Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleever - Pictures Update - LOST OVER 100LBS!

8 hours ago, Vizslamom said:

Holy schmoly you look great! You are rocking the sleeve.

Thank you very much!!! Adjusting to my new figure, hard to figure out sizing still.

2 hours ago, SteveT74 said:

I agree!!! It's looking really good on you!!! Seriously, you look really really great!! What a transformation!!! It's finally dawning on me how much and how fast my body has changed since I had surgery in December. I don't see day to day, but everyone else seems to see it. I do see it on the scale, clothes etc. I am down to 197 from 260 (although I was probably closer to 280 and got to 260 before I was willing to put myself in a position to be weighed). It's a great feeling.

Summer 2018:

IMG_8398.thumb.jpg.2bcbe438706e195740c3155393320660.jpg

Today (2/28/19):

20190228_113723.thumb.jpg.76cfbe59c2130324373f019fd7fc8647.jpg 20190228_113346.thumb.jpg.bfe4d584c82b1fc249aac351cd88aa3f.jpg

Also, don't worry about the extra skin!! I'll take the extra skin over the fat any day!!!! The extra skin isn't going to put me in an early grave. I wear compression shirts when I go to the gym and that keeps everything in check. I don't have a lot of extra skin fortunately, but you can't loose a lot of weight at 45 without paying a price for putting it on in the first place. So, that's the extra skin for me!

Thank you so much, you're absolutely right. Everyone's different and your bone structure, height and figure play a big part in how your weight is distributed. I still have a hard time noticing it on myself too. Then I start looking back at pictures and think OMG, I guess I have lost a lot! You look amazing!!!!!!! Congratulations, seriously it goes by so quick too. True that on the extra skin, It bother me a little, not gonna lie, but the fact that I can walk up my stairs without feeling winded and wearing more *normal* size clothes makes it all worth it. With mens "plus" sizes was it hard to find clothes you liked? I always wondered that about guys. With women's plus size clothing, most of it is AWFUL. You're stuck with circus tents and a small selection. I think society is starting to be more accommodating in that sense but still...I always felt I dressed my body and not my personality. In any case...you look fantastic and keep up the good work!!!!

2 minutes ago, danieocean said:

Thank you so much, you're absolutely right. Everyone's different and your bone structure, height and figure play a big part in how your weight is distributed. I still have a hard time noticing it on myself too. Then I start looking back at pictures and think OMG, I guess I have lost a lot! You look amazing!!!!!!! Congratulations, seriously it goes by so quick too. True that on the extra skin, It bother me a little, not gonna lie, but the fact that I can walk up my stairs without feeling winded and wearing more *normal* size clothes makes it all worth it. With mens "plus" sizes was it hard to find clothes you liked? I always wondered that about guys. With women's plus size clothing, most of it is AWFUL. You're stuck with circus tents and a small selection. I think society is starting to be more accommodating in that sense but still...I always felt I dressed my body and not my personality. In any case...you look fantastic and keep up the good work!!!!

Shopping sucked!!! I never felt like I looked good in anything. It's hard to look good when your belly is hanging over your pants and pushing them down. It was like my tummy was fighting a tug of war with my belt and my tummy won every time! Nothing was ever comfortable. Selection sucked because the "cool" designers do not design clothes for horizontally challenged people. I could never find a dress shirt that fit me right because I had to get a shirt with an 18.5 inch neck. You can't find those off the rack. At a B&T store, you can find them, but then I had the opposite problem because they were cut for an person even heavier than me so they were too big on me and made me look even heavier than normal.

Being a normal weight opens up a whole new world for shopping. Finding something something to wear is no longer a challenge---well, not the same challenge. I now never know what size to buy so I have to try everything on. No problem---but that's not a great thing for shopping at costco (which I where I have been buying my clothes since you can get decent pants there for $20 a pair and they only last me a couple of weeks. It will be nice to reach a healthy stable weight so I can actually buy really nice clothes. I am just going for cheap and passable for now.

5 minutes ago, SteveT74 said:

Shopping sucked!!! I never felt like I looked good in anything. It's hard to look good when your belly is hanging over your pants and pushing them down. It was like my tummy was fighting a tug of war with my belt and my tummy won every time! Nothing was ever comfortable. Selection sucked because the "cool" designers do not design clothes for horizontally challenged people. I could never find a dress shirt that fit me right because I had to get a shirt with an 18.5 inch neck. You can't find those off the rack. At a B&T store, you can find them, but then I had the opposite problem because they were cut for an person even heavier than me so they were too big on me and made me look even heavier than normal.

Being a normal weight opens up a whole new world for shopping. Finding something something to wear is no longer a challenge---well, not the same challenge. I now never know what size to buy so I have to try everything on. No problem---but that's not a great thing for shopping at costco (which I where I have been buying my clothes since you can get decent pants there for $20 a pair and they only last me a couple of weeks. It will be nice to reach a healthy stable weight so I can actually buy really nice clothes. I am just going for cheap and passable for now.

