Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here lost over 100lbs in 6-9 months?

15 hours ago, elcee said:

The best way to lose that amount is to start now. Don't wait for your op

THIS!! YES!! I started at 330 in June 2018. I was 283 when I had VSG on 11/6/18 and I'm 235 now, exactly 4 months post-op. I'm 5lbs away from being down 100lbs since June 2018. So start NOW, lose as much as possible beforehand. Everyone loses at a different rate afterwards.

On 03/06/2019 at 11:25, danieocean said:

Yes! I am 5 months out and 109lbs down. The pre-op really helped jump start my weight-loss. I lost a good 24 pounds right before surgery and got used to having only liquids before I had to do the real thing. Anything is possible, but all of our bodies are different. Stay positive and focused and you'll do great! I even take selfies now and am obnoxious about it (LOL) because it's exciting to get all that weight off!

After and before.jpg

You look AMAZING! And also, beautiful before as well. But now you are beautiful AND healthy! So inspiring!! Selfie On!! 💃🏻

4 hours ago, Neely said:
6 hours ago, danieocean said:

Yes! I am 5 months out and 109lbs down. The pre-op really helped jump start my weight-loss. I lost a good 24 pounds right before surgery and got used to having only liquids before I had to do the real thing. Anything is possible, but all of our bodies are different. Stay positive and focused and you'll do great! I even take selfies now and am obnoxious about it (LOL) because it's exciting to get all that weight off!

You look AMAZING! And also, beautiful before as well. But now you are beautiful AND healthy! So inspiring!! Selfie On!! 💃🏻

You are the sweetest!!!!!! Thank you so much, getting my weight under control and my health in order has been such a struggle. We're all in this together, let's fight the fluff!!! :D

I lost 180lbs in 6 months

E1AD0776-1FD3-4811-BF98-39FCCEAE116D.jpeg

12 hours ago, danieocean said:

After and before.jpg

Wow huge difference well done

4 hours ago, Ømatt said:

E1AD0776-1FD3-4811-BF98-39FCCEAE116D.jpeg

Amazing but what was your starting weight

starting weight 418.8lbs current weight 224.8lbs 7 months post op

Edited by Ømatt

5 minutes ago, Ømatt said:

starting weight 418.8lbs current weight 224.8lbs 7 months post op

You got VSG? Tell me your secrets :)

149 in 9, but i hit 130 odd in 6 if iam not mistaken

Yep, totally possible. I only lost 90 in six months, but that may because I lost a considerable amount during the pre-op( 30 pounds right before, 74 overall). Either way, you can do it!

You guys are really inspiring.
I worried I won’t be able to hit 100 lost in even 12 months.
I’m 5’7” and started pre-op at 259. Because of my height and insurance requirements, I was told not to lose under 250 or they wouldn’t pay so I had to “maintain” in the low 250’s for 4 months.
Therefore I didn’t have much loss before surgery, but as soon as I was cleared I started low carb, then liquid diet and lost down to 246 on surgery day.
Today I am 29 days post-op and I’m down to 219, but I’ve only lost 2 pounds in the last 17 days.
Not technically a stall, since I’ve lost 2 pounds, but compared to before it’s going sloooooooow

I’m worried that since I’ve lost only 25 pounds in the first month, It will slow down and I’ll never hit my goal weight of 155, which I was hoping to reach in 8 months (my bday is in October and I would LOVE to give that to myself as a bday present)

Whether or not this happens, I’m sticking to this new lifestyle and committed to being the best me that my body allows me to be

I had my surgery on May 22 2018 and lost 113 pounds with in 9 months. :D

2.5 years post op, I’m down 350?lbs. keep finding new ways to get your Protein intake. Pre made shakes and powders get nasty and boring after so long. I used to take salted caramel Protein Powder and mix it into warm Peanut Butter and let it cool. Adds another good Chunk of Protein to Peanut Butter. Finding little ways like that to get the extra protein.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Had surgery 8/1/18....highest weight was 238#....I'm 7 months out now and am at 145#! Feels fantastic, but I still have 15# to get to my goal. Losing is slower now so I'm adding weight training to my cardio. My desire is to be at or exceed my goal by the 1 yr anniversary. Oh...and I'm 65 yrs young! ;-)

I lost over 200 lbs in 8 months. I was 489 when I started though. Pretty unrealistic for anyone under 400 to expect those results.