Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh yay! I'm so glad for you. Usually the cardiac clearance is the last step. You must be getting very close to securing a date!
Unfortunately I still have 4 months of dietician appointments for insurance. [emoji20]
But we're making progress in the right direction!

Sent from my Pixel using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for the update. So glad everything was ok. Good luck on your journey. The sleeve was the best thing I ever did for myself. You will do great!

Thanks for the update. So glad everything was ok. Good luck on your journey. The sleeve was the best thing I ever did for myself. You will do great!
No problem!
Thank you! I am so relieved.
I'm scared but so so excited for what this can do for me.
I've been chubby my whole life. I can't wait to feel more comfortable in my own skin!
It's amazing seeing all the success on here! So encouraging! [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel using BariatricPal mobile app

I know it must be so frustrating to wait this long. Funny thing is my insurance had NO supervised diet requirement, but my doctor made me do it anyway. I had goals, milestones to meet and they were huge! But I did it. Before surgery even happened I was so proud of myself. I had to start eating in a way that I would be eating after surgery. It was hard, sometimes I starved myself so I could eat something really bad for me and not have it show in my progress. Looking back, I was struggling with some really huge food demons, but I'm so glad I had punched them all out before surgery. There was no mourning for sugar, no craving for fat garbage, no crying for cake, just a focus on getting better, and eating better and the sleeve helped me take that last huge step which is "true" change. I'm so sorry I just threw all this at you, I guess I wanted to console you for having to wait and try not to waste the waiting period. I bought these cute little pyrex glass condiment bowls before surgery. They hold a measured cup. It will be a very long time before you can ever eat more than what fits in one of these little bowls. In fact, you probably won't be able to eat much more than half. I started eating from these for nearly all things I ate and still do to this day. Probably will forever lol. I ramble on so much! I can't wait to hear more from you though and see you reach your day and all the days after.

Yay, so glad it will all work out!!

My EKG was abnormal too. I am another obese person with bradycardia. My resting heart rate dropped to 40 when I started the pre-op diet. It hasn't gone up much since then. my heart rate used to go to 140 when walking briskly, but now I can be out of breath and it is at 125. I guess my body thinks it is starving and is trying to hold on to the fat. This is part of the reason I upped my calories to the 1000-1200 range.

1 hour ago, BurBur said:

I know it must be so frustrating to wait this long. Funny thing is my insurance had NO supervised diet requirement, but my doctor made me do it anyway. I had goals, milestones to meet and they were huge! But I did it. Before surgery even happened I was so proud of myself. I had to start eating in a way that I would be eating after surgery. It was hard, sometimes I starved myself so I could eat something really bad for me and not have it show in my progress. Looking back, I was struggling with some really huge food demons, but I'm so glad I had punched them all out before surgery. There was no mourning for sugar, no craving for fat garbage, no crying for cake, just a focus on getting better, and eating better and the sleeve helped me take that last huge step which is "true" change. I'm so sorry I just threw all this at you, I guess I wanted to console you for having to wait and try not to waste the waiting period. I bought these cute little pyrex glass condiment bowls before surgery. They hold a measured cup. It will be a very long time before you can ever eat more than what fits in one of these little bowls. In fact, you probably won't be able to eat much more than half. I started eating from these for nearly all things I ate and still do to this day. Probably will forever lol. I ramble on so much! I can't wait to hear more from you though and see you reach your day and all the days after.

No i totally understand and agree with you. I think this is the main reason insurance requires this is so you can be in this mindset before surgery. My surgeon is pretty strict and will not do your surgery if you gain weight or are not trying before hand. The sleeve is just a tool and not something that is going to be a save all. You still have to work at eating better and battling those food "demons" I am a big emotional eater. But ive been overweight my whole life. So i am truly hoping this will help!

I love this community it has made this decision seem way less scary and way more exciting!

also your 166 lbs down! Killing it!

7 minutes ago, okayestmom said:

My EKG was abnormal too. I am another obese person with bradycardia. My resting heart rate dropped to 40 when I started the pre-op diet. It hasn't gone up much since then. my heart rate used to go to 140 when walking briskly, but now I can be out of breath and it is at 125. I guess my body thinks it is starving and is trying to hold on to the fat. This is part of the reason I upped my calories to the 1000-1200 range.

oh crazy! She didnt consider me to have bradycardia but for someone my size, shape, ect my hr is low.

My heart just beats a little different from what i got from her showing me my EKG haha

I have the heartbeat of a "younger" person is how she explained it. My t wave is very flat often seen in children. But she said there was no issue with that and it was considered normal.

So that is good to hear!

I'm a paramedic...literally ANYTHING could cause an abnormal EKG. If they didn't jump on it within a day or two it probably isn't anything serious. The cardiologist will probably just re-do the EKG to his standards (skin prep/lead placement, etc) and send you on your way. If you tend to get nervous or are a big caffeine drinker, you could have some benign irregular beats...he'll say-cut the caffeine. :-)

Hope everything is A-Okay! Try not to fret too much...but it is scarey to be told your heart's abnormal and have no idea why. Keep us posted.

16 minutes ago, DTMEDIC said:

I'm a paramedic...literally ANYTHING could cause an abnormal EKG. If they didn't jump on it within a day or two it probably isn't anything serious. The cardiologist will probably just re-do the EKG to his standards (skin prep/lead placement, etc) and send you on your way. If you tend to get nervous or are a big caffeine drinker, you could have some benign irregular beats...he'll say-cut the caffeine. :-)

Hope everything is A-Okay! Try not to fret too much...but it is scarey to be told your heart's abnormal and have no idea why. Keep us posted.

That is amazing! ive always been interested in the EMT field but as ive gotten older ive gotten more and more scared so i went into drafting instead! Good for you! that is a hard job!

The cardiologist did another EKG and i basically have very little to no t wave is what she said. She told me it is common in younger people and i had nothing to worry about! Everything else looked perfect.

Thanks for the reassurance! i love this community!