Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

On 11/9/2018 at 3:32 PM, MissPoodle said:

I definitely have different responses to the same foods on different days...and they taste differently too. I don't vomit but can get reflux. I also can't do dense meat or eggs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

We seem to all be at very different points. I'm at seven weeks out. Able to eat chicken and beef in Soups, green Beans, cooked carrots and applesauce- that type of thing. But nothing tomato-y (pasta sauce, salsa, ketchup, bbq) seems to work well, so sauces are tough. I tried finely cut moist and well chewed meatloaf today and it was nausea extreme.

What I'm most worried about is that I'm only eating less than an ounce of anything other than applesauce or plain Soup, and that's less than two ounces. Is that okay? My NUT is totally useless.

Edited by Lizaboo

I'm nearly 8 weeks out and i feel that things have only just started to settle down. I saw my nutritionist/ dietitian and my surgeon last week and it went well. I told them how i was struggling to get in all my Protein and also how i wasn't able to eat anything else because i was so full. She suggested that i have a bite of protein then a bite of vegies and keep alternating like that rather than just fill up on protein. It has made the world of difference to me...I'm not sure why! I'm eating more and a larger variety and the protein foods aren't becoming stuck or causing reflux. And I'm not as bored. Not sure if this helps but it was definitely the right advice for me. I'm still struggling with slowing down my eating though!!

8 hours ago, MissPoodle said:

I'm nearly 8 weeks out and i feel that things have only just started to settle down. I saw my nutritionist/ dietitian and my surgeon last week and it went well. I told them how i was struggling to get in all my Protein and also how i wasn't able to eat anything else because i was so full. She suggested that i have a bite of Protein then a bite of vegies and keep alternating like that rather than just fill up on protein. It has made the world of difference to me...I'm not sure why! I'm eating more and a larger variety and the protein foods aren't becoming stuck or causing reflux. And I'm not as bored. Not sure if this helps but it was definitely the right advice for me. I'm still struggling with slowing down my eating though!!

MissPoodle, that sounds like a great idea. I'm so full just trying to get any protein in! I'll give that a shot. Sounds like you have a great group there. It is hqrd not to feel full all the time. Honestly, there are times I have to remind myself to eat an actual meal- with trying to get Water and Protein Drinks in, usually I already feel pretty full!

I know, this will all settle down for us. :)

Hey did I update you on my latest? Dr Noria did stretch my stricture out a little, that was the GOOD part. The BAD one, my ulcers are no better, in fact a little worse. I am now forbid to be in the presence of anyone smoking or who is retaining smoke on their. clothes. Well neither Tomkitten or I 🚬 smoke, last visitor we had that did, I made then smoke outside, told them I have asthma , well really I do! And I am to up my Protein to 90 grams. And I was struggling to make it to 60 on this liquids only, Wal-Mart stopped having flavors of Premier Protein, only chocolate which I can't have and vanilla which I am SO TIRED of. Krogers here I come!

MissPoodle, I want to thank you again for sharing your doctor's recommendation to alternate bites of vegetable and Protein. It is making it so much easier to get protein down without feeling nauseous! Thanks again!

MissPoodle, I want to thank you again for sharing your doctor's recommendation to alternate bites of vegetable and Protein. It is making it so much easier to get Protein down without feeling nauseous! Thanks again!
That's such great news! I'm finding it's still working well for me too

I am so impatient with my weight loss :(. I try not to be but when you are eating so little you expect it to just fall off. I have lost 42.2 total and 27.2 since surgery 9/10/18. I keep telling myself on average that is pretty good for 9 weeks post up. It's just to bad I can't lose it as easily as I can gain it...lol How is everyone else's weight loss since surgery?

So I am trying not to be a pest to everyone with my hohum drum boring life I have broken the 330 mark and am proud to say that yesterday I weighed in at 329. I was so excited. I have lost a total of 54.9 pounds from the day I first went to the clinic and 30 pounds from my surgery date. I have had ups and downs. I am back at work now and have been for a few weeks now. My knee is not liking me much but I peddle every morning before I go to work so it makes it a little better. The Protein at work is the biggest challenge.

REALLY scale? ??? 0.2 loss this week....uggg. Well, i guess i should be thankful, at least it is a loss and not a gain!

@shoregirl75 a loss is a loss take it as a win. I am almost 8 weeks post op and have had days when the scale bounced up and down the same 2 oz for 3 or 4 days it was very frustrating.

I hit 50 from pre-op today and 36 since surgery. Feels slow but then I see that number and think ok maybe not. Just weird I’m in all the same clothes, no one has really noticed. It’s just strange all the way around. Not sure I was fully prepared for the mental side of this surgery.

Greetings September Buddies,

RNY 9/6 and down 60lbs.

Only hurdle is when I have a vodka martini.

Shalom.

Planochick, congrats on your weight loss. The mental side is such a struggle. I have had stalls, gains and loss. I’ve had dumping syndrome. I had my gallbladder removed earlier this month and everything just slowed all the way down. I definitely have been going through the mental side but just remember to go back to basics and I know I couldn’t lose more than 20 lbs before the surgery before I gained it back. Just remember to step back and try to regroup.

So are i know there are lots of different instructions out there but i see lots of people say 3 meals a day only, no grazing no Snacks. Is that what most of you are doing. My surgery was 9/10 so i am cleared for everything, but i was told 4-6 small meals a day is what i should be doing. I don't have a nutritionist to follow up with. So i just wanted to see what most every else was doing at this point. Did you start off with 4-6 small meals and progress to the 3 meals as you can eat more? Or are some of you still doing the 4-6 small meals a day? Thanks for your help in advance!