Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

1 minute ago, Sheribear68 said:

Still here and still observing and learning.
I’m now >3 months post-surgery so not quite ready to jump on the IF train just yet

Question: when did most of y’all feel like you were far enough out from surgery to start IF?
My sleeve is usually so tight in the morning that I’m basically doing 14:10 or 15:9 every day because about the only thing besides Water I can take in before 11am is coffee with a couple ounces milk.

Once midday to early evening hits, I can hold about 1-1.25 cups of food in my sleeve before the pain hits

I hope everyone will come back and answer!!!

For me, I was at 8 months. That's when I started this thread. So you can go read about the journey. I had no issues getting all my fluids in, and no probs getting all my Protein in from food. That's the key in my opinion. Wait till that is super easy. Wait till your losses from surgery are diminishing. Wait till hunger kicks up. Wait till you start eating more at meals (inappropriately). This is something you do "in addition to" your tool and making good po dietary and lifestyle choices.

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

. Wait till your losses from surgery are diminishing. Wait till hunger kicks up. Wait till you start eating more at meals (inappropriately). This is something you do "in addition to" your tool and making good po dietary and lifestyle choices.

This!

I recommend letting your tool (along with making good choices) do the work for as long as possible. Keep IF in your back pocket, for when as @FluffyChix says you get hungrier, WL slows, etc.. Then add in IF as your secret weapon. It is an easy way (for me) to suppress hunger and limit snacking, grazing, and therefore decrease my cals for the day.

24 minutes ago, summerset said:

Anyone doing IF because of benefits that don't have the #becauseweightloss hashtag? I feel alone, lol.

Yes. I am. That's why I continue to post these YT and articles. I know @GreenTealael is as well. I am interested in the autophagy and stem cell promotion. As well as the actuation of SIRTUAN gene activation along with the emerging science relative to longevity, aging, and reversal of certain diseases.

Edited by FluffyChix

23 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I miss you.

I miss kibitzing with you and @GreenTealael!

*sniff* (the world is a much more sparse and scary place without our daily chats)

Let's chat .... Stream of conscientiousness style 😁

Been busy at work, but less travel YTD. So want that to pick up, mama needs her points and miles 😂

Things have been really good with the bf. This weekend is the big mom-meet 😓! Also, feeling this is really serious / long term. His friend whom he spends the most time with asked for my contact info, so we could plan his upcoming bday together. So makes me feel accepted and a big part of his life, you know?

Saw a Groupon for a BBL for a great price, for a really reputable surgeon. Spent hours contemplating if I could fit it in with no sick time taken, if I could find two weeks of guaranteed no travel. A BBL isn't my top priority PS, but it needs donor fat, so it makes sense to get it done before a TT and Thigh Lift. Also recovery seems much easier due to having such small incisions, vs other types of plastics. But then in reading about recovery, you're not supposed to sit for weeks, or really as long as possible, which isn't compatible with flights and meetings, like real life, 😪.

I'm really enjoying getting out and walking to run my errands. The saying, "nobody walks in LA" is completely true. It's crazy, my zip's walkability score is 83, the weather is gorgeous, but the only other people out walking are either with their dogs, or have "issues". Since I'm super casual (ahem, maybe sloppy) around the house, I might look like I have "issues" too :blush:. Tonight I'm going to walk to a "Taste of ..." food fest thing, then Friday night staying overnight in the city my bf works in that has tons of restaurants and bars. Both my town and his work city are terrible for parking, so not having to deal with that is a bonus! There is one problem with walking distances to places though, you can't wear cute shoes 😥. On Friday I have an appointment across town, that has super terrible parking, and it's a 3 mile walk each way, I'm not sure if I can spare the 3+ hours out of my day for that.

I have a vacation coming up that I just can't get motivated to plan for, I'm super behind and thinking about it stresses me out!

Ok .... now everyone else's turn!

6 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Let's chat .... Stream of conscientiousness style 😁

Been busy at work, but less travel YTD. So want that to pick up, mama needs her points and miles 😂

Things have been really good with the bf. This weekend is the big mom-meet 😓! Also, feeling this is really serious / long term. His friend whom he spends the most time with asked for my contact info, so we could plan his upcoming bday together. So makes me feel accepted and a big part of his life, you know?

