Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

I only ever dumped once and that's because (I realize now ) I had sea salt and that has always made me pretty nauseous even before surgery.... My issue is carbs and sugars. I realize I am an addict and have had to learn to admit that to myself. When i could OMAD (pre surgery) I would eat a gigantic salad and some Protein and if i wanted, fries or a cookie and I ate it all pithing an hour or sometimes 4 hours and then didn't eat again until the next day and I lost weight pretty quickly but surgery made it impossible to get in that much food so I can't OMAD anymore. I just cant hit my goals for protein that way. I Miss salad so much. I tried to have one last night and its just all got sin the trash beak again i get full so fast i cant get much in. I miss salads I wish i could have a huge one again bec i miss veggies. For the holidays I always and the baker in my family and everyone expects my baking and i enjoy it. i only do it once a year, so I haven't been able to give it up... and then i snack on the cookie dough and its like a gateway drug to carbs and again my body has zero issue with me eating it (other than gain which is obviously this soon out NOT acceptable). But is drives me nuts that I can eat cookie dough or Cookies or (fill in any food) and my body doesnt push back at all. Whats so odd is eating salad or protein or healthy foods i get full in a couple of bites but I ate three cookies and pie for thanksgiving and ice cream and i didnt get stuffed and that was so bizarre it freaked me out. Like how did my body not react to the bulk of food alone? Anyway i digress. i preplanned my food and Protein Shakes for the day and thats what I intend to stick to. Here is what it looks like

B- Protein Shake and espresso and collagen- 190 c

Water with clear protein mixed in throughout the day - 60 cals

lunch - Protein shake- 160c

snack - 1 egg (if I need it) - 75 c

Dinner- cottage cheese- 160 cal

I'll be around 105 Grams of protein, 10 net carbs, 650 calories and I burned over 800 cals at the gym. Day 1 of 21

5 minutes ago, Serengirl said:

But is drives me nuts that I can eat cookie dough or Cookies or (fill in any food) and my body doesnt push back at all. Whats so odd is eating salad or Protein or healthy foods i get full in a couple of bites but I ate three Cookies and pie for thanksgiving and ice cream and i didnt get stuffed and that was so bizarre it freaked me out. Like how did my body not react to the bulk of food alone?

This dear friend is the cruel irony of WLS. :( I've seen so many people who start developing swallowing issues with dense food. Or for whatever reason, have uncomfy feelings with dense food. And so what do they do? They think they're gonna starve to death. So they start thinking they are smarter than their doc and will just start adding back easy to swallow foods: carbalicious craptastic shenanigans. Cuz you know...crackers, chips, cookies, potatoes, Pasta all go down so easy and their pouch doesn't hurt or resist or feel full. And then suddenly they wonder why weight loss has either stalled or that they are gaining.

But honestly, the tool is doing what it's supposed to be doing in that phase of your WLM journey! It's making it so you eat very little. And we have thousands of cals strapped to our bodies--trapped and asking for release. And that release won't happen as long as we're feeding the fat stores rather than our healthy cells and mitochondria.

You are SUPPOSED to be able to eat only a very small amount. :) Right? That's why you had the surgery!

Some ideas for you about being able to eat your veg. My RD gave me (and all her patients this advice).

Go ahead and have a Protein Drink at the top of the day. Get in and prime the pump with 25-30g of Protein. That way, you have room for more veggies and don't have to make every meal all about protein. So I still do this with a couple to 4 ounces of PP as Creamer in my coffee or because I'm hungry for a smoothie. And then if I want to snack, I will have a salad, or raw veg, or sometimes a half a small apple or berries. And my salads don't have to have 3oz of protein if I don't want to. Cuz 1-2oz will work and leave more room for the veg.

On 12/10/2019 at 15:48, FluffyChix said:

Some ideas for you about being able to eat your veg. My RD gave me (and all her patients this advice).

Go ahead and have a Protein Drink at the top of the day. Get in and prime the pump with 25-30g of Protein. That way, you have room for more veggies and don't have to make every meal all about Protein. So I still do this with a couple to 4 ounces of PP as Creamer in my coffee or because I'm hungry for a smoothie. And then if I want to snack, I will have a salad, or raw veg, or sometimes a half a small apple or berries. And my salads don't have to have 3oz of protein if I don't want to. Cuz 1-2oz will work and leave more room for the veg.

