Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a gastric sleeve and am two years post op. So far I’ve been successful, but I am absolutely terrified that I’m going to fail and regain the weight. Does anyone else feel like this?

And by terrified I mean a constant, all consuming anxiety coupled with assumptions of weight gain and failure.

Hey darlin' you got to believe in YOU. Look how far you have come, what you have accomplished, you never made it this far to become a failure. There's more there than simple🍀 luck. SO If you're scared ever, reach out on here. There are many veterans who have made through every crisis. They can give you wisdom that has worked for them. And I believe you can't fail if you keep your courage strong.👍😝

To make things worse, my first instinct is to turn to food to comfort myself. Lately, I have been struggling with urges to binge as a way to punish myself for my perceived failures.

1 hour ago, ElizabethSara87 said:

I had a gastric sleeve and am two years post op. So far I’ve been successful, but I am absolutely terrified that I’m going to fail and regain the weight. Does anyone else feel like this?

All the time. We've failed at this so often in the past it's hard to imagine a different outcome

First of all, wow!! 2 years out and you lost 138 lbs. Congrats! I'm less than a week out from a sleeve and I'm feeling the same way as you. I've always been prepared for failure and never for success, sadly. I decided that I needed a therapist on this journey because food is my escape, my comfort too. If you are able to talk to someone, I highly recommend it.

5 hours ago, ElizabethSara87 said:

And by terrified I mean a constant, all consuming anxiety coupled with assumptions of weight gain and failure.

I agree with previous poster. Seeing a therapist seems in order.

None of us wants to regain weight, we have all been there.

Constant all consuming anxiety over it? That may be crossing over into another level.

I'm only 2 months out, but I've been seeing my therapist for awhile. She specializes is weight issues. Just today we talked about this and how to set myself up to feel like I have structures in place to keep me on the right path. She even gave me permission (and some ideas) to have a bit of my favorite christmas food and set up some structure for not having it become a problem. I can say, talking it out with someone who specializes in these issues really, really helps.