Saw a Groupon for a BBL for a great price, for a really reputable surgeon. Spent hours contemplating if I could fit it in with no sick time taken, if I could find two weeks of guaranteed no travel. A BBL isn't my top priority PS, but it needs donor fat, so it makes sense to get it done before a TT and Thigh Lift. Also recovery seems much easier due to having such small incisions, vs other types of plastics. But then in reading about recovery, you're not supposed to sit for weeks, or really as long as possible, which isn't compatible with flights and meetings, like real life, 😪.

I'm really enjoying getting out and walking to run my errands. The saying, "nobody walks in LA" is completely true. It's crazy, my zip's walkability score is 83, the weather is gorgeous, but the only other people out walking are either with their dogs, or have "issues". Since I'm super casual (ahem, maybe sloppy) around the house, I might look like I have "issues" too :blush:. Tonight I'm going to walk to a "Taste of ..." food fest thing, then Friday night staying overnight in the city my bf works in that has tons of restaurants and bars. Both my town and his work city are terrible for parking, so not having to deal with that is a bonus! There is one problem with walking distances to places though, you can't wear cute shoes 😥. On Friday I have an appointment across town, that has super terrible parking, and it's a 3 mile walk each way, I'm not sure if I can spare the 3+ hours out of my day for that.

I have a vacation coming up that I just can't get motivated to plan for, I'm super behind and thinking about it stresses me out!

Ok .... now everyone else's turn!

Oh wow!!! So many great things happening for you (except lack of miles and points--hehe)!! Oh snap! Now I'm nervous for you about Mama's visit! You will do great obviously, but still--what a nail biter! Will eating your nails stop an IF? ;) *snort* I love that it's beginning to feel "real" to you and that his friends have accepted you and are now assimilating you into their life. ;) Assimilate!!!!

What's a BBL? Breast and Bottle Lift? I'm betting it's a Breast and Brachioplasty Lift? I can tell you that I've had the double mastectomy and 3 reconstructions. They were so very very painful and exhausting. And took me by storm. It's taken years to be able to get to the point where I can exercise normally now. I know your experience will be quite a bit easier and more concise with 1 surgery, but you have a pretty good amount of edema in your chest area, back, side boobs, and arms. But yeah on the donor fat. That's muy importante!!! (Oh my on the thigh lift. I want one so bad. Never will happen though for many reasons. *sniff*)

Girl! Your walking is off the chain fabulous!!!! I'm very impressed and it's so good for you! Get a cute purse so you can tuck cute shoes into it! :)

Where is vaca? And will you travel with BF as your vaca boo?

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh wow!!! So many great things happening for you (except lack of miles and points--hehe)!! Oh snap! Now I'm nervous for you about Mama's visit! You will do great obviously, but still--what a nail biter! Will eating your nails stop an IF? ;) *snort* I love that it's beginning to feel "real" to you and that his friends have accepted you and are now assimilating you into their life. ;) Assimilate!!!!

What's a BBL? Breast and Bottle Lift? I'm betting it's a Breast and Brachioplasty Lift? I can tell you that I've had the double mastectomy and 3 reconstructions. They were so very very painful and exhausting. And took me by storm. It's taken years to be able to get to the point where I can exercise normally now. I know your experience will be quite a bit easier and more concise with 1 surgery, but you have a pretty good amount of edema in your chest area, back, side boobs, and arms. But yeah on the donor fat. That's muy importante!!! (Oh my on the thigh lift. I want one so bad. Never will happen though for many reasons. *sniff*)

Girl! Your walking is off the chain fabulous!!!! I'm very impressed and it's so good for you! Get a cute purse so you can tuck cute shoes into it! :)

Where is vaca? And will you travel with BF as your vaca boo?

BBL = Brazilian Butt Lift

Boobs, tummy and thighs are my must haves, my butt is a want to have (it's borderline, while the other bits are trash 😥)

I could pack cute shoes, but for most of the walking outings, walking is the event, like at a food fest, or bar hopping 😣

I'm sure the mom meet will go well, I'm just afraid of awkward silences. From everything I know she is a very nice, sweet person :)

No boo vacays planned as of yet. We have a hard enough time fitting in weekend getaways with our schedules! This is a mom vacay, to Iceland. :)

3 hours ago, sillykitty said:

BBL = Brazilian butt lift

Boobs, tummy and thighs are my must haves, my butt is a want to have (it's borderline, while the other bits are trash 😥)

I could pack cute shoes, but for most of the walking outings, walking is the event, like at a food fest, or bar hopping 😣

I'm sure the mom meet will go well, I'm just afraid of awkward silences. From everything I know she is a very nice, sweet person :)

No boo vacays planned as of yet. We have a hard enough time fitting in weekend getaways with our schedules! This is a mom vacay, to Iceland. :)

Ohhhhhh the stealthy BBL!!!! Of course! Mas pain! Mas pleasure "in the end." hehe I'm afraid I'm just gonna have to get a tat on my wrinkled bum as a qualifier to everyone, "Abandon all hope." bahaha! The one advantage to the girls recon, is that they are still standing up straight and proud only now they are really pretty "large and in charge" cuz the rest of me shrinky dinked while they did not. LOL.

