Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

@FluffyChix

And speaking of Ken, how is that whole "thang" goin? What's the latest and greatest news? Anything?

Things are great, like need to pinch myself level of great. He met the fam on Easter. I got great feedback all around, my family liked him, and he liked my family. It was also really nice he is a totally self sufficient social butterfly. I was hosting, so I'm grateful he didn't need any handholding. Next big step will be meeting his mom when she come out to visit next month.

This forum shows me that there is hope in Veteranville--that it is possible to maintain this weight longterm and that weight gain doesn't "arbitrarily" happen for the most part

I agree, I feel confident that I've got this. Because I'm diligent about logging my food and weighing myself, I feel that I can easily course correct when needed. In the past I just buried my head in the sand because the thought of long term dieting was overwhelming. But making tweaks to my eating and/or exercise as I go feels totally manageable.

When you say 4oz of semi solid food, is that volume or scalemeasurement? And I'm assuming 3oz solid Protein is by scale?

Yes, the weights are by scale. I'm guessing if I squished the burrito portion into a measuring cup it would probably be about 3/4-1 cup. Yes, protein is by weight. I don't eat a lot of solid protein at home, so I haven't weighed it out recently. But for instance, if I'm out and order an 8 oz steak (which are always 8 oz+), I can get through about a 3rd of it. In early days when I was eating pure protein at home and weighing, 3/4-1 oz had me stuffed. So I also can judge my current capacity because I can eat 3 x 4 times that now. I make a big enough dent in a small steak that it doesn't raised questions, which is so nice!

We were out at the park all day at a festival and I had 2 Mich Ultras for the day. :) I raised a bottle to you. Did you see me? ;)

Nice! I fortunately I got over my IPA phase years ago, and prefer a lager these days, so much less cals! (I used to tease a guy I dated about drinking Ultra's, now I'm that guy! :huh:)

19 hours ago, Biddy zz 🏳️🌈 said:

Good research shows that weighing yourself every day, and writing it down is a strong predictor of weight loss maintenance. I record my weight every day (unless I am away in a hotel with no scale) and I use Myfitnesspal so I get a graph - and I can put photos alongside dates so I have a great tracking system. This way maintenance is easy. If I am over 136lbs in the morning, I have a careful eating day. If I am under, I can be a bit more relaxed. Easy!

Oh man, I'm actually doing something that is a good predictor!? I'm so used to being an outlier, it's good to hear I'm doing something "right."

I have yet to get above 130, once I dropped below it. But I like your plan. If the scale goes above 130, I'll just eat more mindfully until it drops back down and stays there for a few days. I can totally do that!

Wow! What great news about the fam and the guy! That's outstanding!!! And wooohooo on meetin' Mama! Remember when you wondered if there was a problem that he wasn't gonna introduce you to her? :D SEG over here! Are you nervous or excited?

Yes, I think the constant vigilence and continued compliance with logging food will help keep us honest. Let's make a pact to never let our group quit logging and weighing daily. Mkay? :D

The funny thing is, I don't drink beer very often...only during the summer and usually just a small Michelada--cuz of the cals and carbs. But it was hot, we were at a music festival in our small town, and beer over ice sounded good. It literally took all day to drink 2 lol. Me=cheap drunk. But I did love the fact that each was only 95 cals and about 2.5g carbs. :D LOL on being "that guy". *raises hand too*

21 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

((hugs)) Boobs as the price of magic. But so glad Santa is bringing you a couple of "whole new bags" ;) ! What a Christmas pressie! Right? And I think your weight really looks beautiful on your body. You have a gorgeous figure. And you know, down the road if regain "does happen to us all" that you would likely settle around 140ish pounds. So this may not be your forever body--but as a temp, it's a smokin' hot one. Right? :D

I wish I could feel as positively about my body as you do 🤣

This is TOTALLY me!

image-0.00488758087158203.jpg

I know at the end of the year I will have plastics, but a year is a long time (for my impatient self) to deal with my ET body.

