Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

57 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

You CAN do this.
Remember, all the questionable choices we make now are gonna bite us in the butt once this honeymoon phase is over.
Pretty much beat myself up every day for one thing or another and it’s a hard habit to break but I’m convinced we NEED to break that habit as well.
This week as part of my accountability, I’m weighing every day because that’s incentive to drink drink drink.
So far, I’ve lost 0.6 pounds since Monday morning.
Do I think I “deserved” to lose more? The honest answer is yes. But I’ll take it. Today is my day off so I’m pushing for 96 ounces today and knowing I’m going to get back on that scale tomorrow morning is keeping me motivated to keep drinking.

Thank you for believing in me!!

On 04/03/2019 at 12:22, Everythinganna said:

2 meals a day - maybe I should try.

My problem is snacking. I have 2 modes to choose from : 1. Hunger/light, constant Snacking or 2. “Meal”/overstuffed/misery.

Why can’t I get this right?!?!

It’s tough, but you’ve got to do what is best for Anna.
Took me a couple weeks of struggling like crazy forcing Breakfast down because I was soooooo worried about getting enough proteins/calories per day.
Once I came to grips with the fact that breakfast just “wasn’t me” for now, life got easier.
I eat when I’m hungry, which is basically just twice a day.
For someone else, that might be 3-6 times daily.
My loss hasn’t been anything they anyone is going to write stories about (averaging 2.6 pounds/week since week 3) but eventually I will get there.
Lol, there’s a reason I always identified with the tortoise.

tortoise... 😅 funny... Congrats, You're doing an Excellent job. Everyone lose at their own pace.

I really don't want to lose my hair. I'm sipping my Water, I'm taking my Vitamins/Calcium, and hitting my 46 grams of Protein daily because I'm trying my hardest to not lose my hair. Hopefully it's enough. Oh, also one episode of 600 lb life, the man had problems with his teeth because of Protein and Calcium deficiency. I went to the dentist yesterday, so far no cavities... hope it stays that way.

So with your 2 meals, do you think you're able to eat enough protein?

My ready protein snacks: Beef Jerkies, Slim Jim, Yogurt, pumpkin Seeds, Almonds

04/03/2019 01:33 PM, med28thmed said:

tortoise... 😅 funny... Congrats, You're doing an Excellent job. Everyone lose at their own pace.

I really don't want to lose my hair. I'm sipping my Water, I'm taking my Vitamins/Calcium, and hitting my 46 grams of Protein daily because I'm trying my hardest to not lose my hair. Hopefully it's enough. Oh, also one episode of 600 lb life, the man had problems with his teeth because of Protein and Calcium deficiency. I went to the dentist yesterday, so far no cavities... hope it stays that way.

So with your 2 meals, do you think you're able to eat enough Protein?

My ready protein snacks: Beef Jerkies, Slim Jim, Yogurt, pumpkin Seeds, Almonds

Nope. Many days I don’t hit protein goals. Although my goal was set for 60gm/day.
I just got home from running a ton of errands and was feeling a bit hungry so I just had an 8oz glass of milk and 5 almonds.
Now I’m quasi-full and feel more energized.
My food consists about 85% protein, mostly in the form of dairy protein.
Milk and almonds is my go-to snack (if I need one) and about 3 times weekly lunch is a 90 cal tuna pack with a bit of plain Greek yogurt to make it creamier and go down easier.  The rest of the time lunch is just a smaller version of what I had for dinner the night before.  
I can’t do any kind of flavored yogurt because of the 17 days I was on a liquid diet and most of what I was allowed to eat was sickeningly sweet Protein Shakes and the like.
If I never have to drink another Protein Shake, I’ll be a very happy girl.
Anyway, with the milk and the tuna I get “close enough” most days.
When I think back to my diet pre-surgery, it was pretty crappy a lot of the time  so  when I fall short of my protein goals currently, it’s still more protein than I was getting before.

My weight loss is 3-4 pounds a week like clockwork. However this week was about 2 pds. Assuming that I am loosing inches. Went from size 46 down to 42 in pants. Those are getting loose on me. Starting my weight loss at 339. I am down to 293. Surgery was on February 18th

18 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:
6 hours ago, med28thmed said:

Spontaneity, Gone.

Friday Night with friends, Gone.

Socializing, Gone.

Gone, or on hold. 🙂

Everyone just has to wait right now. I have to take care of "Me" first.

Previously I would eat whenever I got the chance and now having to be more structured is kind of a pain in the butt. Spontaneity is gone and a lot more planning is the norm.
You think you understand before surgery that you’re ready to give up the food, but it’s more than the actual food, it’s the social and feeling of well-being that comes out of it. That’s the part that is more difficult to come to terms with.

Totally agree with both of you, and it's so reassuring to come here and see that I'm not the only one going through this. I went to my first live support group at the hospital yesterday, and it was rather disappointing. I'll give it a few more tries, but I'm not sure it's for me.

Sherbear, I also have a wonderful, supportive spouse who is going through this right along with me, props me up when I'm feeling low, and ensures that I stick to the program (which I've done 100% so far). I'm not sure how I could do this alone.

I had what I think was my first dumping incident (or near dumping incident) today, and it was not pleasant. I got very hot, started sweating profusely, and was so sure I was going to vomit that I ran to the bathroom (but ultimately I didn't). It lasted about 30 minutes--and naturally it happened at work.