I pretty much do this same thing.
Almost every single day I’m not eating til after 11am and when I do it’s 1/2 Premier and 1/2 iced coffee. That gets me a quick 15gm protein on board and I’m “primed” for more in just an hour or two.
After that late-morning protein, I’m ready for a tuna pouch or 3/4 cup cottage cheese, or even a p3 snack. Sometimes I even get hungry for an afternoon snack, which can be hummus and veggies, or a couple slices deli meat, or olives and a handful of almonds. Then it’s onto dinner, which typically consists of 1/2 protein, 1/2 veg or salad.
Slider carbs I flat-out avoid at all costs.
Don’t want them, don’t need them when I’m detoxed on sugars.

I do wonder why carbs slide and don’t fill up our small stomachs? Bec before surgery and now- I almost never ate Pasta because it made me feel stuffed. So why is bread type food and carbs not filling up a pouch? It’s strange. Anyway my day 1 fast yesterday went well but I forgot I had a screening with a reception afterwards so I didn’t get in as much Water as I wanted. And I avoided the amazing free food and had a mini crab cake for dinner. How’s everyone doing today?

2 hours ago, Serengirl said:

I do wonder why carbs slide and don’t fill up our small stomachs?

No idea why these foods seem to slide for some. Rice makes me feel full really fast.

1 hour ago, summerset said:

No idea why these foods seem to slide for some. Rice makes me feel full really fast.

Same thing with me and rice. I can only eat about 3/4 of one sushi roll and I'm and stuffed.

15 hours ago, Serengirl said:

Same thing with me and rice. I can only eat about 3/4 of one sushi roll and I'm and stuffed.

Me=no issues with rice, Pasta, potatoes other than 2 hours later I will have RH and be on the floor sweating and shaking with bg in the 40s.

I’ve only had rice a couple of times and both times it flat out didn’t even taste good anymore.
Same for potatoes with the exception of these amazing loaded tots I had last week.
I was only able to eat about 6-7 of them, but they were pretty dang awesome.

Impaired them with part of a Breakfast Sammie (sans bread) so that probably slowed down the slider-ish aspect of them

On 12/11/2019 at 2:32 PM, Serengirl said:

I do wonder why carbs slide and don’t fill up our small stomachs? Bec before surgery and now- I almost never ate Pasta because it made me feel stuffed. So why is bread type food and carbs not filling up a pouch? It’s strange. Anyway my day 1 fast yesterday went well but I forgot I had a screening with a reception afterwards so I didn’t get in as much Water as I wanted. And I avoided the amazing free food and had a mini crab cake for dinner. How’s everyone doing today?

bread type foods actually do make me feel full quicker... its highly individualized

9 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

bread type foods actually do make me feel full quicker... its highly individualized

And of course, then I come along and prove this point. It is highly individualized. For me, Pasta, rice, and bread just slide right on through me without making me full. And then I get RH 2 hours later and lay in a pool of sweat praying for a quick death. :( But that alone keeps me "scare straight" for the most part.

And now that I'm at maintenance, I do sometimes add some low carb options to the mix. Here was breakfast this morning: a low carb salmon breakfast taco with B/A's--I used a 45cal 4g net carb tortilla from HEB:

blackened-salmon-breakfast-taco_5498.thumb.JPG.0a1b00863d66f1c1e77d6a69e1b32570.JPG blackened-salmon-breakfast-taco_5500.thumb.JPG.b48a4175bd65a9590a2393d819caeb28.JPG blackened-salmon-breakfast-taco_5501.thumb.JPG.43dcd212e588393df472b127f786aa96.JPG blackened-salmon-breakfast-taco-after_5504.thumb.JPG.19ad6e446ef375373d8ab5de8fb873b9.JPG

Also, this looks ginormous, big as yo' head. But that's about a 4.5" appetizer plate sitting on top of a 6 in square appetizer plate. :)

Tiny Plates.

Good times!

Edited by FluffyChix

So how exactly does intermittent fasting work. There is no way I can start the day without my coffee. I tend to skip breakfast a lot, but the coffee I just need my coffee. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app