My list of plastics must haves are BL/BA, TT & Thigh lift. I'm not sure if I can find a surgeon that will do all 3 at the same time. And I am going to be picky with my surgeon, since I don't want to go through all the pain and expense without getting the best possible results. So I would probably be able to find a surgeon to do the procedures, but but not necessarily one I'd be happy with, you know? And if I can't do all three then I have a serious dilemma. It would be at least until the following December that I might be able to carve out the recovery time from my travel schedule. That all means extra time off, extra expense and extra pain. And that's just my must haves, I also have a want list of PS as well.

Additionally, I feel like a pulled a bait and switch on my man. When we started dating I looked pretty damn good honestly. I had gone from my pre WLS DD down to a D. I eventually moved down to a C, which I was still pretty ok with. BUT in the 6 weeks that I went from 140-125, I dropped to an A cup :( :(. It was dramatic, and traumatic. I haven't been an A cup since jr. high, even when I was a normal weight. Obviously they're not perky A cups either. Add to that the less bubble-y bum and the more saggy belly/thighs/arms, I am less attractive naked now then I was when we met (165 lbs vs. 125/130 lbs). Now my man is smart enough to only say nice things of course, but he has admitted he really liked my body when we met. And even more importantly, I liked my body better.

I know for you, 125 is your dream Barbie goal weight, and I sincerely hope you get there, and will be ecstatic for you when you do! But I really wish I could dial back the clock!

This is me at 165 lbs, when I first met my manIMG_8963.thumb.jpg.1718f70ba41d8f2c0d602dd405f2711f.jpg

Here I am at 140 lbs, which was my goal weight

IMG_0812.thumb.jpg.3668c08aa7a391ff764ae5cb1176875f.jpg

Here is me currently 129 lbs in this pic

IMG_3717.thumb.jpg.aa15b749fc0d766f570e6b5d90074d98.jpg

Being completely honest, the only positive between 165-130, is that I lost fat from my stomach. I couldn't wear body con styles at 165, but I could at 140. At 125/130, I can, and my stomach is even flatter (with Spanx of course). But it came at the cost of my boobs, and everything else.

Post PS I'm interested to experiment a little. Everything besides my tummy I am happier with a little fuller than it is now. So after my TT + Lipo, I'm curious to know if I can gain a little, like up to around 140, and since much of my stomach fat cells will have been removed, will it settle on my butt/hips instead? Or would I be unlucky and end up with back fat 🤣 You know what feels amazing though, to feel like I've got this so under control, I CAN experiment!

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Wow! What great news about the fam and the guy! That's outstanding!!! And wooohooo on meetin' Mama! Remember when you wondered if there was a problem that he wasn't gonna introduce you to her? :D SEG over here! Are you nervous or excited?

Yes, I think the constant vigilence and continued compliance with logging food will help keep us honest. Let's make a pact to never let our group quit logging and weighing daily. Mkay? :D

Yes I do remember! He actually later volunteered why he didn't introduce me. She apparently got very attached to an ex of his, and was very upset when they broke up. So that is totally understandable. I think I'm a little nervous. The meet will just be the three of us for brunch, so it can be awkward. I also don't get the impression we have a lot in common. But from everything he has said and the texts I've seen she is very kind, supportive and positive. Oh and she loves her emojis! ❤️🤣❤️🤣❤️🤣

Logging and weighing is an easy no brainer for me. So that is one lifestyle change I can totally commit to. (Let's not talk about the gym though, ok?) 🤣

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

I wish I could feel as positively about my body as you do 🤣

This is TOTALLY me!

image-0.00488758087158203.jpg

I know at the end of the year I will have plastics, but a year is a long time (for my impatient self) to deal with my ET body.

