Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

I am getting on the road to go to the hospital! Going by myself and will be there all by myself for the majority of the time until my husband comes later in the week. I have been having such an awesome week. We put an offer on a home and it was excepted yesterday. Then I got an amazing job opportunity yesterday. So instead of feeling nervous I simply feel really confident about the procedure today. I’m on a winning streak! Hoping all goes well today.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:45 PM, Recidivist said:

That's great to hear, Blue. I'll have to keep that in mind in first few days after surgery.

Goody222, i'm on day 15 and i'm ready to get back to living. I'm needing less and less recuperating but i'm trying to not overdo anything. I go for my 1st post OP appt tomorrow and an looking forward to more food variety. I've downloaded some great bariatric cookbooks on Kendal and can't wait to try some of the puree meals. Good luck on your surgery, try patients during recovery, and remember; this too shall pass. Before you know it you will be living your best life.

Surgery was 2 days ago. I am feeling stuffed. Not to gassy. The goal they put me on was 30 grams of Protein and 32 ounces of liquid. I am trying to take 2 ounces every 15-30 min of protein. i did sleep in bed last night. Mainly had to sleep on back. What other experiences are people have 2-3 days out

May I have at least a weak,Oo- Rah? Very very proud of you, remember you owe us all a picture of you when through, if you turn chicken(perish the thought!) you can always PM me one, okay? 2-3 days out, very little pain , drove my son bonkers, kept exposing my belly, couldn't still believe those truly were incisions, thought Dr Needleman drew them on with a thin Red Magic Marker, tapped them gently with a gloved finger, still not much pain , wonder if they gave me some sort of nerve block? When sensation came back approximately 5 days out when the small skin blood vessel started bleeding under my skin until it looked like I was carrying an alien baby in there, it was more itching and prickly discomfort then. Until I started stenosising and ulcerative in there I was much less painful than anything else, that' when Precious Pouch started upchucking even more than when OSU makes a touchdown and I was having so much right subcostal pain, thought Dr N had killed my liver, kept looking in the mirror for my sclera to turn yellow with jaundice.And ThAt's a Tornado tail I'm still riding, to paraphrase the Flintstones commercial " Two months 23 days and Still pumping". Good news for me I'm going from 12 to 10 hours, smaller TPN bags, fewer calories, and I am supposed to try p.o. 2 oz either soft squishy carrots and such veggies or 2 oz Protein chewed to an gray gelatinous mass every 2 to 2.5 hours. Bad news I now have a viral infection, nonA, nonB influenza, positive blood cultures x2, adult thrush because I am now immunocompromized, since I don't visit bariatric again until March 26th for my (Whaaa,10th) endoscopic examination of my esophagus, RnY pouch with stomal structure anomaly, jejuneal(2nd intestinal portion) with its not yet perforated, not yet bleeding ulcerations. Tra-la tweedle dee dee, if I had planned to be this special I would have perfected the Miss America wave better. But you know I will get through this all, at any case my PCP says let's cure this problem first then you can join their little diet,planning. So endoscopy 3/26. follow-up 4/12. what then ? PICC line removal? Rejoin the eating race? Resume the weight loss, cause right now I'm at a near stand still, 3 pounds one month, 6 pounds then other,but when the PICC line was inserted I immediately regained 12 pounds I had lost from malnourishment and dehydration. This may be a straight trail but there are barbed wired lines, on each side. Are they also electrified? Not touching to find out!

6 minutes ago, TheMarine79 said:

Battle scars from surgery

Wow, those look really great. The will fade to almost nothing over time.

25 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

Wow, those look really great. The will fade to almost nothing over time.

Interesting. It looks like you have 6 incisions. I have only 5. One in (or right above) my belly button, two on the right, one in the center between my ribs, and only one on my left. Anyone else have 5 for gastric bypass?

3 hours ago, TheMarine79 said:

Surgery was 2 days ago. I am feeling stuffed. Not to gassy. The goal they put me on was 30 grams of Protein and 32 ounces of liquid. I am trying to take 2 ounces every 15-30 min of Protein. i did sleep in bed last night. Mainly had to sleep on back. What other experiences are people have 2-3 days out

Same, same, same. I'm more of a constant sipper of Water than breaking it up by 2 oz every 15 minutes. I do the same with my Premier Protein shakes. Sip, sip, sip. I'm still sleeping on my back, but feel as if side-sleeping might be in the next night or two. Surgery date: Feb 13.

18 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

Interesting. It looks like you have 6 incisions. I have only 5. One in (or right above) my belly button, two on the right, one in the center between my ribs, and only one on my left. Anyone else have 5 for gastric bypass?

I already have six incisions on my abdomen from cancer surgery in 2017. With five or six more after bypass, I guess i can give up my dream of being a swimsuit model.

1 minute ago, Recidivist said:

I already have six incisions on my abdomen from cancer surgery in 2017. With five or six more after bypass, I guess i can give up my dream of being a swimsuit model.

Ha ha! Good one! Sounds like you've been through a lot!

1st post here. Surgery scheduled for Friday 02/22. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I'm binge reading the posts here before my big day!!!

1st post here. Surgery scheduled for Friday 02/22. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I'm binge reading the posts here before my big day!!

You will do fine. Just do not go in there with any expectations. Don’t expect to recover instantly.

31 minutes ago, Miss Behaving said:

1st post here. Surgery scheduled for Friday 02/22. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I'm binge reading the posts here before my big day!!!

Welcome to the Feb 2019 group! You will get a lot of great info binge reading our posts. Some of us have already had bariatric surgery and some of are on the warm-up bench. What surgery are you having and what has your journey been like so far?

YUM.
I'm still on baby food. Here's my 50g of pureed butter chicken with 20g of Protein yogurt I had for dinner last night. I finished about 3/4s and then became nauseous...
Bought little 100g pottles of puree from a company here in NZ. It's been great not having to think about cooking, because cooking smells are blugh!
52595940_1143191195860634_8965632720164093952_n.thumb.jpg.b5e1141482be6b7f084d472f550b65db.jpg
Congrats. Im due for my sleeve on May. Can u plz pass that reciepe in the cup???

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 02/20/2019 at 13:58, Gottajustdoit said:

I have 6 and then a drain incision, so 7 total.