Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’ve been 263lbs for 2 fkn weeks!! I only eat plain meat and Premier Protein shakes and I drink just Water sometimes I add crystal light. I workout at the gym like a dog burning 500cals 4-5days a week, yet I’m stuck. I’m so pissed I just want to inject pure Syrup into my veins 😤 I thought it was simple math & science cut carbs (mine are at 0) more calories going out than coming in which I burn more calories than I eat. So how the holy hell am I able to maintain my weight? It’s not even supposed to be scientifically possible It’s fkn crazy!!! there’s people who would have lost 20 lbs eating like this and I can’t lose 1lb eating like this and with a bypass. I’m so frustrated I could beat myself up! Oh and I’m 2 months out where’s that honeymoon stage where I’m supposed to eat whatever and still lose?!?!? I can’t even lose while not eating. Of course I’m the person this surgery wouldn’t work for. I’m over it!!

1 minute ago, Yo-yo girl said:

I’ve been 263lbs for 2 fkn weeks!! I only eat plain meat and Premier Protein shakes and I drink just Water sometimes I add crystal light. I workout at the gym like a dog burning 500cals 4-5days a week, yet I’m stuck. I’m so pissed I just want to inject pure Syrup into my veins 😤 I thought it was simple math & science cut carbs (mine are at 0) more calories going out than coming in which I burn more calories than I eat. So how the holy hell am I able to maintain my weight? It’s not even supposed to be scientifically possible It’s fkn crazy!!! there’s people who would have lost 20 lbs eating like this and I can’t lose 1lb eating like this and with a bypass. I’m so frustrated I could beat myself up! Oh and I’m 2 months out where’s that honeymoon stage where I’m supposed to eat whatever and still lose?!?!? I can’t even lose while not eating. Of course I’m the person this surgery wouldn’t work for. I’m over it!!

Hows your Water intake? Like, how much are you getting a day? Our bodies need a crazy amount of water normally, and it uses water to break down fat. So if you don't have enough to allow it what it needs, fat loss is going to suffer.

Also, working out is going to increase muscle size, which is good in the long run. Not so much short term as the building requires swelling to occur, which means... water weight! But, down the line, those larger muscles will burn more fat than they would being smaller. So you WILL see the results.

Now, are you tracking your fat %? I've had weeks where I didn't lose any weight, but my body fat % keep dropping. Hell, I've had days where I've actually GAINED weight, but lost body fat. So your best course of action, is to keep doing what you are doing. If you are not gaining... then you are doing fine. Just ride it out, as frustrating as it is, and trust me... I know exactly how frustrating it is.

Are you getting any Fiber? If not... you REALLY want to make sure you are getting plenty of fiber! It helps clean things out and keep things moving along. Even if you are "regular" getting more fiber can still help you out.

On 07/27/2018 at 11:51, Matt Z said:

Hows your Water intake? Like, how much are you getting a day? Our bodies need a crazy amount of Water normally, and it uses water to break down fat. So if you don't have enough to allow it what it needs, fat loss is going to suffer.

Also, working out is going to increase muscle size, which is good in the long run. Not so much short term as the building requires swelling to occur, which means... water weight! But, down the line, those larger muscles will burn more fat than they would being smaller. So you WILL see the results.

Now, are you tracking your fat %? I've had weeks where I didn't lose any weight, but my body fat % keep dropping. Hell, I've had days where I've actually GAINED weight, but lost body fat. So your best course of action, is to keep doing what you are doing. If you are not gaining... then you are doing fine. Just ride it out, as frustrating as it is, and trust me... I know exactly how frustrating it is.

Are you getting any Fiber? If not... you REALLY want to make sure you are getting plenty of fiber! It helps clean things out and keep things moving along. Even if you are "regular" getting more fiber can still help you out.

My water intake has been better than it ever has considering I stopped drinking light beers to speed things up and even seltzer water because very little of it quench my thirst. 2 things i should have never been drinking but did and still lose weight not that I quit I’m stalling, how ironic. I don’t do weights and will not start to until I’ve lost another 30% of my weight I’m focused on lots of cardio and resistance training. I measure my loss with a scale not a BMI tool or measuring tape because that’s all that matters to me. I track my weight on an app called happy scale so even if my weight fluctuates a pound or a pound and a half it means nothing to me because I understand my moving average. When I tell you I’m stuck on this weight like a rock unfazed without reason i mean it. I’ve been telling myself to be patient because there is no other diet or regimen better than the one I’m already on, i can not restrict anymore nor am I upping it and I’m deff not going to start eating carbs hell with the “good carbs”. Speaking of which, I’ve also been on ketosis the entire time. So to sum it up.. I eat clean as all hell I literally have nothing to log because I only have meat without even marinating it bc I don’t want to add cals and carb just salt and pepper and Premier Protein shakes and water. Clean lean low cal fat and carb. If someone else wrote this I’ll blatantly call them a liar because such isn’t possible one would be melting away. When I tell you I’m furious it’s an understatement! Thanks for trying to figure this out with me 💪