It was just as bad for you too then :( I think one of the greatest godsends for plus size gals are leggings!! They're stretchy and you can dress them up or down. But I still love my leggings! I felt like the plus size stuff at the "cooler" stores was outrageously priced too! Also, being tall and having really long arms I have NEVER been able to find shirts long enough for my arms, it always looks like I'm wearing a baseball tee! LOL It's like most designers assume if you're an overweight woman, you're also short. *GRUMBLE*

I'm doing the same, shopping at Walmart for basics like leggings and shirts (I work from home so I RARELY have to look presentable) LOL! But it saves money until I hit my goal. TMI but I did a little splurge at Victorias Secret. As a woman, being able to go in and buy something off the rack was so amazing, I literally cried in the store. HA! But you're right about Costco...I have to check them out. I haven't been brave enough to wear a pair of jeans yet...maybe soon, but you bet they'll be cheap! hahaha!

You look amazing! Your goal is just ahead, you've got this!

1 hour ago, sandygs said:

You look amazing! Your goal is just ahead, you've got this!

Thank you, girl! You do too!!! We can do this!

10 hours ago, SteveT74 said:

I agree!!! It's looking really good on you!!! Seriously, you look really really great!! What a transformation!!! It's finally dawning on me how much and how fast my body has changed since I had surgery in December. I don't see day to day, but everyone else seems to see it. I do see it on the scale, clothes etc. I am down to 197 from 260 (although I was probably closer to 280 and got to 260 before I was willing to put myself in a position to be weighed). It's a great feeling.

Summer 2018:

IMG_8398.thumb.jpg.2bcbe438706e195740c3155393320660.jpg

Today (2/28/19):

20190228_113723.thumb.jpg.76cfbe59c2130324373f019fd7fc8647.jpg 20190228_113346.thumb.jpg.bfe4d584c82b1fc249aac351cd88aa3f.jpg

Also, don't worry about the extra skin!! I'll take the extra skin over the fat any day!!!! The extra skin isn't going to put me in an early grave. I wear compression shirts when I go to the gym and that keeps everything in check. I don't have a lot of extra skin fortunately, but you can't loose a lot of weight at 45 without paying a price for putting it on in the first place. So, that's the extra skin for me!

Amazing 60lbs since December

You look fabulous!

I bought a waist trainer from angel curves. When I bought it a size large it didn’t fit but I was about 187 I’m 5’5 however it fit within a week and a half. After using it for a week I was able to hook to the second hook. It’s really comfortable I have no problem wearing it all day and you can’t see it under your clothing.

https://www.angelcurves.com/products/extreme-waist-trainer-3-hook-black?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=5523731587&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzePjBRCRARIsAGkrSm5IdctkMSYKd00d1Dy1-00QmwBi1tQYmbU79WNxN30qwv71qhaW_icaAq6bEALw_wcB

WOWZA!!!!!

19 hours ago, SteveT74 said:

Offense??? No way!!! I know what you meant. :) I was an overstuffed Teddy Bear. I used to be the first one to make fun of myself for being fat (sort of a defense mechanism I guess). Today, I still make those jokes (but only in my head). It's starting to sink in not the fat guy anymore. Btw, my mom said I look 15 years younger too!!! It finally feels like i have the old me back from when I was in my twenties and early thirties when I was in good shape.

So true about the head game. Still feel that way some days. So looking forward to being back to my old self again.

6 hours ago, Yzaroxxi said:

You look fabulous!

I bought a waist trainer from angel curves. When I bought it a size large it didn’t fit but I was about 187 I’m 5’5 however it fit within a week and a half. After using it for a week I was able to hook to the second hook. It’s really comfortable I have no problem wearing it all day and you can’t see it under your clothing.

https://www.angelcurves.com/products/extreme-waist-trainer-3-hook-black?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=5523731587&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzePjBRCRARIsAGkrSm5IdctkMSYKd00d1Dy1-00QmwBi1tQYmbU79WNxN30qwv71qhaW_icaAq6bEALw_wcB

Thank you very much!!!

You look awesome. Both of you do. I haven't taken any pics yet but I will soon. Had my surgery on October 16th and have lost 89 lbs so far. Love that everyone at work calls me skinny now. I'm looking into surgery for arms and tummy but am very happy with results so far.

That is truly impressive. You look awesome. Thanks for the inspiration.

You look amazing and have some gorgeous curves.

I hate the cost of Spanx so I rarely buy the brand name. But Spanx does make a "generic" brand for Target and Walmart. Take a look at the areas you are most worried about and the styles and go from there. They have camisoles with tummy control as well as high-waisted briefs.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:31 PM, Jakesoldlady said:

You look awesome. Both of you do. I haven't taken any pics yet but I will soon. Had my surgery on October 16th and have lost 89 lbs so far. Love that everyone at work calls me skinny now. I'm looking into surgery for arms and tummy but am very happy with results so far.

YOU GO GIRL!!! Proud of you, keep up the amazing work!!! We can do this!!!