Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your marriage or relationship die after you lost the weight?

I would like to ask were you heavy when the two of you fell in love? That could be a reason she is acting this way. If you were both heavy she may have fallen in love with that "you" and may feel somewhat betrayed being you lost the weight and look and feel better when she is still the same.

Other than that I wish I had some additional wisdom to give you but pretty much everything else I would have said has already been said. All I can do is wish you the very best of luck and say your not a bad looking dude.

You look awesome but more importantly you feel great.

I’m sorry about the current situation with your wife, I hope she comes out of the funk and realizes before it’s too late.

Do what’s best for you and your child.

4 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

oh man...a kiddo, too.:44_frowning2:

What a horribly difficult position to be in.

Best wishes to you, George. I hope your therapist helps you to understand you don't deserve to be treated like that. And your kiddo doesn't need to observe you being treated that way, either.

You can't save the world, George. But you can save yourself and be a good Dad who won't let a toxic stew become a child's definition of normal.

Wishing you brighter days and a healthier future.

Thank you for being so kind.It really means the world to me.

5 hours ago, wanda247 said:

You look great and congrats on all of your weight loss...I'm sorry to hear about your wife, maybe encourage her to have the surgery and take control of her health and to stop acting childish with the spending. Only you know your situation but if you love her and think it's worth it try marriage counseling.

I wish you all the best!

Thank you for your kindness

7 hours ago, Tealael said:

Sorry, this is happening. No one on either side of the equation deserves to be treated poorly. Abuse can come in many forms, emotional, physical and financial. It can even happen to men. It *sounds* a lot like what you may be going through. But no one will be more qualified to help than a marriage , mental (and financial counselor) give these resources a try, give it your best efforts, so that whatever plan you come up with will be a success, just like your weight loss journey.

Peace and Blessings

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

Thank you.Peace and blessings to you too!

7 hours ago, KCgirl061 said:

You don't look hideous, you look healthy. I don't know if its too late for your marriage but she could definitely benefit from counseling. Depending on where you are emotionally, you probably could as well. Especially if you believe that line of bull$#it about spending 5 grand on video games BECAUSE YOU LOST WEIGHT. That's ridiculous.

I’ve been hurt a lot in life.Physically,sexually,emotionally.She hurt me worse than anything that has happened to me.For the longest time my son called me George not dad,I always thought it was cute.I found out from someone that she would tell my son not to call me dad,to call me George.On that day what was left of my heart shattered into pieces.They also overheard her badmouthing me to her dad,and blamed me for our financial problemsI worked over 700 hours of overtime that year believing that I was helping my family.I wasn’t even able to buy my Vitamins for a year and a half.I just got back on them last week.I hurt so bad inside because the woman I used to love pretty much didn’t care that I was sick or hurting.She has taken me to depths of sorrow I have never experienced.But she destroyed me when she told my son that.

7 hours ago, FLHappyGirl said:

Sorry to hear this, it must be hard for you! I would bet your wife is insecure in her own weight and now she feels like she doesn't have a partner in her unhealthy lifestyle. Don't let that derail your efforts! Loving someone means supporting them even when it is hard for you to do so.

You look fantastic! Don't let ANYONE tell you differently, and keep up the good work.

Thank you.I’m doing my best to stay positive.I’m from Alabama originally so I have no family up here.I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to uplift me!

2 hours ago, MarinaGirl said:

You look good George, really. It sounds like you’ve put in some effort to save your marriage but if your wife is not interested then it is for naught. I think you should immediately do what you can to protect the family assets as any further spending could impact having optimal resources to care for your child. Do not let your wife’s spending habits impact your credit another day. Good luck.

Thank you.My dad was remarried 4 times.I wanted to get married and be together forever because I know how badly his divorces hurt me.I promised my son when he was born that his mom and I will be together forever.I feel like I have failed him.I honestly don’t know what else to do.

59 minutes ago, J San said:

I would like to ask were you heavy when the two of you fell in love? That could be a reason she is acting this way. If you were both heavy she may have fallen in love with that "you" and may feel somewhat betrayed being you lost the weight and look and feel better when she is still the same.

Other than that I wish I had some additional wisdom to give you but pretty much everything else I would have said has already been said. All I can do is wish you the very best of luck and say your not a bad looking dude.

Yes we were both heavy.Since we’ve been married she put on 100+ pounds.I never had an issue with her weight till it affected her health.I just wanted her to feel good like me.I wanted her to live so she could be here for our son,and so we could grow old together.

55 minutes ago, BostonWLKC said:

You look awesome but more importantly you feel great.

I’m sorry about the current situation with your wife, I hope she comes out of the funk and realizes before it’s too late.

Do what’s best for you and your child.

Thanks.I’m going too.I’m just worried about what his future will look like if I lose.I love him so much.

It is always sad when something dies, especially a relationship. Only,you you know whether it can be resuscitated . But George OG you are strong, you are resourceful, you will do what is correct.
PS She is dead wrong- you ARE NOT UGLY- I would be proud to walk side-by-side with you in friendship.😛👍😛

3 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

It is always sad when something dies, especially a relationship. Only,you you know whether it can be resuscitated . But George OG you are strong, you are resourceful, you will do what is correct.
PS She is dead wrong- you ARE NOT UGLY- I would be proud to walk side-by-side with you in friendship.😛👍😛

Thank you very much!

On 7/24/2018 at 3:19 PM, macadamia said:

Thank you very much! Us guys have to stick together. I can be a listener for women as well... :)

I agree you're such a nice guy and so supportive!!!

Just now, Rileyjay1821 said:

I agree you're such a nice guy and so supportive!!!

Why, thank you very much! I appreciate the kind words... (-:

On 7/24/2018 at 11:47 AM, George OG said:

So I weighed 380 and my wife is like 300 pounds.Now i’m 167 pounds.She really wasn’t supportive of my surgery.She was making comments about me calling me skin and bones man.She also bankrupted our family spending over 5000 dollars on a video game because I lost weight.She has no interest in me emotionally or physically.I am only posting a pic to get honest feedback.Believe me I can handle it.She has made me feel like I’m very unattractive even though I think I look ok.I have decided to divorce her because I can’t take getting crapped on anymore?I don’t regret my surgery even though I’m getting divorced.I hate to say it but she really made makes questions if I am hideous now.I can handle blunt truth.Have any of you had issues after a bypass too or other weight loss tool?

6206A183-1966-495A-839F-F383E7979406.jpeg

CE0B30B1-0AAF-419A-823F-F0DDD06C62BA.jpeg

It sounds to me like she's having a hard time with the fact that you are living a healthy lifestyle and she is continuing not to. I'm a big believer in surrounding yourself with people who love and support you. If she isn't willing to go to therapy to fix things and become a positive person in your life, then I think you'll be a happier person not having that negativity around. I hope it all works out for you!

Btw: you look great! Very healthy!!