Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Survived my first night after surgery! Doing well (I think lol) haven't been allowed to drink anything yet until I see my doctor. Just keep using mouth swans and rinsing my mouth wait the dry mouth wash. It's been very helpful! Hope all the other 25ths are doing well!! We go this! Just keep walking!

On 2/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, TheMarine79 said:

Advice to those having surgery this week. Don’t rush to get on and post the first day of surgery. sleep the say away. We will be here the next day

Now I read your post LOL. I was really tired.

Did anyone else wake up from surgery and think Oh my goodness, I actually just had surgery ? For a moment I was chastising myself for not being able to lose the weight without resorting to surgery. Reading all these post reminded me, this is a very effective tool. However, I still have to work to lose it and maintain the weight loss. Thanks everyone.

18 minutes ago, gerl86 said:

survived my first night after surgery! Doing well

Congratulations. We do have this!

Really strange to read the different protocols. I have to be able to hold down 90 cc’s of Water and 60 cc’s (bout 4 teaspoons ) of Protein prior to being released. Kinda NDA worried.

Edited by Goody222
Quoted wrong

I had written a whole thing but lost it. So just congratulations! drinks ton and walk around the hospital to move all that gas out!!!

Congratulations!!! We all can do it no matter what stage we are at! Drink drink drink. I think the pain is minimal except for the gas so move around as soon as you can. I walked to the bathroom as soon as they let me. I had no catheter so I had to.
I found my note!

Surprised when you had your psych evaluation that subject didn’t come up. My tip is get wash up, dressed in comfy clothes not pj’s and sit in a comfy chair. Stay out of bed. Only to sleep. Watch some fun movies,talk on the phone. Don’t let yourself sink into past behavior. You just made a life changing decision now change!!! You are so fortunate to be able to have this procedure. Lots of people can’t afford it and suffer miserably. You are a happy new butterfly!! You are ! You’ll be great and as the scale moves you’ll be terrific. Fly butterfly fly!! Also drink drink drink and move alittle more each day. You can do it!!

So anything I eat or drink causes pain when it hits my stomach. The pain is strong but brief and passes until the next bite. I do think it’s getting slightly better with time but I’m also afraid to drink/eat now so I’m barely consuming anything. It’s an aching pain, feels like gas but a little different and is directly related to eating/drinking. That’s normal, right? I’m supposed to be going into stage 3 on the 28th but I’m still fighting with broth... One of my menu options coming up day after tomorrow is scrambled eggs. Sounds delicious but painful!!!

Embzee I have been thinking about you and hope you are OK. How have things been going since your last post? Any better?

The eggs are a great addition!! Just eat a little bit. My problem is that you’re supposed eat slowly and everything gets cold.

1 hour ago, Everythinganna said:

So anything I eat or drink causes pain when it hits my stomach. The pain is strong but brief and passes until the next bite. I do think it’s getting slightly better with time but I’m also afraid to drink/eat now so I’m barely consuming anything. It’s an aching pain, feels like gas but a little different and is directly related to eating/drinking. That’s normal, right? I’m supposed to be going into stage 3 on the 28th but I’m still fighting with broth... One of my menu options coming up day after tomorrow is scrambled eggs. Sounds delicious but painful!!!

Hi Everythinganna,

I can only say what my experience was, but I did not have a lot of pain that was directly related to eating or drinking. I took the approach of sipping Water and Protein Shakes all the time rather than setting an alarm and ensuring every 15 minutes I drank 2-4oz. Any pain I had was the sharp, tender pain in my left abdominal area and a sort of heartburn tight feeling in the center of my chest near my solar plexis. If I take too big of a sip, I still have that tight pain. I do seem to burp a lot. I would call your doctor, especially before moving on to eggs--just to be sure!

1 hour ago, TheMarine79 said:

I can have anything in yellow right now. Lots of other stuff on 2/28

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

I had my first post-op visit with my surgeon today and I get to start my smooth foods on Thursday. Thank goodness! I am feeling hunger for "real food" now. I will beginning week "3" (two weeks after surgery) and was told I could have cottage cheese, a very runny egg (not dry scrambled yet), and like consistencies. I'm going to make the ricotta bake on Thursday night as my first "meal." So tired of the full liquids.....