My list of plastics must haves are BL/BA, TT & Thigh lift. I'm not sure if I can find a surgeon that will do all 3 at the same time. And I am going to be picky with my surgeon, since I don't want to go through all the pain and expense without getting the best possible results. So I would probably be able to find a surgeon to do the procedures, but but not necessarily one I'd be happy with, you know? And if I can't do all three then I have a serious dilemma. It would be at least until the following December that I might be able to carve out the recovery time from my travel schedule. That all means extra time off, extra expense and extra pain. And that's just my must haves, I also have a want list of PS as well.

Additionally, I feel like a pulled a bait and switch on my man. When we started dating I looked pretty damn good honestly. I had gone from my pre WLS DD down to a D. I eventually moved down to a C, which I was still pretty ok with. BUT in the 6 weeks that I went from 140-125, I dropped to an A cup :( :(. It was dramatic, and traumatic. I haven't been an A cup since jr. high, even when I was a normal weight. Obviously they're not perky A cups either. Add to that the less bubble-y bum and the more saggy belly/thighs/arms, I am less attractive naked now then I was when we met (165 lbs vs. 125/130 lbs). Now my man is smart enough to only say nice things of course, but he has admitted he really liked my body when we met. And even more importantly, I liked my body better.

I know for you, 125 is your dream Barbie goal weight, and I sincerely hope you get there, and will be ecstatic for you when you do! But I really wish I could dial back the clock!

This is me at 165 lbs, when I first met my manIMG_8963.thumb.jpg.1718f70ba41d8f2c0d602dd405f2711f.jpg

Here I am at 140 lbs, which was my goal weight

IMG_0812.thumb.jpg.3668c08aa7a391ff764ae5cb1176875f.jpg

Here is me currently 129 lbs in this pic

IMG_3717.thumb.jpg.aa15b749fc0d766f570e6b5d90074d98.jpg

Being completely honest, the only positive between 165-130, is that I lost fat from my stomach. I couldn't wear body con styles at 165, but I could at 140. At 125/130, I can, and my stomach is even flatter (with Spanx of course). But it came at the cost of my boobs, and everything else.

Post PS I'm interested to experiment a little. Everything besides my tummy I am happier with a little fuller than it is now. So after my TT + Lipo, I'm curious to know if I can gain a little, like up to around 140, and since much of my stomach fat cells will have been removed, will it settle on my butt/hips instead? Or would I be unlucky and end up with back fat 🤣 You know what feels amazing though, to feel like I've got this so under control, I CAN experiment!

You know im right there with you! 180s to the 150s tore my (mostly self esteem) body down. Those changes were rapid and not necessarily flattering. So every lb lost in the wrong place is sorely missed. Lipo & fat grafting here we come!

Edited by GreenTealael

i never thought about this happening but I had it too. After my PICC was removed on February 26, by the end of March I had dropped 30 pounds from 264 to 234, and now I am at 224 but my belly looks like a train wreck, ridged like I derailed. Better see if I can do some more exercising, maybe I can sit up without feeling like I've cut my breath off. I know my skin will stay a little flabby, too long over 300 and half, but even a little firming up,feeling better about myself, yeah I do Believe I should!

Good morning IF peeps! I am 37 hours into a 72 hour complete Water fast and I don't think this type of fast is for me. No tea, no coffee makes YeahOkay a dull girl. Feeling like I might cave on this experiment--not with food or anything caloric but I need some warm yummy caffeine or I am hitting the floor.

I am going to hold out as long as possible, but it is not looking promising.

Question: What water do you drink?

I hate water, I can deal with poland springs and smart water. But it is still like torture every sip. I tried the Trader Joe's Alkaline electrolite water yesterday and it was a no from me. Today I have Pellegrino sparkling on the docket. Not that I should be having carbonation with my reflux but I am willing to try.

14 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

Good morning IF peeps! I am 37 hours into a 72 hour complete Water fast and I don't think this type of fast is for me. No tea, no coffee makes YeahOkay a dull girl. Feeling like I might cave on this experiment--not with food or anything caloric but I need some warm yummy caffeine or I am hitting the floor.

