Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

I have not tried... Yet. I may one day.

How are you enjoying life right now lady? Are you doing well?

1 hour ago, YeahOkay31 said:

The only issue I find is getting all my Protein and calories in is hard as heck. My restriction ain't great at a year out but it is still there. I can get in 1000 calories on a 16:8 but the 20:4 is proving really impossible.

Same issue. So I just dont do 20:4. Super often anymore. I use it like a reset then move right back to 18:6, 16:8, etc...

4 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

How are you enjoying life right now lady? Are you doing well?

Hey y'all! I'm here 💜

Just spring cleaning (Passover and such) so not many comments but IF is still around. How are you?

How is everyone else doing? Still doing some variation of our fav body hack?

Edited by GreenTealael

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Read more about Dr. F. He says that if you do IF and then also have feast days, you won't reduce your BMR. Any calorie deficit is accessible through the ketones (fat burning) + the autophagy (protein recycling). :)

Try to work toward getting your carbs <50g total per day or net (veggies/fiber) to 25-35ish? :) Sounds like you're doing it.

I'd also go back to having a Protein Drink during your eating window until you figure things out? Yay that you still have restriction and that you can have your triggers in the house! Tipping my hat to you!!

Just anecdotal here ... but I inadvertently did IF and feast days throughout most of my weight loss. Home days were pretty strictly IF for the most part, I'd say on average a 6-8 hr eating window, and say 600 cals. But then when traveling all bets were off, a long eating window and a mix of good and bad choices, much higher cals. One of my biggest fears was wrecking my metabolism, since I'd do many days sub 500 cals. But I'm happy to say my metabolism is just fine. It's looking like my BMR is at least 1500 cals, maybe even higher.

I also agree about adding a Protein Shake, I have no shame that I still use shakes, or other Protein supplements to meet my goals. It's easy and efficient, and it just makes sense for me.

8 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Just anecdotal here ... but I inadvertently did IF and feast days throughout most of my weight loss. Home days were pretty strictly IF for the most part, I'd say on average a 6-8 hr eating window, and say 600 cals. But then when traveling all bets were off, a long eating window and a mix of good and bad choices, much higher cals. One of my biggest fears was wrecking my metabolism, since I'd do many days sub 500 cals. But I'm happy to say my metabolism is just fine. It's looking like my BMR is at least 1500 cals, maybe even higher.

I also agree about adding a Protein Shake, I have no shame that I still use shakes, or other Protein supplements to meet my goals. It's easy and efficient, and it just makes sense for me.

You've done awesome and are retaining or regaining metabolic flexibility! I wanna be you when I grow up! I still use Protein Shakes when I want/need them too!

Are your meals at home any different now that you are at goal? Are you using IF to maintain now? And is maintenance even harder than losing phase?

My bariatric doc believes in Protein Shakes. He tells his patients is you can tolerate them to just include them in your forever diet. He says that his most successful long term patients drink them and don’t over eat trying to get their daily allotment of Protein. Sounds sensible to me! So easy to drink my lunch.

8 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Are your meals at home any different now that you are at goal? Are you using IF to maintain now? And is maintenance even harder than losing phase?

I'm not purposefully IF-ing now in maintenance. It's too hard to get Protein + cals in if I do. I sometimes IF inadvertently if I get busy in the morning and don't have my first meal until the afternoon.

I am a lot less regimented now that I'm at goal. I try everyday to get my fluids, protein and supplements in, and log everything. But I don't restrict anything. I can only say I am 100% on logging, the other goals don't always get met.

For me, maintenance is easier than the losing phase. But I know I'm an outlier, and consider myself incredibly lucky. I am diligent about logging and weighing myself because I realize that my honeymoon period might be up at any point. When it is I'll be able to recognize it and adjust as needed.

15 hours ago, sisternewt@yahoo.com said:

My bariatric doc believes in Protein Shakes. He tells his patients is you can tolerate them to just include them in your forever diet. He says that his most successful long term patients drink them and don’t over eat trying to get their daily allotment of Protein. Sounds sensible to me! So easy to drink my lunch.

My RD says the same thing! It's not unusual for her to have pts doing Protein Drinks in the morning for 2 years out. She says it takes the Protein monkey off their back. :) Makes sense to me!

10 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I'm not purposefully IF-ing now in maintenance. It's too hard to get Protein + cals in if I do. I sometimes IF inadvertently if I get busy in the morning and don't have my first meal until the afternoon.

I am a lot less regimented now that I'm at goal. I try everyday to get my fluids, protein and supplements in, and log everything. But I don't restrict anything. I can only say I am 100% on logging, the other goals don't always get met.

For me, maintenance is easier than the losing phase. But I know I'm an outlier, and consider myself incredibly lucky. I am diligent about logging and weighing myself because I realize that my honeymoon period might be up at any point. When it is I'll be able to recognize it and adjust as needed.

I'm so happy for you!! I truly believe you've figured it out and will be one of the long term maintaining vets because of your attitude!!! 🍾

20 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Try to work toward getting your carbs <50g total per day or net (veggies/fiber) to 25-35ish? :) Sounds like you're doing it.

