Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have only lost50 pounds in 8 months

Hello guys👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼So I had my Surgery on 9/15/2018. I have only lost50 pounds!

Is this normal? I feel bad because there are some who has lost 100!pounds by now!

My surgery was 6/4/2018 so I'm at 9 months and ive lost 46 since surgery and 76 total. Its different for everyone. I feel the same way when I see how much more others have lost but my doctors have said I'm right on track or a little bit ahead of where they want me at this stage at each appt. It all depends on how much you have to lose as well. If you only have 100 lbs to lose its going to take you longer. Are you comparing yourself to someone who has 200 to lose? As hard as it is try not to compare yourself to other people's journeys. You will get where you need to get if you stay on your plan :)

Thank you so very much for your redponse❤️I really do appreciate it. I guess I do compare myself to everyone that has had the Gastric Sleeve. And yes I only have95 pounds to loose. Glad to know that there are others out there like me. Thanks again!

Yes I'm just like you. My original goal for myself was 160 (I'm thinking about changing it to 150). So from my highest I only had between 95 and 105 to lose. Now that I'm so close to my goal it had really slowed down. I'm really frustrated with that sometimes because I see shook many others with huge losses I just have to keep reminding myself that it will be a little slower for me because I had less to lose.

Congratulations on nearly reaching your goal!!!Thats definitely an achievement. I will be happy when I can say the same. I still have45 more pounds to go .Its going veryyyyyslowwww.

It matters less how little or how slow you lose as much as you steadily keep on losing. Every day there is less of you on the outside, more of the strong person inside can come through. Be a strong sure jalopy, race cars burn out their engines and end up on the scrap- heap of life.😝

Repeating to all

Never, ever, ever, ever compare yourself to others

we're all different in life in general - losing weight, how long it takes, how

much weight you lose.

don't beat yourself up about anything, things will happen in their own time

- and you'll do great

God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It😎

good luck to all

kathy

Not comparing to others for me is like head hunger and real hunger . In my head I know I shouldn’t do it but in my heart it’s hard not too.
Wow! That was even hard to type and admit out loud

Being able to compare yourself to other patients is one of the worst features (or rather bugs) of WLS boards and it's the main reason I deleted the majority of my stats.