2 minutes ago, Yo-yo girl said:

My Water intake has been better than it ever has considering I stopped drinking light beers to speed things up and even seltzer water because very little of it quench my thirst. 2 things i should have never been drinking but did and still lose weight not that I quit I’m stalling, how ironic. I don’t do weights and will not start to until I’ve lost another 30% of my weight I’m focused on lots of cardio and resistance training. I measure my loss with a scale not a BMI tool or measuring tape because that’s all that matters to me. I track my weight on an app called happy scale so even if my weight fluctuates a pound or a pound and a half it means nothing to me because I understand my moving average. When I tell you I’m stuck on this weight like a rock unfazed without reason i mean it. I’ve been telling myself to be patient because there is no other diet or regimen better than the one I’m already on, i can not restrict anymore nor am I upping it and I’m deff not going to start eating carbs hell with the “good carbs”. Speaking of which, I’ve also been on ketosis the entire time. So to sum it up.. I eat clean as all hell I literally have nothing to log because I only have meat without even marinating it bc I don’t want to add cals and carb just salt and pepper and Premier Protein shakes and water. Clean lean low cal fat and carb. If someone else wrote this I’ll blatantly call them a liar because such isn’t possible one would be melting away. When I tell you I’m furious it’s an understatement! Thanks for trying to figure this out with me 💪

The almost pure meat diet might be the deal... you really do need fiber and good carbs. Veggies have carbs, so it doesn't need to be bread. There are studies outlining how increasing calories can actually help speed up weight loss, part of why I was saying to make sure you talk to your nutritionist. Not saying what you are doing is wrong, just, sometimes the body needs to be "confused" or have a curve ball thrown at it for it to get off of whatever is keeping it where it is. With what you are doing not working... it might be time to adjust. Continuing to do the same thing, might not get you were you want to go... then again, it could also out of nowhere just start working again. It's a crazy process overall and with everyone be so totally different, it can be hard.

Tracking fat loss helps me because, when I step on the scale and if it doesn't move or I gain... And the fat % drops, I don't freak out as much. Fat loss is just as important as "weight" loss. Because overall, that's what we are really wanting to get rid of, the fat.

Hope things finally break for you and those numbers start to drop.

On 07/27/2018 at 15:31, Matt Z said:

The almost pure meat diet might be the deal... you really do need Fiber and good carbs. Veggies have carbs, so it doesn't need to be bread. There are studies outlining how increasing calories can actually help speed up weight loss, part of why I was saying to make sure you talk to your nutritionist. Not saying what you are doing is wrong, just, sometimes the body needs to be "confused" or have a curve ball thrown at it for it to get off of whatever is keeping it where it is. With what you are doing not working... it might be time to adjust. Continuing to do the same thing, might not get you were you want to go... then again, it could also out of nowhere just start working again. It's a crazy process overall and with everyone be so totally different, it can be hard.

Tracking fat loss helps me because, when I step on the scale and if it doesn't move or I gain... And the fat % drops, I don't freak out as much. Fat loss is just as important as "weight" loss. Because overall, that's what we are really wanting to get rid of, the fat.

Hope things finally break for you and those numbers start to drop.

The prob with me is that I have a lot of restriction, i can’t fully eat 2 oz of meat I mean i Can but i don’t feel very good once I’m finished. I’ll be very full and with a stomach ache. So I don’t want to make it an even smaller portion adding veggies but I do love veggies and I actually tolerate them quite well. I’ll deff look into those fiber mixes and deff incorporate it until I can add veggies. And you’re deff right sometimes after a cheat meal or something to switch things up the body goes back on track but I’m so scared of gaining and being stuck at a higher number lol lord I’ll really come here and rant. I’ll keep you updated with how it goes.

Start measuring and tracking other measurements that usually get forgotten. Hips, thighs, waist, stomach, chest, arms or whatever suits you.

I had been a stall very recently, and it started to bother me but I realized that my jogging intervals are faster and easier, and I am adding weights at the gym very consistently. Since I am eating right, there is nothing else I can do. I am on a good trajectory so I didn't let it bother me.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

You will be surprised at what weight training will do for fat loss. I say try incorporating light weight training 3x/week

I recently had a pretty long, brutal stall. I could not get under 90kg/200lbs. I was so angry and ready to murder everyone around me. I completely sympathise. My stall did pass. The important thing is that you don't give up and start breaking rules in the meantime out of frustration. It is so difficult to stay motivated when you're not seeing results on the scale. Even though you know the stall will eventually end, it doesn't feel like it when you're in the middle of one.

Focus on your success to date (look at your before photos), congratulate yourself on how far you have already come, you may want to read or watch something weight loss related that will inspire you, read the forums, write a list of reasons for wanting to improve your health or do whatever will keep you motivated! Sometimes, breaking a stall is just about hanging on till it passes.