You will be brilliant with Mama! I've no doubt about it! Just remember to breathe and be yourself. She will love you!!! Woooohooo can NOT wait for a report!

Well the vacays will come in time. :) Yay on weekend get aways!!! Wow on Iceland! Will you stay in an ice hotel and eat fermented shark and drink slivovitz (sp?). :) Why Iceland?

Oh FYI, successful 20:4 IF completed, thankyouvermuch. ;)

Hey guys! So I lost that initial 8lbs the first week of IF and nothing since then and it’s been 3 weeks. I keep gaining and losing the same 2lbs. I’m very happy with the way I feel while IF so I have continued despite the stalled weight loss I’m just wondering if this is normal or if it’s time to cut out more calories or add in some.

7 minutes ago, alioolala said:

Hey guys! So I lost that initial 8lbs the first week of IF and nothing since then and it’s been 3 weeks. I keep gaining and losing the same 2lbs. I’m very happy with the way I feel while IF so I have continued despite the stalled weight loss I’m just wondering if this is normal or if it’s time to cut out more calories or add in some.

What are you eating on your feast days and fasting days. We need more information hon.

I’m doing IF pretty much everyday I didn’t know about feast days 😬 i have Premier Protein shake or Protein Bar everyday to break the fast, and then its Protein only the other 2 meals, chicken or beef 2.5 oz never more. I will have a little fruit or veggies or nuts between a meal when I’m hungry. Calories range from 550-700 depending on the day. Water can always be better but that’s always been a struggle for me.

30 minutes ago, alioolala said:

I’m doing IF pretty much everyday I didn’t know about feast days 😬 i have Premier Protein shake or Protein Bar everyday to break the fast, and then its Protein only the other 2 meals, chicken or beef 2.5 oz never more. I will have a little fruit or veggies or nuts between a meal when I’m hungry. Calories range from 550-700 depending on the day. Water can always be better but that’s always been a struggle for me.

I’ll try to post more tomorrow, but honestly? If you still require 1 shake + 1 bar in order to get ur Protein, u r premature in doing IF. Right? But many have issues losing with Protein Bars. More later!!

Thank you fluffy for responding so quick! I consider you an expert with this so I really appreciate it. I’m a newbie and I know probably annoying some of you! I do a bar or a shake not both in one day and I really just enjoy both that’s the main reason. I could definitely switch that first meal to some eggs and turkey bacon if you think that would help. I always hit above that 60 mark for Protein but I’m not gonna lie I do like my protein supplements 🤷🏻‍♀️

16 hours ago, alioolala said:

Thank you fluffy for responding so quick! I consider you an expert with this so I really appreciate it. I’m a newbie and I know probably annoying some of you! I do a bar or a shake not both in one day and I really just enjoy both that’s the main reason. I could definitely switch that first meal to some eggs and turkey bacon if you think that would help. I always hit above that 60 mark for Protein but I’m not gonna lie I do like my Protein supplements 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm not saying you live a joyless life. But please don't squander this time by being easy on yourself? Please don't. I wouldn't say anything if you were following your path and the weight was just flying off. But you are telling me, that weight loss is lagging. And I'm telling you, that now is the time to knuckle down and get the rest of it off. The last 20 lbs is brutal or at least in my experience in WLS. ((hugs)) Drop ANYTHING that doesn't facilitate your goal. You will have a lifetime in maintenance to cycle in "treats."

So you think the bars and shakes are causing the stall? I def don’t want to waste this precious time either I will take all advice and try it to see if it break this stall! I’m desperate 😜first meal today was eggs and turkey bacon and lunch and dinner will be Protein as well. I’ll check back in a week and keep ya posted. Thanks again for your advice! I know I could be drinking more Water as well I’m also going to work harder at this.