?

I don't know what other approvals would be necessary unless your doctor's office is needing surgical clearances from your PCP or cardiologist or something.

That is what I was thinking, but the office said they have everything they needed.

She said it was a 3 step process and that the last step is done after surgery?? Didn't make any since to me the way she said it.

Another thing that is really weird is that on my insurance website, the approval has dates of 03/18-03/19. I am supposed to be getting a call back from the insurance company explaining what those dates mean.

3 hours ago, GradyCat said:

I don't know what other approvals would be necessary unless your doctor's office is needing surgical clearances from your PCP or cardiologist or something.

Okay, even more weird now.

I just got off the phone with my insurance co., she is telling me that the date she sees, 03/18, is my surgery date!?!

Makes no sense, my doctors office hasn't scheduled this with me, I am now waiting on a call back from the insurance coordinator to see what the heck is going on.

19 hours ago, Dabeyhive said:

Once i got approved my dr office sent a date of 3/6/18 to the insurance company . I think that's just a date they throw out to give to the insurance company. after that they have to schedule blood work and chest x rays and a whole separate clearance from your PCP "which is not the medical necessity referral" after they get a clearance usually they call and schedule a date with you once the date is scheduled they update your insurance co with the new date. . . Im not sure what your dr office is needing but after approval they do have to wait on certain clearances .

Thanks!
I guess they got it all figured out!

My doctor's office called yesterday afternoon - surgery date of 04/08!!!

Congratulations!! It will be here before you know it

2 hours ago, Dabeyhive said:

CONGRATSS!!!!!! Im so happy for you!

Thank you!