Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Excellent information. It's not all about calories - rather the KIND of food eaten and the TIMING.

Ok, who's IFing today? Come on champs!!! Tell us!

I'm going into today 131.4lbs. I'm doing IF. Don't know how long I'll last. I am doing Protein lattes (up to 4oz through the morning and will do broth.) I'm not looking for autophagy fasting, just to lower total cals for the day to 500 for an ADF with caloric restriction.

Am planning foil fish tonight with a big salad--especially after last nights feast meal.

Fluffy how do you make your Protein lattes? I’m doing IF- OMAD but I am having coffee with a splash of Premier Protein this AM pre gym because I have to or I’ll pass out at the gym. And then I have a lunch with friends and then the goal is Water until tomorrow. My eating has been crappy this last week. Co grats on the 131 lbs!!!

5 minutes ago, Serengirl said:

Fluffy how do you make your Protein lattes? I’m doing IF- OMAD but I am having coffee with a splash of Premier Protein this AM pre gym because I have to or I’ll pass out at the gym. And then I have a lunch with friends and then the goal is Water until tomorrow. My eating has been crappy this last week. Co grats on the 131 lbs!!!

It's super simple! Just 6-8oz decaff + 1oz PP (measure in the medi cups they gave us after surgery to sip our Water out of!) + now 1/2oz of SF Torani Syrup (holiday only). :D

Here are the combos I love:

Decaf + PP chocolate + SF Torani pumpkin Pie Syrup + Cinnamon

Decaf + PP Bananas & Cream + SF Torani Pumpkin Pie Syrup + Cinnamon

Decaf + PP Chocolate + SF Torani Peppermint Syrup

Good for you for doing lunch and then nothin else!!! You can get things back in control. It starts with the decision to take your power back!!

On 12/09/2019 at 09:15, FluffyChix said:

Ok, who's IFing today? Come on champs!!! Tell us!

I'm going into today 131.4lbs. I'm doing IF. Don't know how long I'll last. I am doing Protein lattes (up to 4oz through the morning and will do broth.) I'm not looking for autophagy fasting, just to lower total cals for the day to 500 for an ADF with caloric restriction.

Am planning foil fish tonight with a big salad--especially after last nights feast meal.

Mememememe!

Okay, so I was supposed to fast all day yesterday, then woke up with a headache and it was our last morning in town and well..... we had Breakfast and breakfast wine.
So, I started the fast around 11am yesterday and I’m about to “break” it with a coffee/protein shake, then head to the Pilates studio, then have some cottage cheese and sunflower seeds for lunch.
dinner will be rotisserie chicken and a salad pack.
I’ve pre-logged it and it’s gonna be about 500-600 calories (exact total will depend on how much chicken my sleeve will be able to hold later)

All in all, I’m extremely excited to report that I jumped right on the scale this morning and since the Wednesday before thanksgiving I’ve gained 3.2 pounds.
That’s basically 13 days worth of not logging food and drinking/eating whatever, whenever.
Oh yeah, and no BM since Thursday (sorry if that’s TMI).
Anyway, I’ll be weighing in every 1-2 days to see how long it takes to get back under 147.

Right now I’m defending 145-150 and I’m 0.2 pounds over. 🤣🤣🤣

Welcome back! Congrats! I've missed you and glad you had so much fun and were able to let yourself cut loose and eat, drink and be merry. Also super stoked you are able to jump back into TCB!!!! Wooohoooo! Now THAT's what I'm tawkin' 'bout!!!

I had a miserable fail yesterday with IF. LOL. Caved by lunch time then was hungry heifer all day for Protein. Something weird is going on about the protein cravings. If they continue, I'm gonna be forced to check in with the doc. But I have my live support group on Saturday and plan on asking my RD about them.

Am trying for an 18:6 today. At this point the head hunger is fierce, but I'm choosing to be stronger. :D Karate Man don't feel no pain! :D

Have a great time at pilates!!!

On 12/10/2019 at 10:15, FluffyChix said:

Welcome back! Congrats! I've missed you and glad you had so much fun and were able to let yourself cut loose and eat, drink and be merry. Also super stoked you are able to jump back into TCB!!!! Wooohoooo! Now THAT's what I'm tawkin' 'bout!!!

I had a miserable fail yesterday with IF. LOL. Caved by lunch time then was hungry heifer all day for Protein. Something weird is going on about the Protein cravings. If they continue, I'm gonna be forced to check in with the doc. But I have my live support group on Saturday and plan on asking my RD about them.

Am trying for an 18:6 today. At this point the head hunger is fierce, but I'm choosing to be stronger. :D Karate Man don't feel no pain! :D

Have a great time at pilates!!!

Last night was TOUGH. got home around 8pm and wanted to eat sooooooo bad.
I had to seriously fight it off hard-core because my body is still detoxing from sugars (primarily in the form of alcohol sugars) and the cravings were awful.
The good news is that I woke up clear-headed and not hungry at all. It also helped that I slept in a bit to get me through a bit more time.

Please keep us posted on the protein cravings and what your live group days.
Tomorrow am I have an apt with my NUT and will be discussing macro goals with her.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Happy 200th page of IF, it seems like so long ago we started to take this serious instead of dabbling.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

10 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I haven't IF'd in a while because I slipped down to 144-145lbs and that's just not where I want to be. I'm closer to 150 again so I can start again 😍

I love how you are controlling your defended zone! And isn't that the beauty of IF? It's like Dr. Fung, Longo and Pell talk about that we can do IF 1 time per month or quarter for a day or week, etc. and then go back to our normal diets but it's a chance to do internal housekeeping!! :D

Happy 200 pages! Gosh I didn't even see it till you said it. So much good stuff here from everyone!!! I love this thread.

