Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I am almost 4 months since VSG and all of a sudden it seems my Hair loss is accelerating. I find it quite scary actually since I already have fine hair. I do the Biotin and special Shampoo and conditioner for hair loss but...….its not stopping it. Started to use a comb instead of a brush hoping it would help stop pulling out the hair. Sigh......

I have been stuck at 53 lbs weight loss and it aint going any further. Now I have to 'work' for it...…...can't be lazy anymore

Took some cute photos today with my animals

IMG_9439.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BajanSleeve said:

I am almost 4 months since VSG and all of a sudden it seems my Hair loss is accelerating. I find it quite scary actually since I already have fine hair. I do the Biotin and special Shampoo and conditioner for Hair loss but...….its not stopping it. Started to use a comb instead of a brush hoping it would help stop pulling out the hair. Sigh......

I have been stuck at 53 lbs weight loss and it aint going any further. Now I have to 'work' for it...…...can't be lazy anymore

Took some cute photos today with my animals

IMG_9439.JPG

Nothing you do at this point is going to stop or help the hair that's falling out. That's because your body decided months ago that it was going to stop feeding that hair that's falling out now. The reason it's falling out now, is because new hair is pushing the old hair out. Google Telogen Effluvium. It's when something shocks your system (stress, surgery, stressful surgery, etc) and your body has Hair growth cycles, the surgery causes a much higher percentage of hair to go dormant than normal. So, when the "Grow" cycle starts up again, all of that "Rest" cycle hair, gets dumped. It's just a temporary change to your normal shedding cycle. Nothing you can do about it now except deal with it until everything grows back in properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, it sucks....waiting for the baby hairs to get longer. I do take Biotin, folic acid, and put peppermint oil in my leave-in conditioner - it was in a study that said it stimulated growth as well as rogaine. Hey who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my baby fine, thinning hair cut yesterday. I was waiting to have my extensions put bacon but there just wasn't enough left so...here it is...

fullsizeoutput_122d.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks lovely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 10:15 PM, BajanSleeve said:

I am almost 4 months since VSG and all of a sudden it seems my Hair loss is accelerating. I find it quite scary actually since I already have fine hair. I do the Biotin and special Shampoo and conditioner for Hair loss but...….its not stopping it. Started to use a comb instead of a brush hoping it would help stop pulling out the hair. Sigh......

I have been stuck at 53 lbs weight loss and it aint going any further. Now I have to 'work' for it...…...can't be lazy anymore

Took some cute photos today with my animals

IMG_9439.JPG

Btw, 3-4 months is the big hair loss zone. You have a ton more hair than I had BEFORE I cut mine down to the "thickest" level (the new doo in the photo). The loss will stop and new hair will start filling in, so you can probably hang in there with the amount you have. As new hair grows in, just start taking a few inches u. You'll be golden!

Also, 53 lbs in 4 months is A LOT1 HELLOOOOO!!! YOU'RE DOING GREAT! Just stick with Protein first, drink your Water and make sure you are getting proper supplements. It will start coming off again. And stay active. The formula won't fail you. Only you can let yourself down.

Best wishes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/21/2018 at 08:16, Screwballski said:



I just got my baby fine, thinning hair cut yesterday. I was waiting to have my extensions put bacon but there just wasn't enough left so...here it is...



fullsizeoutput_122d.jpeg

If I met you today I would just think “what gorgeous flattering hair that suits her lovely ( thin!) face”. I say rock it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, shazz73 said:

If I met you today I would just think “what gorgeous flattering hair that suits her lovely ( thin!) face”. I say rock it!

Your hair cut looks really great on you, suits you ❤️ I continue to loose a lot of hair and just have to go through it until it stops I would imagine a year into this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hair did the same at 4 months. It seems to be coming back now at 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, I am at 10 1/2 months. Mine is also baby-fine. It is longer - I wear it similar to yours but have always had bangs of some sort. It only thinned somewhat in the 4-6 month range, but then really amped up. There are actually some bare spots here and there on the top near the back that I never noticed til using a hand mirror to check the back while coloring my roots last month. And then the top has thinned so much more - yet ridiculously my roots seem to be growing like crazy as they are constantly gray - even within like 2 weeks after coloring!! I do not get it. I take all the same precautions with the Vitamins and Biotin and even adding the essential peppermint oil as someone else mentioned. My Iron is on the low side, but I have been trying to amp up my intake of that & Protein in my diet as I continue to try different Iron supplements in search of one that does not bother my stomach. My Dr. is not convinced iron infusions are necessary at this point. In addition, not only is the thinning happening, but my hair in general just looks awful. Ends are splitting. Just looks so unhealthy. It's really driving me crazy! Hope it will be healthy again one of these days. Would love to hear any tips from any hair stylists who have had surgery themselves!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im also 4 months post op, Iv lost 51 lbs. had a stall for about 2/3 weeks now. My Hair loss is getting worse and I dread washing my hair. I can see a bit of re growth but very nervous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my VSG done in April. I've noticed after I had kids, my hair thinned out a lot, so I was terrified of the known hairloss after surgery. I have 7 month old dreads, so I can't tell what Hair loss I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 3:59 AM, Matt Z said:

Nothing you do at this point is going to stop or help the hair that's falling out. That's because your body decided months ago that it was going to stop feeding that hair that's falling out now. The reason it's falling out now, is because new hair is pushing the old hair out. Google Telogen Effluvium. It's when something shocks your system (stress, surgery, stressful surgery, etc) and your body has Hair growth cycles, the surgery causes a much higher percentage of hair to go dormant than normal. So, when the "Grow" cycle starts up again, all of that "Rest" cycle hair, gets dumped. It's just a temporary change to your normal shedding cycle. Nothing you can do about it now except deal with it until everything grows back in properly.

I didn't know this! Actually, this kinda makes me feel better. I've lost so much of my long, lovely locks! Enough that I had to have a plumber come out and unclog the drain! So sad....but hope for the regrowth is something to look forward too. I was a little worried I'd just have this stringy, sad, lion fish hair do for good. I can't bear to sheer it off, but man oh man, a breezy day makes me look like a crazy lady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×