Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am very worried that I may need help.

I was sleeved 12/14/2016. I am almost 2 years post opp. Still till this day I throw up on a consistent basis. I can not drink 60oz of Water. I can eat but only certain meats and certain carbs. My body feels weak.
The past 3 weeks have been the worst in quite some time. I have nearly fainted multiple times. During a gym session, after a yoga class and twice while mid-shower (I am pretty sure this was due to steam). I am literally crying as I type this. I never regretted getting my stomach cut until now. I am going to ER in the morning to get IV drip, hopefully I am just very dehydrated and I will feel better and get back to normal but I am so concerned. I want to call my surgeon but my mother told me to wait until we go to ER. Ugh. Not to mention, I have no been able to keep any food down since Tuesday. Today I had 1 grape and threw it up. This is crazy. I have been sipping water and thank god it stayed down today.

If anyone has any advice or has been through something similar please comment or inbox me.

PS - Yes I take Vitamin
PSS - I am posting pic so no one will assume I am malnourished or look sickly by reading this
PSSS - Thank you to anyone who fully reads this and responds. I appreciate u.

❤️

SW: 316.
CW: 152.
Height: 5’7.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Definitely go get fluids! Dehydrated for sure is my bet. You look great but not being able to eat 1 grape is not good. Need more Protein intake. Really need to talk to Dr maybe you have an obstruction that is restricting you food and drink intake. Glad to hear you get your Vitamins. I struggle getting mine.

I had surgery in March 2018. I have lots of Hair loss now. Which starting out with thin/fine hair already is disheartening.

Sorry you are going through this! I cant offer you to much advice only support and prayer that everything is ok! Its great that your going to the ER and you should definitely reach out to your surgeon asap! Keep us updated on your progress! Get well soon!

It could be a number of non threatening things like a rohto virus, influenza or a stomach bug on top of dehydration. Or low blood pressure coupled withjust dehydration. Or just dehydration. All of these will make you feel terrible. ER will run tests but if really really really concerned give them your surgeons info to be contacted and ask for specialized test for things like Cdiff

I have very little to add except going to the Doctor is the essential call and you've already made it! If blood work doesn't tell what's going on, then they will need to check for obstructions, etc.

My very best to you. You look spectacular. Let's hope you feel the same quickly.

Are you waist training or over exercising? I ask because either could be causing some of the symptoms, but not all.

Edited by Screwballski

I'm wondering if you might have a stricture. Yes, it could be all those infectious things like GreenTealael posted above, but if you've never been able to eat certain meats or certain carbs and you can't get your fluids down, I suspect a stricture. ER is OK if your immediate concern is dehydration (and it sounds like it might be), but certainly f/u with your surgeon.

I wish you the best on getting through this. My question is why would you hold off getting in touch with your surgeon? At least to inform them you are going to ER for IV because you are concerned you may be dehydrated. Don't you think if you described your situation they might know from experience what could possibly be going on with you? The ER is a great idea but I think informing your surgical team is a must.

Hey hangin there.
The same happened to my last year ( I haven’t had my surgery yet) I went the exact same symptoms and it was dehydration. After the iv drip I felt 1000 times better. And potassium mega dose I felt like Superman. Talk about a recharge. I never felt so alive .

I literally blacked out and was carried to hospital after 3 fainting spells. I also felt sick as if I had the chills or flu. I couldn’t eat. I was shaking you name it.

Dehydration is horrible !!! So get your iv drip feel better and get back out there. Think of it as a skinny girl problem. 😂 you’ll be fine.

Ps. You look amazing 😉 I hope this helps

Thank you much for the kind words and advice I’m currently still in ER.. on my 4th IV drip bag. I called my surgeon and I have to see him. He said he may have to put a balloon in my stomach to slightly stretch it out more because I am probably restricted but he said that’s surprising after nearly 2 years that the stomach didn’t stretch. Procedure is short. Hoping it won’t get to that point but I will find out tomorrow after I go to the hospital where he is and he will look at stomach etc. then he will tell me what we have to do.

Also I was extremely dehydrated. I do feel better physically but I am still scared to eat. Did not even touch the apple sauce the nurse gave me. I am too nervous at this point 😞

Also 2 - This app has changed so much I don’t know how to even reply to comments separately anymore: When I go to gym I only walk on the treadmill now or do weights for my arms because they are flabby 🙄 I take yoga classes and that is not too hard on my body. No waist trainers I have one that a company sent me from Instagram but never touched I did not believe they work I do not use sweatbelts either

42 minutes ago, goldenbarbie said:

Thank you much for the kind words and advice I’m currently still in ER.. on my 4th IV drip bag. I called my surgeon and I have to see him. He said he may have to put a balloon in my stomach to slightly stretch it out more because I am probably restricted but he said that’s surprising after nearly 2 years that the stomach didn’t stretch. Procedure is short. Hoping it won’t get to that point but I will find out tomorrow after I go to the hospital where he is and he will look at stomach etc. then he will tell me what we have to do.

Also I was extremely dehydrated. I do feel better physically but I am still scared to eat. Did not even touch the apple sauce the nurse gave me. I am too nervous at this point 😞

Also 2 - This app has changed so much I don’t know how to even reply to comments separately anymore: When I go to gym I only walk on the treadmill now or do weights for my arms because they are flabby 🙄 I take yoga classes and that is not too hard on my body. No waist trainers I have one that a company sent me from Instagram but never touched I did not believe they work I do not use sweatbelts either

Hope you feel better soon!

You poor thing! I really hope you’re feeling better now. Dehydration really makes you feel off and vomiting doesn’t help. Be kind to yourself in these moments and don’t hesitate to ask questions/make requests of your doctors and nurses. They are there to guide and serve, after all!

My surgery was Apr 2016 and I do not have any of those issues. Please call your surgeon. You must intake enough Water to sustain you. My water is more than what's required and your Protein is so important. It really sounds like an obstruction of some sort

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app