This I'll admit I am being a stubborn brat about. I like sugar in my coffee. It is like borderline addiction. I can drink it black and do when fasting but on "feast" times, I don't wanna! It pushes my carbs up every time--the only triumph I can claim here is that I've come down from three cups to one cups. Otherwise my carbs are all veggies, and the little found in Fairlife or a half cup of fruit, the occasional 1/4 cup nuts or Beans.

I get that mantra in my head with every cup, love yourself more than coffee, love yourself more than coffee...but nope, love coffee way more! :D

18 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Same issue. So I just dont do 20:4. Super often anymore. I use it like a reset then move right back to 18:6, 16:8, etc...

Yep, I think ultimately 18:6 is where I will stay with the bi-monthly 36 hour (hopefully 48 someday) fast.

18 hours ago, sillykitty said:

That is amazing, I hope with fasting I can get there, because 1500 cals is extremely normal and doable in my book.

I may have to take everyone's advice here and go back to my Isopure shakes---not only for the Protein, my Calcium intake has been pretty subpar as well.

Down another pound today, so hooray IF!

1 hour ago, YeahOkay31 said:

This I'll admit I am being a stubborn brat about. I like sugar in my coffee. It is like borderline addiction. I can drink it black and do when fasting but on "feast" times, I don't wanna! It pushes my carbs up every time--the only triumph I can claim here is that I've come down from three cups to one cups. Otherwise my carbs are all veggies, and the little found in Fairlife or a half cup of fruit, the occasional 1/4 cup nuts or Beans.

I get that mantra in my head with every cup, love yourself more than coffee, love yourself more than coffee...but nope, love coffee way more! :D

Yep, I think ultimately 18:6 is where I will stay with the bi-monthly 36 hour (hopefully 48 someday) fast.

That is amazing, I hope with fasting I can get there, because 1500 cals is extremely normal and doable in my book.

I may have to take everyone's advice here and go back to my Isopure shakes---not only for the Protein, my Calcium intake has been pretty subpar as well.

Down another pound today, so hooray IF!

Baby steps. Pretty soon, if you use this time to MAXIMIZE your tool and kill the cravings/associations with the things that are not BENEFICIAL to us or to making our goal. We have to teach our inner person to have new behaviors. You have to train your dragon. You can do it. The decision is the beginning of the action. It's the part with all the strength.

I have always joked I will change anything in my diet or give up anything, just don’t mess with my coffee! I drank it one specific way for way too long! But dr said no caffeine for at least ) months. FOR REAL?!?! Well I’ve probably had 4 or 5 cups of Decaf coffee in the last 4 months. Good coffee, too. But just not quite the same. I miss it but that’s ok!
Just an extra comment here: my son and his wife have totally embraced IF since Christmas. They have done phenomenally!!!

20 minutes ago, sisternewt@yahoo.com said:

I have always joked I will change anything in my diet or give up anything, just don’t mess with my coffee! I drank it one specific way for way too long! But dr said no caffeine for at least ) months. FOR REAL?!?! Well I’ve probably had 4 or 5 cups of Decaf coffee in the last 4 months. Good coffee, too. But just not quite the same. I miss it but that’s ok!
Just an extra comment here: my son and his wife have totally embraced IF since Christmas. They have done phenomenally!!!

Yay!!! So glad to hear about your son and DIL!

LOL, lucky for me I had to switch to decaff years ago (when I was still using sweet n' low and Coffee Mate). :rolleyes: Then the journey to health began (literally 20+ years ago), step by step. I reduced the CM. Broke up with CM. Then reduced the sugar. Broke up with sugar. And ended up drinking coffee black. Then with surgery was surprised at how delightful I thought CocomoJoe was! (Banana Premier Protein Drink in hot or cold coffee with ice). :) That's really the only way I like sweetened coffee now.

Still working on trying to get rid of my sweetener in decaff tea though...it's a journey, right ladies?

Eight years ago today (Good Friday) I was told by my doctor that I quite likely had breast cancer and needed to have a biopsy asap. She said to get ready, cuz I needed to prepare for the hardest year of my life. She wasn't wrong...

Now fast forward to 2019 Good Friday, I'm 3lbs from my 3rd Goal (133lbs) and living a miraculous life in NED. (no evidence of disease).

I'm blessed to be here and so happy to walk this journey of healthy living with you all! (Pic ho coming soon--maybe this afternoon after my trip to Old Navy 50% off sale. Woot!!

Eight years ago today (Good Friday) I was told by my doctor that I quite likely had breast cancer and needed to have a biopsy asap. She said to get ready, cuz I needed to prepare for the hardest year of my life. She wasn't wrong...

Now fast forward to 2019 Good Friday, I'm 3lbs from my 3rd Goal (133lbs) and living a miraculous life in NED. (no evidence of disease).

I'm blessed to be here and so happy to walk this journey of healthy living with you all! (Pic ho coming soon--maybe this afternoon after my trip to Old Navy 50% off sale. Woot!!

We're overjoyed that you're with us, too, Fluffy!

Yay!

We (politely) demand a TaTa inspired appreciation picathon lol