Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Say No to Cheez-Its!!!

A small experiment today that truly underscores the danger of slider foods!

Two and a half months post op and at this stage, I’m able to eat 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup of food at meal time. If I eat more, I get hiccups, start burping and feel uncomfortable. In need of an afternoon snack as I walked past the cracker aisle at the grocery store, I grabbed a box of Cheez-Its. Of course, I planned to eat half a serving at 75 calories or 14 small crackers. What a mistake! By the time I got home half the box was gone, and I didn’t feel that constricted or uncomfortable.

After seeing how much I ate of the box of crackers, I vowed to never open another box of crackers or bag of chips!

Please fill me in on your mistakes so I can avoid them in advance!

I avoided cheez-its for like, 7.5 months after surgery, but had some 2 weeks ago in an impulsive gas station buy on a road trip :( It was a 3 serving bag and I got through 2 servings without even realizing it! Never. Again. the cheez-its are BANNED!

I was so successful keeping them out of the house (those and other crackers are my "I will devour this whole bag/carton" type foods) and now I have to try harder to eliminate gas station stops--like packing a bag ahead of time for nutrition needs! Did that last roadtrip (after the cheez it meltdown) and was wickedly successful. Protein Shake and a yogurt if I needed one or both. :)

Otherwise...I don't think I've had any huge slider screw ups like that. Unless you count alcohol. there are sadly days where I drink my calories from bad things like that instead of eating real people food. #workinprogress anyone? :P

Cheez-its and the cinnamon sugar pita chips are my kryptonite! I craved them during my recent pregnancy. I am now 7 months out from delivery and still struggling to lose these last 15 pounds. I had a come to Jesus realization about these 2 items. They cannot be in my pantry.

Nuts, I could easily eat my daily caloric intake from nuts alone before I feel any restriction but 3 boiled eggs never can finish them in a single meal

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 169

Hot & Spicy Cheez-Its are possibly my biggest weakness food. I could - and did more than once - empty a box in one session. Although I'm just now post-surgery, I already know they cannot be in my pantry, a "one time" snack choice or in any way part of my life.

I feel the same about White Cheddar ones but we are separated and finalizing our divorce with my RnY on September 5th. I've just got to make sure they don't sneak back to my pantry shelf where I can find them!🍞

Oh man, Cheez-its are dangerous for me too...one of my favorite binge foods, along with ice cream. I just have no Portion Control at all with those items.

I have seen some recipes for low carb Cheez-its, but I’m sure I would still eat way too many of them.