Yay and glad you can come play in IF again!!! Let's shoot for 300!!! :D

Edited by FluffyChix

13 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Last night was TOUGH. got home around 8pm and wanted to eat sooooooo bad.
I had to seriously fight it off hard-core because my body is still detoxing from sugars (primarily in the form of alcohol sugars) and the cravings were awful.
The good news is that I woke up clear-headed and not hungry at all. It also helped that I slept in a bit to get me through a bit more time.

Please keep us posted on the Protein cravings and what your live group days.
Tomorrow am I have an apt with my NUT and will be discussing macro goals with her.

Can't wait to hear what your RD says about forever macros!!! So excited to hear it! Glad you slept in, you're gonna need it when you go back to work! And WTG on standing firm against the head cravings and detox!! You have tremendous WILL girl and focus. I'm seriously inspired by you. You've done so well. Congrats on goal, btw and on maintaining the perimeters!!! Sugar detox is a b***h! ;)

I woke up this morning fiercely determined to do an 18:6--no shenanigans! (I'm up 1.2lbs from yesterday--which I expected and is totes norm. I probably have that much in poop! LOL!) But I started the day with 2cups of autophagy tea (grn tea + earl grey + acv + lemon). I LOVE this stuff! And now I'm doing 1 cup of decaff with cinnamon (to reduce insulin spikes) + Miralax. Then will switch to decaff unsweetened black with cinnamon for another couple. :) Then Water like a crazy person in the desert.

My carbs aka sugars are unacceptable lately and it doesn’t help that I have an Iron sleeve that lets me eat whatever the heck I want. I actually wish I had a physical reaction to food I shouldnt have bec it would help keep me in check so during this holiday period I have to have incredible will power and it’s not my strong suit which is why I got the surgery. Thank G-D I don’t drink. How folks cut that out over holidays when it’s party after party must be so hard. Anyway there are three weeks left in this year and I plan to lock it down diet wise in that time. It’s no joke when they say this is just a tool but all of the hard work is Us - excuse typos this app is so glitchy.

So I’m having Protein coffee- thank Fluffy for advice, 100 oz Water, 90 protein less than 30 net carbs. ( I have been working out 6 days a week so I need some carbs) and around 600 cals. 🙏🏼😫🙌🏼 kind of like a sleeve reset. I’m going to have to rely on shakes and I’m doing a 12:8 today and next week once I know I have this on lockdown move to a 12:6 - wishing you all luck!!!

1 minute ago, Serengirl said:

Anyway there are three weeks left in this year and I plan to lock it down diet wise in that time. It’s no joke when they say this is just a tool but all of the hard work is Us - excuse typos this app is so glitchy.

I hear ya!!!! It is SO hard!!!! One thing that helps me is that M-Thurs I try really hard to just make those days TCB days. That means back to basics of the FD and exercise. Like a normal week. I try to eat as skinny as possible. Then on Friday I make the early part of the day as good as possible. Then Fri-Sun night I have fun. I try to negotiaate having some "good meals" or skipping a meal so that at dinner I can just relax and have fun.

So far it's working. But I suspect the holiday lattes I've allowed back into my life are spiking my blood sugar and putting me on a rollercoaster with carb/sugar cravings and craving Protein like a mofo. So my cals are up up and away!

On 12/10/2019 at 11:46, Serengirl said:

My carbs aka sugars are unacceptable lately and it doesn’t help that I have an Iron sleeve that lets me eat whatever the heck I want. I actually wish I had a physical reaction to food I shouldnt have bec it would help keep me in check so during this holiday period I have to have incredible will power and it’s not my strong suit which is why I got the surgery. Thank G-D I don’t drink. How folks cut that out over holidays when it’s party after party must be so hard. Anyway there are three weeks left in this year and I plan to lock it down diet wise in that time. It’s no joke when they say this is just a tool but all of the hard work is Us - excuse typos this app is so glitchy.

Totally hear ya on the Iron sleeve.
Lol, I was eating salad within 4 weeks PO.
Salad and loads of it. SMH.

Anyway... here is what Friday looked like for me (disclaimer: it was vacation and we went to a really cool 3 house tour cocktail party that lasted for 3 hours)
Friday am: no breakfast. Drank about 16 oz Water to rehydrate from shenanigans from Thursday night.
Friday lunch: 3-4 bites fried chicken, 1/2 cup slaw, 1/2 cup collard greens at a museum cafe.
Friday 4:30-5:30pm. 1 large glass Chardonnay.
Friday 5:45-8pm: spiked apple cider,gimlet, 1 dark and stormy (each house had a 1 cocktail/person limit) and some cheese, crackers, hard cured deli meats, 1/2 ginger snap, 1/3 chocolate brownie spread out between the different venues. Skipped the veggie platter as I judged it would take up too much room that could be used to hold alcohol. 🤣🤣
Friday night 8:30-10pm: 2 more glasses Chardonnay in our Airbnb, then bed.

Zero nausea. Zero dumping. Zero hangover. Kind of scary, TBH, but I made sure that I ate small on the food bc there was no way I wanted to curb the beverages.
Most days I didn’t even try to eat bf 11am though and my sleeve is still as “tight” as ever in the morning.