Question: What Water do you drink?

I hate water, I can deal with poland springs and smart water. But it is still like torture every sip. I tried the Trader Joe's Alkaline electrolite water yesterday and it was a no from me. Today I have Pellegrino sparkling on the docket. Not that I should be having carbonation with my reflux but I am willing to try.

Wow I'm so impressed! Congrats girl. You are an EF Beast!!!! WTG!!! Woooohoooooooooo 🍾🍾:780_sparkling_heart: You inspired me to keep going. I broke my fast last night cuz I started getting some eye infection. So I ate dinner. And this morning I just took a spoon of elderberry extract and 2 Vitamin C pills. So my fast is fried. I was gonna go ahead and use the day to eat, but I think you inspired me again. Even though I took the meds, I will hold off on food until tonight if I can. My eye hurts like a some-b***h!!!

I love Ozarka spring water and drink that exclusively. And yeah, water only...SMH. I'm not there yet. I just can't do it. So I will have:

decaff coffee, plain, unsweetened, black

decaff tea, unsweetened black (especially English and Irish Breakfast teas)

decaff green tea, unsweetened, clear

decaff Earl Grey tea

hot water with 1tbsp ACV (Bragg's Unfiltered) + 1 tiny wedge lemon (about 1/12 of a lemon) + pink salt--2 times a day

water

If I just can't stand it any longer, then I will have a packet of Herb Ox chicken or Beef Bouillon crystals in water. It's like 10cals and <1g carb. Zero Protein in it, so it's not like the protein will break the fast. And I'm not worried about 10 calories. We gotta do what we gotta do to get through. You know?

2 hours ago, YeahOkay31 said:

Question: What Water do you drink?

*BURSTS IN*

AM I LATE?!?!? NO??? WHEW, GOOD...

I like to dine on a variety of *endangered waters 😩😁 ( @sillykitty) I like icelandic higher ph waters, Nordic glacial waters, Fijian aquifers and sometimes dirty French Alps waters 😁😁😁. But its terrible as a eco-citizen so..

domestically I like Saratoga water, 365 (wholefoods) and Crystal Geyser.

Ugh, sorry @FluffyChix about the eye infection! Although many fasting diehards would tell you that fasting will fix it :P Hope you are the mend soon.

I've been lurking about the Re-setters group but haven't jumped in yet. I don't know if fast mimicking is right for me though. I have control issues. I can completely abstain --but moderation is a problem for me. tell me I can have fruit and veggies and you'll see me toppling the fruit carts on the street corner by the end of the day.

Not going so well right now---I've had a headache since last night and it seems to be getting worse. It usually fades after the first night of my EF. So I am caving. I took 2 Tylenol (1 calorie) and I am about to have my black coffee (2 calories). Hopefully this gets me over the hump and I don't have to end early.

On the Water front the S. pellegrino is not bad, at least it tastes like something. Doing Fijian tomorrow @GreenTealael. I think I will have tasted every type of water there is before this is all said and done!

1 minute ago, YeahOkay31 said:

Ugh, sorry @FluffyChix about the eye infection! Although many fasting diehards would tell you that fasting will fix it :P Hope you are the mend soon.

I've been lurking about the Re-setters group but haven't jumped in yet. I don't know if fast mimicking is right for me though. I have control issues. I can completely abstain --but moderation is a problem for me. tell me I can have fruit and veggies and you'll see me toppling the fruit carts on the street corner by the end of the day.

Not going so well right now---I've had a headache since last night and it seems to be getting worse. It usually fades after the first night of my EF. So I am caving. I took 2 Tylenol (1 calorie) and I am about to have my black coffee (2 calories). Hopefully this gets me over the hump and I don't have to end early.

On the Water front the S. pellegrino is not bad, at least it tastes like something. Doing Fijian tomorrow @GreenTealael. I think I will have tasted every type of Water there is before this is all said and done!

