Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

15 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Thanks !!

Just a test that requires a fasted state.

Yeah its weird, it calms the hunger right down especially dry fasts because nothing is being consumed.

Totes agree. Dry fasts have less hunger than Water fasts for me. Glad to hear it about your test. Hope it all goes well. Don't forget to study! ;)

Ahhhhh the joys of breaking the long fast

NOT

I had forgotten about the explosive BMs. Does this happen to anyone else, or am I a unicorn?

12 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Ahhhhh the joys of breaking the long fast

NOT

I had forgotten about the explosive BMs. Does this happen to anyone else, or am I a unicorn?

Oh no my dear. I can relate! Good times!

19 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

So currently 36 hrs in

the dry fast turned to a wet fast with a couple cups of tea & Water for about 2 hrs then right back into a dry fast 😂

You rock lady!!! I'm trying for an OMAD at 6pm tonight. Wet fast. Just didn't have it in my to dry today. Good luck today btw!

21 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

You rock lady!!! I'm trying for an OMAD at 6pm tonight. Wet fast. Just didn't have it in my to dry today. Good luck today btw!

I don't normally try EF or dry fast (except Yom Kippur) but i had several reasons to and it seemed like good timing. After this I'll move back to 20:4 then 18:6.

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I don't normally try EF or dry fast (except Yom Kippur) but i had several reasons to and it seemed like good timing. After this I'll move back to 20:4 then 18:6.

Yeah, EFs are tough especially when it's just WF! I find them practically impossible. :( Me=wimpy Most of my OMADs (and I don't do a lot of those) are 22:2 or 20:4 and I purposely don't worry about hitting Protein goals. But my other days, I try to hit my protein goal each day during the eating window--usually 16:8 or 18:6. I had a big night last night and am up a couple of pounds of Water weight today, so it's on like Donkey Kong.

Once a month Resetters do a 5 day fast. I'm not being very compliant this week. My excuse rationalization is Memorial Day. *sigh*. Oh well. Will get back on it today and go for 5 consecutive days with is. It's really an FMD of sorts featuring 2x a day green smoothies and unlimited green veg. Come do it with me. :) You'd be surprised how easy it is to get your protein in on it. I was given the ok to have hemp hearts and chia from my oncologist. :D

28 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yeah, EFs are tough especially when it's just WF! I find them practically impossible. :( Me=wimpy Most of my OMADs (and I don't do a lot of those) are 22:2 or 20:4 and I purposely don't worry about hitting Protein goals. But my other days, I try to hit my Protein goal each day during the eating window--usually 16:8 or 18:6. I had a big night last night and am up a couple of pounds of Water weight today, so it's on like Donkey Kong.

Once a month Resetters do a 5 day fast. I'm not being very compliant this week. My excuse rationalization is Memorial Day. *sigh*. Oh well. Will get back on it today and go for 5 consecutive days with is. It's really an FMD of sorts featuring 2x a day green smoothies and unlimited green veg. Come do it with me. :) You'd be surprised how easy it is to get your protein in on it. I was given the ok to have hemp hearts and chia from my oncologist. :D

5 days? That's too hard core for me 😂 plus I actually did promise my Team i wouldn't do long restrictive fast.

The smoothie and vege days I *may* be able to swing...

But congrats on the new foods additions!! Can't wait for you to try chia pudding

12 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

5 days? That's too hard core for me 😂 plus I actually did promise my Team i wouldn't do long restrictive fast.

The smoothie and vege days I *may* be able to swing...

But congrats on the new foods additions!! Can't wait for you to try chia pudding

Nooo! It's 5 days eating basically vegan. Like you. :) I can't do 5 days of a WF. But I can do 5 days of an FMD eating greens/veggies and green smoothies. And getting Protein in from hemp hearts, chia, some garbanzo Beans. My carbs are still net 50g or less per day. :)

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Nooo! It's 5 days eating basically vegan. Like you. :) I can't do 5 days of a WF. But I can do 5 days of an FMD eating greens/veggies and green smoothies. And getting Protein in from hemp hearts, chia, some garbanzo Beans. My carbs are still net 50g or less per day. :)

Ohhhhhhh ok

Saw this today. It didn't come as any big surprise. I think we all remember experiencing this? It's an old study.

image.png.954877f83c1137912e7c487279970ad6.png

https://www.gastrojournal.org/article/0016-5085(86)90943-1/pdf?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2F

19 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Fast completed. No clue how long it was in total but 48+ hrs. Sleeve has dramatically reduced it's capacity.

Yay!!! Congrats to you and your teeny, tiny sleeve! :D

40 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yay!!! Congrats to you and your teeny, tiny sleeve! :D

I also dont want to eat again lol. I bought an epic $10 salad and after a few bites accidentally

Dropped. It. All.

I just binned it and went on my merry way like it was nothing 😳

16 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I also dont want to eat again lol. I bought an epic $10 salad and after a few bites accidentally

Dropped. It. All.

I just binned it and went on my merry way like it was nothing 😳

Good that you went on your merry way. Bad that you dropped a danged ol' $10 salad! :(