The thing is, I'm not sure why it happened. I ate nothing that I hadn't eaten before with no problems: a shake for Breakfast and braised tofu for lunch. Perhaps it was just too much tofu, but it didn't feel like it at the time.

In other news, I weighed in at 200.2 pounds this morning. So close to breaking the 200 barrier, which I haven't seen in more years than I can remember!

Yeah a supportive SO is very helpful.
So we’ve had a lot of storms here lately and I guess one of them knocked out a gcmi outlet in the garage.
All the stuff in our chest freezer is ruined— including the leftovers I was going to set out for tonites dinner.
After being in a REALLY BAD MOOD over the lost food, I’m better now because hubs ran out to the store for emergency fixings of ground beef and salad mix.

In retrospect, I totally overreacted to the lost food because I’m already feeling “deprived” and that was literally one straw too many for me to hold up to today.

So I know that I’ve got more mental homework to sort through so in the future I can better handle these kinds of situations
Good news! Burger patties are now on the grill and I just finished prepping the salad mix

On 04/03/2019 at 18:17, Recidivist said:

I had what I think was my first dumping incident (or near dumping incident) today, and it was not pleasant. I got very hot, started sweating profusely, and was so sure I was going to vomit that I ran to the bathroom (but ultimately I didn't). It lasted about 30 minutes--and naturally it happened at work.

The thing is, I'm not sure why it happened. I ate nothing that I hadn't eaten before with no problems: a shake for Breakfast and braised tofu for lunch. Perhaps it was just too much tofu, but it didn't feel like it at the time.

In other news, I weighed in at 200.2 pounds this morning. So close to breaking the 200 barrier, which I haven't seen in more years than I can remember!

Weird how dumping works. With the sleeve I didn’t think I would ever get that, but I’ve had it once.
Congrats on being on the cusp of ONEderland.
I hope to join you by the end of the month

Sheri you nailed it! Spontaneity gone! Socializing gone! That was really tough to deal with especially being still in some of my best hangover recovery years of my life lol (34). I envy some of your Protein goals I am supposed to aim for 107g a day :/ I usually get to around 70-90 with a 30g shake in the morning, 20g bar in the afternoon, a babybel cheese for a snack and then medium amounts from actual meals like lunch and dinner. I guess I was really stalling a fluctuating the last couple weeks cause I’ve lost 2lbs a day since Sunday 💁‍♀️. Saw 309 on the scale and that means getting into the 200’s isn’t far around the corner ! Great posts today everyone

1 hour ago, Sheribear68 said:

Weird how dumping works. With the sleeve I didn’t think I would ever get that, but I’ve had it once.
Congrats on being on the cusp of ONEderland.
I hope to join you by the end of the month

1 hour ago, Recidivist said:

Recidivist--i had the same thing Friday night. I ate what I thought was normal for me (nothing sweet) and two hours later I was MISERABLE. I got very hot as well and felt like I was having a panic attack. I was also nauseous and started vomiting (or tried to vomit--it was just dry heaving but felt the same). I kept a cold wash cloth on my head to keep the hot sweaty feeling at bay. Since my Feb 13 surgery, this is the only time I've felt like this. At my follow-up appointment I described this feeling to the physician assistant and the nutritionist. Both said that what I ate should not have caused dumping (even though some of the food might be considered high fat--about two small bites each of guacamole, cheese, refried Beans, and mashed potatoes), so they thought I might have had a stomach bug. It only lasted an hour (thank goodness) but it was not fun. The seemed to believe that if it was dumping syndrome I would have eaten sweet foods and had diarrhea. I'm not so sure now...it sounds like you and I experienced the same thing. Plus, it would have been the shortest stomach bug every and too soon for food poisoning. I think. If you have a follow-up soon, can you ask your doctor? I'm very curious now.

2 hours ago, TheMarine79 said:

My weight loss is 3-4 pounds a week like clockwork. However this week was about 2 pds. Assuming that I am loosing inches. Went from size 46 down to 42 in pants. Those are getting loose on me. Starting my weight loss at 339. I am down to 293. Surgery was on February 18th

Great job! I was at a lost for what to wear to work today. My two black "go-two" skirts were way too big. I have lost 30lbs total--I feel the biggest difference around my waist. I am going to have to go "thrifting" with my daughter (at age 16 that's the thing to do now--to find retro clothes). I just hope I can find a few basics to get me through the next stage. I have decided to wait until I get to my goal weight to put $$$ into clothes.

30 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

If you have a follow-up soon, can you ask your doctor? I'm very curious now.

I don't have another follow-up until May, but I'll let you know if I find out then!

I just found a consignment store by my work that will open next month.
Right now they are taking clothes in and will give me store credit.
Works out perfectly because I still have 1 more size to go down to and then I will be out of clothes to wear.

24 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

Great job! I was at a lost for what to wear to work today. My two black "go-two" skirts were way too big. I have lost 30lbs total--I feel the biggest difference around my waist. I am going to have to go "thrifting" with my daughter (at age 16 that's the thing to do now--to find retro clothes). I just hope I can find a few basics to get me through the next stage. I have decided to wait until I get to my goal weight to put $$$ into clothes.

I'm in the same boat. My suits are getting noticeably baggy, but I don't yet fit into my "thinner" wardrobe. (Fortunately I kept some of my old suits in hopes that I would one day fit into them.) However, I'm waiting until goal weight to splurge on a new wardrobe!