Sorry bout your headache! I think it's probably caffeine withdrawal. :(

I hear ya on abstinence v. moderation. You cracked me up about trying to score fruit down on the corner! bahahaha! ;) I don't do so good with moderation either. But for some reason, I'm ok with veggies and very tiny amounts of berries. But dang, any other carbs? Not so much! And I'm quickly figuring out roasted nuts are dicey for me too. :( But I'm ok with raw. Weird huh?

I ended up eating lunch. Made a big ol' salad (arugula, spring mix, purple onion, cucumber, cilantro, raw pumpkin seed, and jalapeno tuna creation with WF Sesame Ginger dressing + ACV and garlic). Tonight will be grilled chickie book and broccoli with garlic. LOL. I hate when I'm sick, I use it as an excuse to give in and "coddle" myself rather than continue with my game plan. But both of these meals are healthy and still very within calories/macros. I just don't get the benefit of low insulin for as long. Oh well.

I like Resetters, cuz they are all pretty supportive. And they each do variations of what works for them. Not everyone does FMD. And a lot of them do EFs. But I do like the rotation of fasting plans available there--especially the autophagy plan and also the ketobiotic plans. :) I could see myself doing either of those long term. Longo's FMD is hard for me, cuz I really miss that Protein after a couple of days.

Hope the Tylenol got rid of the headache and you're already feeling better and continuing on with your fast! I'm off to the V-E-T for him to look at my eye. Ugh, I hope it's just an eyedrop kinda visit. Don't want antibiotics.

How's the eye today, @FluffyChix?

The Tylenol an coffee combo worked, and I felt good for the rest of the day. My BP was up a bit in the afternoon so I took it before bed (about 50 hours in) and it was high. :( 139/98--which means my meds were not working with out food (I am suppose to take them with food or else they metabolize too quickly). Ultimately I had to break fast so I could take a dose of meds -- it was about a 100 calories worth of nuts (macadamia, walnut, almond) and in the morning BP is better. Did the nut thing again this morning to take another dose. Contemplating just eating today 16:8 since my fast is blown. I am pretty sure I am still in Ketosis but autophagy is done. DISAPPOINTED!

At least I got the scale to go down another pound so yay for that.

10 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

How's the eye today, @FluffyChix?

The Tylenol an coffee combo worked, and I felt good for the rest of the day. My BP was up a bit in the afternoon so I took it before bed (about 50 hours in) and it was high. :( 139/98--which means my meds were not working with out food (I am suppose to take them with food or else they metabolize too quickly). Ultimately I had to break fast so I could take a dose of meds -- it was about a 100 calories worth of nuts (macadamia, walnut, almond) and in the morning BP is better. Did the nut thing again this morning to take another dose. Contemplating just eating today 16:8 since my fast is blown. I am pretty sure I am still in Ketosis but autophagy is done. DISAPPOINTED!

At least I got the scale to go down another pound so yay for that.

Glad you have the secret combo for the headache. Sorry to hear about your bp. That same thing happened to me! It was so weird!! It's been very low for a while, then went high. Wonder if the fasting raises our noradrenaline which spikes our bps? I think your snack sounds perfect size and like you didn't do much damage. You know Longo allows 500cals per day on his plan with up to 20g Protein from plant sources. And it's higher fat too. And people still achieve autophagy and stem cell regeneration. That's why I'm thinking it will be ok for small food. And I thought it would help keep my bp down which it did. Also Krista Varady and Dr. James Johnson and Michael Moseley all to ADF with alternate day calorie restriction to around 500 cals. On the other days you eat a normal diet and take in normal quantities. All of their subjects showed improvement and weight loss.

The eye is gross today. It's a stye. I've never had one. Never want one again. It's on the inside so at least you can only see it from inside! Outside it just looks red and puffy. I'll live to fight another day! :D