Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled for December yet?

Congrats Rshea

VGS Surgery tomorrow 12/10/18 @ 0745… getting excited, nervous, all at same time.

I have my psych evaluation left to submit to get my pre-certification for surgery. I’m nervous but they seem to think it will all go through without a hitch.
Me, too! My psych appointment is the 19th--I had to wait to schedule it for Winter Break to start. I'm getting really antsy, lol We (probably) have a strike coming in January, so I'm hoping to have my surgery scheduled during that. Part of me wants it done ASAP, this year, part of me wants to be strategic...of course, it's anyone's guess what my surgeon's calendar looks like 🤷

Sent from my LG-G710 using BariatricPal mobile app

VGS Surgery tomorrow 12/10/18 @ 0745… getting excited, nervous, all at same time.
Mine is tomorrow at 0745 too! I'm nervous but excited. I'm nearly packed (need CPAP packed in morning) and my laptop then I'm ready. Been off work a few days and I'm already bored lol. I'm taking the full month so I can enjoy holidays with my family.

How do you feel physically? My anxiety keeps triggering headaches.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is same day surgery center- after few hours, up walking, able to sip and hold down Fluid, you are discharged. I live in Las Vegas. People from all over the country come to this practice to get this procedure done. They call it fast track. In 5 days get all testing done Psychological is done on line, ULTRASOUND IF NEEDED, EKG, STRESS TEST, EGD, BLOOD WORK, NUTRITION CONSULT, VGS SURGERY, IV THERAPY NEXT DAY then return home. The surgeons have been here for years, they have perfected the process, the patients absolutely get door to door service. Hotel, private car service to and from all appointments. 😁 Of course I live here so I completed my process over few weeks.
Good Luck tomorrow , remember go into procedure with happy positive thoughts 😃

My surgery is same day surgery center- after few hours, up walking, able to sip and hold down Fluid, you are discharged. I live in Las Vegas. People from all over the country come to this practice to get this procedure done. They call it fast track. In 5 days get all testing done Psychological is done on line, ULTRASOUND IF NEEDED, EKG, STRESS TEST, EGD, BLOOD WORK, NUTRITION CONSULT, VGS SURGERY, IV THERAPY NEXT DAY then return home. The surgeons have been here for years, they have perfected the process, the patients absolutely get door to door service. Hotel, private car service to and from all appointments. [emoji16] Of course I live here so I completed my process over few weeks.
Good Luck tomorrow , remember go into procedure with happy positive thoughts [emoji2]
Oh wow..5days that's amazing!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 1 post op, finally sitting in another chair. Day 0 I was in and out of consciousness all day. Surgery was 0745, spent 2 hours in recovery before being moved to my room. I remember waking up in recovery moaning loudly. The nurse was there and administered 1st round of pain meds. The pain was unbelievable. Nothing hurt worse than just laying in the same position in bed for 24 hours. I'm hoping today is better. I'm supposed to walk and I'm feeling so sleepy.

Day 1 post op, finally sitting in another chair. Day 0 I was in and out of consciousness all day. Surgery was 0745, spent 2 hours in recovery before being moved to my room. I remember waking up in recovery moaning loudly. The nurse was there and administered 1st round of pain meds. The pain was unbelievable. Nothing hurt worse than just laying in the same position in bed for 24 hours. I'm hoping today is better. I'm supposed to walk and I'm feeling so sleepy.

I feel you! For some reason that's still not clear to my fuzzy head, I was in surgery for 2hrs but recovery for a little over 5hrs. Don't remember too much until I got to my room. It's getting a little better each day but this is definitely the toughest part!! Hang in there!

RNY Dec 6, 2018

Day 2 less than 24 hours post op, sleep most of the day in my own bed😁 up every 2 hours to walk. Slowly drinking fluids was able to get 40oz in... some residual pain in upper abdomen not as bad as Michael Tyson punch I was feeling yesterday. Took 1 oxy last evening @4pm and 1 this morning @ 7am, still with some nausea but it passes pretty quickly. Vick’s vapor rub helps with that. I went into clinic this am for scheduled IV therapy feel much better. I’m thinking I will survive 😃 my hubby is calling me a trooper. Happy and positive thoughts to all!

Omg my date is the 20 th and these posts make me nervous will it be really really awful ?

1 minute ago, Lolo 2020 said:

Omg my date is the 20 th and these posts make me nervous will it be really really awful ?

You will be fine im the 17th

It isn’t that bad... it is worth the discomfort for the long term goals. I had a double hernia repair likely reason for the increased pain. Think positive

I think it's different for everyone. I asked if this was like my c-sections and was told no, but I think those surgeries were much easier. I feel my clinic in under played this by a lot. I am strong and have great support so I'll be ok. If you have sort in place then you'll be fine as well! It's ok to be nervous. I was even to the last minute. They encouraged me to take Xanax the morning of to help with nerves. (It's perscribed to me)Good luck! Snapchat-985608564.jpeg